Anyone driven across border into US lately?

Walgreens in Buffalo or Orlando? I'm doing a quickie trip that is under 72 hours, but have no confidence that we will be back to no test needed for short trips by May. So I need to plan on needing tests to get back after our trip, but worse, it's a girls' trip where a husband will be dropping us off at the Buffalo Airport because we're both one-care families that can't just leave a car at the airport. So husband will need a quick test in NY to get back into Ontario unless rules change. Any experience with where he can go and how much will a quick test cost?
Or any experience with walking across the Rainbow Bridge and getting a taxi or something to the airport so no husband has to cross the border?

We did the NAAT test in Florida. You can do it at the Walgreens in Buffalo you need to book 7 days out typically to get an appointment. Results typically come back very quickly but can take up to 24 hours. From my experience and from what I've been reading on forums they typically come back within 2 hours. I would definitely consider walking across and gettting a taxi in that situation or what about renting a car to drive there? The Buffalo airport has a testing centre in baggage, $225 for a 30 minute test or $160 for next day at 3 pm. We think of this as a very last resort backup.

We crossed into the USA using our nexus cards , on Dec 23rd and myself and my wife had to provide proof of our vaccines, my children did not. On return, on January 9th we also used our nexus cards and didn’t even see a border guard, they simply spoke to us via a speaker. Didn’t have to show anything (thought had filled everything in ArriveCAN, so perhaps they get that info when our nexus is scanned) but was asked about the date and time of our covid tests (we did NAAT tests at a Walgreens in Florida).

My folks crossed at Sweetgrass, MT (Coutts, AB) on Saturday morning headed for their mini-snowbird vacation. They were at the border 2 minutes, passports, vaccination cards, and on their way. We cross on Jan 21st to go to Great Falls, MT to get on Allegiant, hoping nothing changes between now and then. I have not seen any rumblings and things seem to be about as bad as they are going to get for cases hopefully. Fingers Crossed..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter