Anyone else get confused on making ADRs?

princessreilly

DIS Veteran
I made all of my ADRs on the 180 day mark while my family and I were on vacation. Now that MNSSHP tickets and dates are out, I have to change everything around! I am so confused, I don't know where to start! I also noticed Fantasmic is only one night, so I have to change that ADR too! It's hard enough to figure out what I'll be doing and where I will be when I'm in Disney in five months. Anyone not have problems and have any tips to share? I would appreciate it!

I had to change around my ADRs too, the MNSSHP dates really messed me up. I think the best thing you can do, is just figure out what nights Spectro Magic, Fantasmic, and anything else you really need to fit in are, and plan your meals around that.

I had to change about half my dates and times, but I still have all the meals I want scheduled around all the entertainment I want to see.

These tip won't help you now, but can help explain how to avoid moving things around ahead of the seasonal parties being officially announced.

When Disney released the September and October park hours (Sept hours were released in early March, for example) you could make a really good guess what nights MNSSHP was going to be by the nights MK closed at 7pm. Yes it wasn't official, and yes it could change, but it's a really good guess on how to make ADRs around the HP.

These tip won't help you now, but can help explain how to avoid moving things around ahead of the seasonal parties being officially announced.

When Disney released the September and October park hours (Sept hours were released in early March, for example) you could make a really good guess what nights MNSSHP was going to be by the nights MK closed at 7pm. Yes it wasn't official, and yes it could change, but it's a really good guess on how to make ADRs around the HP.
Unfortunatly, that's how I thought it was, and how I made my ADRs, and I still had the same problem. What annoys me more then that though, is Spectro was scheduled the nights I planned to eat at the monorail resorts, and it seemed they changed every Spectro night to the days I'm going to be at Epcot and MGM.

There is no easy way to do it, since Disney now only posts their operating hours anywhere from 3 - 4 months out, and then they may even change those again.

I usually try to plan my ADR's according to Disney's historical operating hours, but that is no guarantee it will be right (but it usually is about 85% of the time). Then I just live with what I make and if the hours change at the parks and I can't redo my ressies, then it just doesn't happen.

I also try to plan most of ADR's for lunch, with the exceptions of things like Chef Mickey's, Ohana's, or the restaurants at the World Showcase, that don't flunctuate with normal park hours.

I am so confused! We are still undecided as to when we will arrive the first day. I'm not sure what to cancel and what to add. Should I make any plans for ressies or parks on MNSSHP day? I also want a resort day for pool time, but have more desired adrs than days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter