Anyone else mad about no more extended MK hours for deluxe guests?

kwdw

DIS Veteran
I am NOT happy about the cancellation of MK extended evening hours for deluxe guests. I booked and planned this fall for a bunch of friends counting on them because Disney said they would extend through 2023. Changing up a park and the day is not cool in my opinion. The value of my trip just went down, a LOT. We have other things that were pre-paid items booked that means our days aren’t flexible. Now the only way we can switch to enjoying ones at HS is by adding hoppers and that is more money. It’s less than 60 days out! Folks book stuff at 60 days!

I thought most people expected there to not be any once the Halloween and Xmas parties started. That’s been true in past years and true when it was evening extra magic hours. It’s really hard to rely upon anything they offer that’s not guaranteed🙁

I didn’t really know this but sometimes I upgrade to deluxe just to have that so not now.

I did NOT expect it prior to the announcement that DHS would be receiving EEH because MK had EEH on every Wednesday during MNSSHP and MVMCP in 2022. DHS was added to EEH on Thursday for 2 nights during MVMCP in 2022. Once DHS was announced a few weeks ago and dates overlapped Wednesdays I knew there was no way MK would continue because the deluxe resort pool guest is so small and there is no way Disney is splitting that between 2 parks.

I doubt DHS will offer it during Jollywood Nights. Does MK return, or will it be down to Epcot only?

Seems like it's a way to upsell deluxe resort guests on party tickets.

Does anyone know when/if it's coming back? Was considering upgrading to deluxe, not so much now if can't get EEH.

I was P’ed off - I planned everything for our upcoming Sept/Oct trip. The hours are released pretty late, so I had to make all the plans based on the “normal” EE schedule (Monday EPCOT, Wednesday MK). And of course, they release the calendar and the first day they cancelled the MK EE, is the day we’re at MK!

At least we still get the EPCOT date. 🙃

Does anyone know when/if it's coming back? Was considering upgrading to deluxe, not so much now if can't get EEH.
There has been no announcement, but I would guess either in November (once the halloween party season is over) or the start of 2024 (once the holiday season parties are over)

I am NOT happy about the cancellation of MK extended evening hours for deluxe guests. I booked and planned this fall for a bunch of friends counting on them because Disney said they would extend through 2023. Changing up a park and the day is not cool in my opinion. The value of my trip just went down, a LOT. We have other things that were pre-paid items booked that means our days aren’t flexible. Now the only way we can switch to enjoying ones at HS is by adding hoppers and that is more money. It’s less than 60 days out! Folks book stuff at 60 days!
I get why you are upset. I'm not quarreling with you about it. But, frankly, WDW has been eroding benefits for so long now, I'm not surprised.

Just so I'm caught up: Did they cancel announced MK evenings, or did they change the park(s) offered when new weeks were announced?

Just so I'm caught up: Did they cancel announced MK evenings, or did they change the park(s) offered when new weeks were announced?
It may just be on hiatus during peak party season where MK has 4 party nights a week. In the interim DHS is the replacement park for Sept/Oct.

We don’t know yet about it’s return.

From what I can see - HS is not consistently scheduled as the alternative EEH…some weeks it’s just Monday’s EPCOT…is that right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter