Anyone else have a tall/skinny teen boy?????

marcyinPA

DIS Veteran
I don't know what I'm going to do! My DS14 is outgrowing the length of his jeans. Right now, he's wearing 29x32. The waist is huge, and his pants fall off him, even with a belt, but that's the smallest waist size I can find in that length. The 32's are getting too short though! I can't find jeans in a 29x34, so I thought I'd have to buy 30x34 and he'd have to deal. I just did a search on-line, and I don't think I'll be able to find 30x34 either!! OH NO!!!

His current jeans are from American Eagle and Aeropostale...I don't mind paying $30 a pair, but I absolutely draw the line at $60+....

Can anyone lead me in the direction of jeans for tall skinny boys???:confused3

Forgot to add: He's picky. The jeans must be dark, not distressed, and not baggy. They have to be "slim/straight" or he won't wear them. Which makes the search even harder. :headache:

My 17 year old is 6'7" with a 36" inseam..... so I feel your pain. Here are a few suggestions... Places where we had luck over the years.

Kohls
Penneys
Lands End
Eddie Bauer
Old Navy

If all else fails, try www.fortwestern.com
They sell stuff that is not "westernish" too and we have always been able to find the "hard to find" sizes there.

Good Luck!!

My 17 year old is 6'7" with a 36" inseam..... so I feel your pain. Here are a few suggestions... Places where we had luck over the years.

Kohls
Penneys
Lands End
Eddie Bauer
Old Navy

If all else fails, try www.fortwestern.com
They sell stuff that is not "westernish" too and we have always been able to find the "hard to find" sizes there.

Good Luck!!

6'7"?? Holy Cow!! DS is 5'7" but he is all legs. I can't get over how long his legs are!!! The 32" length comes right to his ankle. He likes it when the jeans puddle a bit at the bottom...so we really need to move to 34's! Thanks for the ideas...I'll check'em out!

Another string bean mom here. My 16 year old is 6' 2 right now and skinny as a rail. Actually we do well at JC penney on line and lands end. You can pick your own waist and length. Luckily my teen is not picky at all so it makes it pretty easy with Jeans. My problem is sweat pants. I never find them in tall.

Not a tall skinny DS but a tall - used to be skinny DH (He was 6' 145 lbs when we met and wore a 29x34). He used to wear Levis and Lee jeans if that helps. Levis has quite a bit of selection in the HTF sizes on their website.

I too feel your pain. My son is about 5'10 and needs a 28-29 waist and a belt to keep them on. We get his jeans at American Eagle because they are a narrower fit. Old Navy's are even baggier on him. Good luck in your search.

I have similar problems shopping for my brother-in-law (a teenager). On occasion I have had good luck at TJ Maxx/Marshalls finding 29X34/36.

JcPenny's had some "cooler" stuff over the holiday season.

When desperate I head to the Western Store and find the least Western jeans they have.

Final thought, LandsEnd has boys uniform pants. You will have to call to be sure but either a boys 18 or 20 is the same as a 29 inch waist. They have them pretty long, but I believe the unfinished length is 35"; they come in Navy and Khaki and I have bought them for cheap in the past.

I am just hoping the kid puts on some weight soon or he is going to be wearing shorts and man-capri's only, and since he lives in Illinois and Nebraska it will be a little chilly! :rotfl2:

My son is 5"11 and weighs 135 pounds so, yeah, I understand. He will only wear Levis 514 slim straight and they are VERY hard to get in the smaller sizes. He needs a 29x32 but can wear a 30x32 with a belt. I did manage to get some from jcpenny.com and they were $32. Target.com is promising to have them within a few weeks. We've had no luck finding them in actual stores. Actually, many of the boys around here get theirs from the girls jr. department. My son refuses to do that though so we keep looking!

For any of you who need school uniform khakis, Dickies work pants mens' sizes start at 26" waist, though they don't offer the REALLY long inseams (37" and 39" unhemmed) until you hit 28" waist.

Of course, that's still too big for DS; his waist is 24". He still has a little room to wear boys' sizes though; he's only 12, though he needs a 30" inseam.

American Eagle has smaller-waist mens jeans on the website that they don't carry in the stores, but I think that the 32" length doesn't come any smaller than 29"

Checking in! We need a support group for beanpoles moms!

I have a 6'4" 16yr old and a 6'0" 14 year old, both of whom weigh about 140. One's in a 30X36 (but only because we can't find 29X36) The other is a 29X32, but he's quickly needing 29X34.

I've had luck at American Eagle, JC Penney and Kohls but it's really hard to find the 29's, so we usually buy the 30's and stock up on belts :) Once in awhile I've run across smaller waist sizes at Old Navy, but they are baggy.

I've had people tell me to try the Western stores, but we haven't had to go there yet.

I don't have a tall skinny DS, but a tall skinny DD. She is 6'2" and wears a 27x37! :scared1: We don't even have the option of shopping in "regular" stores. We have 1 (yes 1) B&M store that sell jeans long enough. The Buckle. For ALL of her dress pants, we have to order online at alloy and do the try-on and return. I hate having to order 6-8 pairs at a time just to return 4-6 pair. I wish some more stores would actually carry clothes for taller girls, so that she could actually try some things on once and awhile.

I have been saying this for years, that Big and Tall shops, are actually Fat and tall stores. I have a thin 6'3" son, who is all legs. He now wears a 32x34, which is not TOO bad.

He has more trouble with shorts than jeans. Shorts for young men that should hit the knee, are like short shorts on him (or so he feels). So I have to REALLY search for the longest shorts I can find, usually they are at surfer stores. For his workouts he can get basketball shorts, they are long.

I recently had to go to LL Bean for thermals, because they sell tall sized thermals. For years I bought him jackets in a long size, this includes sweatshirt zipped jackets, otherwise after one wash, they are too short. He has some trouble with T shirts, he wants to wear the usual ones that the young guys wear, but they really end up being too short.

So in the past, I have used LL Bean, Lands End, JC Penney, Kohls, etc.

My son is the exact same measurements. We have found jeans for a good price at PACSUN, Plato's Closet (resale-my son picks them out), Tilly's, and occasionally Kohls. I know Kohls carries 30 x34 and Tilly's does as well. Kohls carries the Vans brand, the Tillys housebrand is called RSQ or something, and PACSUNs is something like Bullworth. Pacsun usually has jeans in the clearance rack, same with Tilly's although Tillys are harder to come by.

He likes the super skinny jeans dark in color as well.

I don't have a tall skinny DS, but a tall skinny DD. She is 6'2" and wears a 27x37! :scared1: We don't even have the option of shopping in "regular" stores. We have 1 (yes 1) B&M store that sell jeans long enough. The Buckle. For ALL of her dress pants, we have to order online at alloy and do the try-on and return. I hate having to order 6-8 pairs at a time just to return 4-6 pair. I wish some more stores would actually carry clothes for taller girls, so that she could actually try some things on once and awhile.

:hug: My sister has the same issues. She's 6'7" though so it's a nightmare to find clothes for her. :headache: Who knew I'd be the shorty of my family at just under 6ft! :laughing:

I have been saying this for years, that Big and Tall shops, are actually Fat and tall stores.

Had to comment-dh is 6'4" and not fat..I've been calling the big and tall shops Big and Fat for years. LOL

He is very long bodied so we always have to buy tall shirts. Not many sales on those.

DS is only 5'4" and jeans are getting hard. He's so thin that a 12 regular is baggy and he hates when I pull him when the adjustable waist. Good thing the underwear hanging out is in style. I sure hope he fills out a little as he gets taller.

Good luck to all of you and I bet I'll soon be in your club.

My son is 5"11 and weighs 135 pounds so, yeah, I understand. He will only wear Levis 514 slim straight and they are VERY hard to get in the smaller sizes. He needs a 29x32 but can wear a 30x32 with a belt. I did manage to get some from jcpenny.com and they were $32. Target.com is promising to have them within a few weeks. We've had no luck finding them in actual stores. Actually, many of the boys around here get theirs from the girls jr. department. My son refuses to do that though so we keep looking!

I know how hard it is. My son is 5'10 and only weighs about 120 pounds on a good day. Unfortunately we don't have all the stores up here that you have. We get the 29 x 32 and a good belt. And I can just see my son's face if I suggested the girls jr. department to him so when we find something that fits you buy several pairs.:confused3

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm soo glad I'm not the only Mom with this problem. I am here in our area. Ds is almost 15 and just got to be able to wear aero jeans like everyone else. I was able to get him 2 pair for $40 and then had a $10 off coupon right after christmas, so it wasn't tooo bad. I was getting him the ones at kohls that had adjustable waistbands. Now he just wears a belt and long shirts over it. I'm waiting for him to get in trouble at school for his pants being soo low, but he can't help it. Only weights 95 lbs and eats all the time.

My nephew is really a 28x32. At Aeropostale, I can get him the Driggs jeans in a 29x32 and they work great even without a belt (he hates belts).....they are a slimmer cut thru the backside and thighs.

Also, my DSIL used to get his school pants thru Land End. Their mens jeans start at 30 waist but can be hemmed to any length up to a 36. Their cut tends to be more traditional and not the "cool" teenage cut....but might be OK depending on your DS.

Good Luck--

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter