Anybody every call resort to see room assingment before arrival?

eyeheartgoofy

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if anyone has done this. If our DVC reservation makes it over the resort desk a week or so before arrival, is the room already assigned at the point? Or do they assign them at check in? Does it vary by resort?

Even if they assigned it ahead of time, they will not tell you over the phone. They won't even tell you your room number at check in if the room isn't ready for occupancy. You still have to wait till it is completely cleaned to ask the front desk, that may not be until 4:00 pm on check in day. Sorry.

Just wondering if anyone has done this. If our DVC reservation makes it over the resort desk a week or so before arrival, is the room already assigned at the point? Or do they assign them at check in? Does it vary by resort?

Nobody knows. Jill is right that you won't know what room you are staying in until they are looking at you eye to eye.

There is differing theories and speculation as to whether rooms are "room ready" or "assigned" when the ressie is made. I think most believe it is a combination and that usually these days it is room ready, but when a resort is near capacity they go to assignments.

Nonetheless, we prefer to arrive early and shoot for room ready. Maybe twice out of a dozen trips a room has not been ready when we arrived late morning. Once at BWV we had to wait until 4:30 pm because their computers were down... they were very apologetic and gave us 4 parkhopper passes good for our stay. In fact, now that I think about it that was our very first stay. :)

When we checked into SSR in december two of our rooms were ready but one was not. The check-in CM gave us a phone number to call. She told us she could not under any circumstances tell us what the room number was. Then she motioned for me to come closer and whispered "it's very close to the others" She obviously knew what room it was but would not reveal it at that time.

Because we always take the first a.m. plane to MCO, we arrive quite early (in time for breakfast in WDW :thumbsup2 ). There have been very few times when we haven't had our choice of rooms, some ready, some not. If the location of the ready room suits us, we'll take it; if not, we go off to have fun and come back sometime after 4. Our trips are never during holidays (unless you count F & W Festival :rolleyes1 ), so maybe that has something to do with it :confused3 .

Because we always take the first a.m. plane to MCO, we arrive quite early (in time for breakfast in WDW :thumbsup2 ). There have been very few times when we haven't had our choice of rooms, some ready, some not. If the location of the ready room suits us, we'll take it; if not, we go off to have fun and come back sometime after 4. Our trips are never during holidays (unless you count F & W Festival :rolleyes1 ), so maybe that has something to do with it :confused3 .

Well, I'm hoping early arrival has something to do with it - we will be arriving fairly early, so I hope we have a shot at being close to the hospitality house at OKW.

When we checked into SSR in december two of our rooms were ready but one was not. The check-in CM gave us a phone number to call. She told us she could not under any circumstances tell us what the room number was. Then she motioned for me to come closer and whispered "it's very close to the others" She obviously knew what room it was but would not reveal it at that time.

That's funny - sounds so sneaky of the CM!

Well, I'm hoping early arrival has something to do with it - we will be arriving fairly early, so I hope we have a shot at being close to the hospitality house at OKW.

arriving early for us wont happed this yr. We not landing till 11:30 pm and then off to OKW. I would love a room in blding 11-14 but will just probably have to take what ever room is open that late a night. If we have to take a room that we don't like we'll go down in the morning and asked to be changed to a close room when one opens up.Will this work? I'm thinking by midnight the close rooms to the H.H will be taken.

Sometimes you just have to trust in the pixiedust:

I remember our first DVC stay at SSR. We had a late check-in (around 9:00pm) and I was disappointed that we didn't get our request of the Springs. I had wanted to be close to the main pool.

We wound up in Congress Park with an absolutely gorgeous Downtown Disney view and an easy walk to the same, which we really enjoyed!

As for the pool.... it was unseasonably cool/rainy that week, so we never swam once!! :)

Good Luck,

Kathy

arriving early for us wont happed this yr. We not landing till 11:30 pm and then off to OKW. I would love a room in blding 11-14 but will just probably have to take what ever room is open that late a night. If we have to take a room that we don't like we'll go down in the morning and asked to be changed to a close room when one opens up.Will this work? I'm thinking by midnight the close rooms to the H.H will be taken.

You can do this. But you will have to pay a cleaning fee to move.

There has never been a time where they at least haven't told me my building number at OKW or SSR. That allows you to park in the general vicinity of your actual room so you can be close enough to unload later on without re-parking. Many times I have had a choice in not only building but also specific room on check-in.

Don't forget, it's "guaranteed after 4:00" which means absolutely nothing to you in real life. 4:00 is an irrelevant time picked to make you have a false sense of hope that your room is going to be ready by 4:00 which is not true by any means. You get your room when they give it to you and not before.

The ONLY time I have had a building close to the HH at OKW I checked in at midnight.. LOL!

I make no requests..... (I used to request non-smoking, but don't have to do that now.) I have never had what I consider a "bad" room.

We have been to OKW the last 3 years and 2 of the years the room was not ready and they told us what room it was and even gave us a slip of paper with the room number on it. We already had the keys and did not even have to check back into the HH. Just kept calling back to housekeeping to find out when the room was ready and when it was went directly to the room.

All I ever ask for is no smoking. And now you don't have to. This past trip to the BW, I had a pref view. I had ordered groceries from DVC. My room was in a perfect location, 3-4 rooms from the elevator, view of courtyard area. I'm starting to wonder if you put no preferences you get a better room. We checked in around 7:30 on a Thursday night. The groceries were already in my room when we walked in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter