Any word or any prep work being done for new DVC cabins?

This first phase of documents being released is all the boilerplate contract language for the Trust, etc. but it also "declares" the first batch of cabins going into the trust. They are labelled in the documents as "Phases 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 1G, 1H, and 23".

If you look at the first graphic in post #77, you see that the dashed lines section off these various phases 1A-1H for Loop 23. For example, Phase 1A is cabins 2301, 2303, 2305, 2307. Phase 1B across the road is 2302, 2304, 2306, 2308. All the other "Phase 1x" fill up Loop 2300. The master map of all 8 cabin loops has dashed lines for multiple Phases 2x-22x. I've squinted at them and wrote them down but they're not all consecutive like Loop 2300.

Loop 2500, for example, has Phases 2A, 2B, 13A, 13B, and 21A. So who knows if they will convert loop-by-loop or all the 21's for example. But each declaration will tell us the next "batch" of phases/cabins/loops being done.

Finally, the Phase 23 mentioned at the start of this post is the pool/laundry building area in the cabin loops. Which probably needs an early start.

Here is the "Cabins Declaration of Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions" PDF document that has been filed with Orange County. Phases affected are listed on page 7 of the PDF (section 3.1), overall CFW map on page 40, Loop 23 Phases 1x closeup on page 45, the floorplans on page 47, and the pool closeup Phase 23 on page 49.

H/T to @kneely58 for posting this PDF on the DVC board thread. :worship:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/ft-wilderness-cabins-becoming-dvc.3916819/page-71

It's in post #1401.

Ed

PS - oh I read in there somewhere that "up to" 35% of CFW can be sold as "Fixed Use Periods". So you could buy the week of Christmas-New Years or Halloween or whatever and go every year at that time.

Attachments

• Cabins Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions [s] - 20230743964-1.pdf
    6.7 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
More and more, this CFW/Trust approach sounds similar to the current method of DVC.

It appears that CFW will have a "Home Resort Priority Period" to book their reservation before other members who have a different home resort (sub-trust) currently at 4 months: much like the current 11 month/7 month approach it appears.

1704407386793.png

Page 88 of the PDF.

More and more, this CFW/Trust approach sounds similar to the current method of DVC.

It appears that CFW will have a "Home Resort Priority Period" to book their reservation before other members who have a different home resort (sub-trust) currently at 4 months: much like the current 11 month/7 month approach it appears.
Wow. I do like the 4 month home resort booking. I hate having to start planning 11 months in advance. Almost sounds like the cabins are an experiment. (booking times, Trust).

Wow. I do like the 4 month home resort booking. I hate having to start planning 11 months in advance. Almost sounds like the cabins are an experiment. (booking times, Trust).

Right now things are a lot of speculation. And guessing how Disney will implement these policies.

No word as of yet as when the window opens for owners (11 months is what the current DVC folks have).

Another idea that was put forth (just an idea) is that the use of a trust might be because FW cabins are/were considered a Moderate resort whereas all the others have basically been Deluxe (Riviera tore down moderate buildings at CBR and built a swanky new complex). There may be future moderate DVC's built at Port Orleans, for example to go in the trust and keep Deluxe properties out. Nobody knows yet.

So you might be able to take your CFW points and book at Port Orleans Bungalows, for example, but you would not have access to book a Boardwalk Studio.

Ed

Here's some info people will be interested in regarding pets.

Here are the basic pet rules.

CFW Basic Pet Language.PNG

Then there are some detailed rules from Exhibit A about pets that follow:

CFW Specific Pet Rules 1.PNG

CFW Specific Pet Rules 2.PNG

CFW Specific Pet Rules 3.PNG
These are around pages 75-78.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Another idea that was put forth (just an idea) is that the use of a trust might be because FW cabins are/were considered a Moderate resort whereas all the others have basically been Deluxe
The other factor I've been reading is since the cabins are not a permanent structure, they may not be able to sell it as a true deeded property. That depends on how the laws are set up in Florida. I know when I was first married and going to college, we bought a mobile home. In Illinois, it was not considered real estate. I had a title, like a car, and didn't have to pay any real estate taxes.

From the postings you linked, this sounds like they may be trying out a trust model, but trying to structure and make it feel like the currect deeded DVC resorts.

It is interesting watching this play out.

j

The other factor I've been reading is since the cabins are not a permanent structure, they may not be able to sell it as a true deeded property. That depends on how the laws are set up in Florida. I know when I was first married and going to college, we bought a mobile home. In Illinois, it was not considered real estate. I had a title, like a car, and didn't have to pay any real estate taxes.

In Alabama, I believe if the mobile home sits on a rented lot, you no pay. If you own the lot as well as the mobile home, then you pay. That's all I know.

Like your "watermark"

My pics and screen shots have been lifted to other websites-imagine my surprise when I came across them. :earseek:I would gladly let anyone have them if they attributed them (as I did for the poster who uploaded the PDF).

I have to admit I kind of snickered at 'dogs not allowed on the furniture'. Not that I think it's an unreasonable rule, just that I doubt very much people who routinely sleep with their dogs <raises hand here> are suddenly going to try to make their dogs sleep on the floor. As if that dog isn't going to sneak up on the bed in the middle of the night anyway.

Our dog isn't allowed on the sofa. But our recliners are fair game.

And once again, this is why RVing is such a joy. "My house (on wheels), my rules".

I have to admit I kind of snickered at 'dogs not allowed on the furniture'. Not that I think it's an unreasonable rule, just that I doubt very much people who routinely sleep with their dogs <raises hand here> are suddenly going to try to make their dogs sleep on the floor. As if that dog isn't going to sneak up on the bed in the middle of the night anyway.

And once again, this is why RVing is such a joy. "My house (on wheels), my rules".

I laughed at that too.

@bama_ed

Would you happen to know the inner width of the staircase posts (newel)?
I'd like to use a pressure mounted pet gate as seen below but I'm not sure which size I need to buy.

Thank you.

1704571747669.png
1704572000897.png

:laughing: That's why this Must Have product was invented!

1704572284043.png

@bama_ed

Would you happen to know the inner width of the staircase posts (newel)?
I'd like to use a pressure mounted pet gate as seen below but I'm not sure which size I need to buy.

Thank you.

View attachment 823486
View attachment 823487

Ha! No but I'll be there (have 1 night in a current cabin) at the end of this month and can measure whatever is there then. You may have to remind me.

Of course, the usual caveat is that the legacy cabin gate width may not be identical to the CFW gate width. But when I'm there at the end of January, I'll take my measuring tape.

Bama Ed

PS - @proudmomof4 appears to be at the Fort now and maybe she can take care of it. You might ask in her thread.

Ha! No but I'll be there (have 1 night in a current cabin) at the end of this month and can measure whatever is there then. You may have to remind me.

Of course, the usual caveat is that the legacy cabin gate width may not be identical to the CFW gate width. But when I'm there at the end of January, I'll take my measuring tape.

Bama Ed

PS - @proudmomof4 appears to be at the Fort now and maybe she can take care of it. You might ask in her thread.
Thank you so much.

We'll be driving down from MI. On the first half of our stay we'll be at the cabins 4/28/24 – 5/04/24. Then move to the Yacht Club 5/04/24 – 5/09/24. This will be our first time taking our pup Sherlock. He's a well trained and spoiled Bernedoodle.

1704652303984.png

Unfortunately his cohort Watson (Airedale terrier), will be staying with his pals at the kennel. Even though he's trained, he's a bit of a barker and very mischievous.

1704652703015.png

I wonder what type of cabin we'll be staying in. We're all so very excited.

I wonder what type of cabin we'll be staying in. We're all so very excited.
They have put me in the 2700 loop both times I’ve taken my dog.

Have so much fun. Riding around on the golf cart with my dog is honestly my favorite thing to do at Disney now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter