Any solos done AKL?

MsMoneyPenny

Mouseketeer
I just love the look of AKL and can picture myself relaxing on the balcony watching the animals :flower: I'd be interested to hear if anybody has done a solo trip to AKL and what they thought?

I stayed at AKL solo for a few days after Thanksgiving last year - it was great!!! I had a room on the back savannah, so I would recommend a deluxe savannah view for more variety of animals, but the resort itself was fabulous - ate at Boma one night, drove back and forth to parks with a rental car (LOVE that valet parking!!!) and spent one day just lazing at the resort. It's a great solo spot (as is the Wilderness Lodge, btw).

Thank you so much - I was originally looking at WL or an Epcot resort hotel but after seeing lots of pictures of AKL I really do like the look of it.

I am going to be doing WL for 5 nites in May, also 5 nites at the AKL, I think I may start at the AKL....any advice?

this is solo!

my trip won't be solo to AKL - I am taking my mother - but I intend to look at the animals plus the entire resort.

lots of places to watch (like WL), read, and just explore....

I have heard about the nightly storytelling, animal watch, guides,etc.

there is alot to do at the resort itself!!!

WL - do the tours, people watch in the lobby, very nice pool bar, the swimming pool is very nice, geyser is fun to watch, the animals here are the real show.... they can be very entertaining! (and WDW didn't even hire them)

I stayed solo at AKL once, and like you said, I just LOVED sitting on my balcony, watching the animals. If I have to think of one complaint about AKL, it was the lighting in the rooms. I really like to read in the evening, and the lighting in the room was too dim for that. I had to walk down to the lobby to read.

I stayed at the AKL solo for my birthday in October, and I LOVED the resort. I had a pool view room, but it was still excellent for me. I'm trying to get another solo trip in over the summer, and I'm seriously leaning towards AKL again. It's fantastic!

I've split my solo trips twice with AKL, once with CSR and once with POFQ. I loved all three resorts :sunny: One stay was in a pool view (a free upgrade) and one in a standard room. While a savannah view would have been nice, I did not spend a lot of time in my room and there are many viewing areas around the resort. I enjoyed a culinary tour and the night "goggle" viewing that was offered. I love the pool and hot tub areas. While I love Bomas, I discovered Jiko on my 2nd visit and it is a must every trip now. I found all of the cm's to be very friendly and helpful. The bus service was good too. One favorite memory for me is my last night there in 2004. It was raining out so after an excellent meal at Jiko I went to one of the inside porches with viewing of the savannah and got comfy in a rocking chair. The lightning show I was treated to was stunning, it seemed to go on forever. I hope I get a chance to return to AKL in the future :)
Kathe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter