Anyone else looking at 2+ years???

We were just there July 2013 and are looking at 2016 :) Wish it was sooner but waiting until our son graduates college. Then our daughter who is a huge Disney fan like me won't know till this time next year what month she will have free, she is first year med student. As soon as I find out when we can go I am booking a Room at Yacht Club even though it will be so far in advance I just like the feeling of having my room booked :banana:
And so we wait :rolleyes1

Just checking my Vacation Countdown almost under the 2 year mark :cool1: but still so long till we go Back :sad: It doesn't feel like we were there only a year ago seems more like 3 years! ugh........
:coffee:

We were last there in Feb 2014. Before that it was in Summer 2009 and the trip before that one was 2003. So, we only go every four years or so.

I only got to go in Feb. 2014 because my son's high school marching band performed in a parade in MK and I wasn't about to miss it!

It was a great trip. The first one for me when it wasn't super duper HOT!

All I can say, is a miss it and am wishing for another trip. In between trips, I spend time here on the DIS reading Trip Reports and restaurant reviews. It helps fill the time.

Of Course, I am always dreaming and planning my next trip, like everyone here! PIXIE DUST TO US ALL!! pixiedust:

It will have been 2 years for us November 2nd. But we are headed back September 28. Last time was right before they opened New Fantasyland to the public, and we got to sneak peek all the new attractions and Bog before the gen pop. Can't wait to see it now that the mine train is done.

Looking at going again for the new Avatarland in 2017! This is a request of my youngest DS who is now almost 12 and will be a teen by then. Hopefully it is on track and will open by mid-June because I don't do Florida in summer anymore.

We currently have something else planned for 2015 and 2016 so that will be the soonest we could go anyway.

Seems like AGES away!
But, fingers crossed the Poly will be worth the wait!

We went in June - my daughter is now 8 and we'll probably be back when she's 13. It seems so long to wait, but at least we have Disneyland to keep us sane until the next WDW trip!

After my trip this October, it will be at least 2 years and maybe 3 years before my next trip to WDW. :faint:

After my trip this October, it will be at least 2 years and maybe 3 years before my next trip to WDW. :faint:

This sounds like me. I was there in Feb 2014 after a four almost five year gap between trips. It will probably be 2018 before I go again.
I can dream though right? Who is with me and already planning your next trip.

My next trip will most likely stay at a mod PORFQ
I want to ride 7 Dwarfs train it wasn't open when I was there

What does everyone else want to do?

This sounds like me. I was there in Feb 2014 after a four almost five year gap between trips. It will probably be 2018 before I go again.
I can dream though right? Who is with me and already planning your next trip.

My next trip will most likely stay at a mod PORFQ
I want to ride 7 Dwarfs train it wasn't open when I was there

What does everyone else want to do?

I'm planning my trip for August 2018.

It's only 3 years and 10/11 months away...yay!

I know it will be 10-12 days again. 5-6 park days-if we only do 10 days then just 5 park days. We will go to blizzard beach this time.

I am using one rewards site to get a gift card so we can eat at t-Rex.

I am doing the other rewards sites so we can have money to eat everywhere else!

I am saving my change and my Disney visa points expire 8/2018 so yep we have to go by then.

I am pretty sure we will still eat at chef mickeys and at WCC and maybe the 50s prime time but I don't do the dining plan so I am not sure if I want a sit down meal on a park day.

And we will stay at the poly.

That's all I got so far. It's too soon to start a countdown chain...my house isn't big enough!

Planning on September 2017 - staying at All Star Sports - anxious to ride all the rides that are new since our 2012 trip. Our daughter is getting married in October - we are very happy for her! So after that we will save, save, save, use our Disney Visa Rewards and keep figures crossed for some discount or pin for September 2017. Really hoping the whole family can go - our daughter is the last child at home - will be hard to see her leave the house - would be something to look forward to if everyone could make this next trip.:yay:

Going to be a few years for us as well. I am planning to go sometime in 2017 or 2018 depending on how much I can save. I was just there in January 2014so it hasn't even been a year and I already wish I was going back right now. :goodvibes

We usually go in Sept/Oct and I love that time of year. I hated the weather and crowds when we were there in Jan so I will never go then again. I do like the idea of escaping NH in the winter though so I have kicked around the idea of going partially during my kids April break. Even though it's April it's still pretty cold and sometimes snows so I think that could be a possibility.

Also would really like to see the Christmas decorations so thinking about maybe swinging a trip in November to experience all the Christmas decorations and MVMCP.

I do know my son desperately wants to stay at Old Key West - I have NO idea why he wants to stay here, he has never been to the resort or even seen it. I really, truly think it's because we always seemed to see Old Key West busses pass us while we endlessly waited for ours to come. He is only 6 years old so I am sure it makes sense to him.

My 9 year old daughter wants to stay at AOA. She would like to stay at Lion King but I think anywhere in that resort will be fine with her.

I really want to stay at Beach Club. I would love to just walk into Epcot and not have to worry about busses for Epcot or Magic Kingdom.

So that is all up in the air. Do we want to do split stays, do all 3 resorts, just one, decisions, decisions, decisions. :)

So even though the trip is 3-4 years away I am still enjoying the planning of it all and looking forward to seeing what new attractions/rides will open before we get back.

Anyone want to start a 2017/2018 planning thread?? :)

Going to be a few years for us as well. I am planning to go sometime in 2017 or 2018 depending on how much I can save. I was just there in January 2014so it hasn't even been a year and I already wish I was going back right now. :goodvibes We usually go in Sept/Oct and I love that time of year. I hated the weather and crowds when we were there in Jan so I will never go then again. I do like the idea of escaping NH in the winter though so I have kicked around the idea of going partially during my kids April break. Even though it's April it's still pretty cold and sometimes snows so I think that could be a possibility. Also would really like to see the Christmas decorations so thinking about maybe swinging a trip in November to experience all the Christmas decorations and MVMCP. I do know my son desperately wants to stay at Old Key West - I have NO idea why he wants to stay here, he has never been to the resort or even seen it. I really, truly think it's because we always seemed to see Old Key West busses pass us while we endlessly waited for ours to come. He is only 6 years old so I am sure it makes sense to him. My 9 year old daughter wants to stay at AOA. She would like to stay at Lion King but I think anywhere in that resort will be fine with her. I really want to stay at Beach Club. I would love to just walk into Epcot and not have to worry about busses for Epcot or Magic Kingdom. So that is all up in the air. Do we want to do split stays, do all 3 resorts, just one, decisions, decisions, decisions. :) So even though the trip is 3-4 years away I am still enjoying the planning of it all and looking forward to seeing what new attractions/rides will open before we get back. Anyone want to start a 2017/2018 planning thread?? :)

Count me in the 2017.18 planning thread. Like you I was just there in Feb 2014 and feeling the pull to go back when realistically I won't be able to for awhile.

To help me fill the void, i just started my trip report for my Feb trip. I am having fun reliving the trip and selecting pictures to help tell my story.

So,yes I am with you let' s start a new thread.

I just said to my dh last week:

I got an email from the TA we used about a deal/discount for next August, do you want to go?

He said no.

I know in reality ($$$$) we can't go. I am not ready to fork over $8000+ For Disney again.

I am hoping that the same TA or some kind of discount for April. It would be so amazing...sigh...

We are headed to my sisters in Ft. Myers and we leave on Good Friday but don't return home for 12 days. We are flying in/out of Tampa and I have been looking at staying at the BC for a night or 2 so the kids can swim in the pool plus it's a shorter drive to the airport then Ft. Myers.

We last went in August 2013 but this last April we were on Disney property and I got to see the ball...ahh....

We took the autotrain and stopped for a quick lunch in DtD on the way to ft. Myers. Seriously, quick was an hour tops! Then on our return home, the auto train was late so we went for lunch again but was able to spend 2-3 hours instead in DtD.

3 yrs and 11 months...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter