any standard views by elevator?

disneydawn6

Waiting for my next Diney Fix
I have reservations for a 2 bedroom standard view at the Boardwalk starting April 21st. My elderly parents are coming with us. They are in their 70's. I know my mom will not be able to walk back and forth down those long hallways often, so have asked to be close to the elevator. Are there standard views by the elevator??? I would hate to have my mom feel trapped in her room and not be able to go down and enjoy the Boardwalk. Also, do you think the Flower and Garden show will be going on then???

I don't know about the Flower & Garden Festival but I can answer your question about the rooms. We stayed in a std. 2 bedroom last November and were only 2 doors from the elevator. Our balconies overlooked the front entrance. We were very happy with the rooms (and view) and hope to have a similar experience again this November. My mother needed knee surgery last year, hence the request, and this year she'll be recovering from the surgery so we made the same request. Your parents should be fine. Have fun. :)

We have also stayed in a 2 bedroom standard view that wasn't far from the elevators. My mom also has a little trouble walking and did just fine. Hope your room request is granted!

make sure you ask for near the elevators not only on your reservations but when you arrive.

my mother also has trouble walking and we have almost always been near the elevators - one exception when we had a BW view- oh but it was worth the walk.

All the standard view rooms (which includes a number of 2BR's) which overlook the front entrance/valet area are close to the elevators. Just request close to the elevators.

I just got off the phone with MS, and asked about the Flower show, I saw on Deb's site that it was suppose to start April 19th. MS could not confirm this, but said it usually starts mid April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter