Anyone else doing AKV this July? Got a call from DVC.

starbox

"There is more treasure in books than in all the p
We'll be staying at AKV next month :banana: ! I got a call from DVC yesterday to congratulate us on being some of the first guests to experience the new villas but to let us know that there will be lots of construction noise during the day, so we won't be able to return to the room to take a mid-afternoon nap. Sadly, our kids have not napped for years, so I think we'll be fine. :rotfl:

Anyone else braving the constuction and staying in July? We can't wait!

I got the "construction warning" as well on the comnfirmation mail we recieved for AKV's... but our ressie is for the end of Septmeber!

I got the "construction warning" as well on the comnfirmation mail we recieved for AKV's... but our ressie is for the end of Septmeber!

I did too, can't wait till 9/23! Starbox, please post a trip report (with pictures), it would be really appreciated.:goodvibes

I did too, can't wait till 9/23! Starbox, please post a trip report (with pictures), it would be really appreciated.:goodvibes

I plan on photographing everything, timing the busses, :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl:, and I changed our ADRs to include both Jiko and Boma! You can expect a full report! :goodvibes:

We will be staying the second week in August so I'm looking forward to your report!

I don't plan to be in the room during the day so the construction noise shouldn't be a problem. I would like to know if they will have a laundry room on the 5th floor for studio guests. We will be in a 1BR this August, but a studio next March.

Have a great time! We all await the reports of the "first wave" folks :)

We'll be staying at AKV next month :banana: ! I got a call from DVC yesterday to congratulate us on being some of the first guests to experience the new villas but to let us know that there will be lots of construction noise during the day, so we won't be able to return to the room to take a mid-afternoon nap. Sadly, our kids have not napped for years, so I think we'll be fine. :rotfl:

Anyone else braving the constuction and staying in July? We can't wait!

It's been reported that some July AKL & AKV guests are being relocated to other resorts due to construction. Maybe they were feeling you out to move you.? :confused3

I plan on photographing everything, timing the busses, :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl:, and I changed our ADRs to include both Jiko and Boma! You can expect a full report! :goodvibes:

Starbox, you're great:thumbsup2 Looking forward to report and pics! Can't wait till September :hourglass

I can't wait to hear your first-hand report of a Jambo House villa and to see your photos starbox! I'm very anxious to see if the rooms are furnished in a similar way to Kidani Village model rooms. Have a wonderful stay. What a treat to be among the first to stay at AKV!!

Thank You , I'll be looking forward to seeing your report. Have a Great Vacation !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter