Any Solo 50+ Disney Fans Out There?

pchpie

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
i'm 55, woman prof from ga, making several trips this year (first time back in 5 years). i am wonderiing who else out there is an older solo traveler to disney.

i'll be at okw 7/3-7/10, pofq 8/5/-8/8, bwv 8/8-8/12, bcv 8/12-8/15, and bcv 12/19-12/24. i've bought an AP and it's the year of disney for me.

thanks.

::MinnieMo :earseek: ::yes:: :wave:

Solo 50+ woman here. I usually only make one totally solo trip a year, then another with DH where I'm solo all day (he golfs, I do the parks). I love doing rides like Dumbo, Triceratops Spin, Goofy's Barnstormer, etc. Biggest problem is that on Cinderella's Carousel, I have to watch that I don't try to get on a horse that's too high-one time I really struggled to climb up there, and was rather embarrassed!

:wave2: Another solo WDW traveler, 50+ professional female, closing in on the end of an AP year (early December).

I'll be there September 1 through September 7 and again late in November/early December (waiting for Southwest's schedule to make reservations). They'll be solo trips, meeting with others (some solo, some not) at various times.

While it's fun to share the WDW experience with others, solo trips are a terrific way to relax, recharge one's batteries and marvel at the thought and work that go into making WDW a wonderful place!

50+, local, AP holder for YEARS, at the parks a couple of times per week (or more when meeting others). My DH lives out west, so I am usually solo. So far my only planned dates "away" are July 18-August 5 and Oct. 30-Nov. 6 (the latter for my 10th Disney cruise).

If you are used to going places solo, you will probably love the time away to do as you please at your own pace. But if you get tired of it and want someone to hang out with at the parks or have some company for dining sometime, E-mail me at info@magicaldisney.com and I'll send you my cell number. I like ALL the rides and attractions and just about any food except raw fish! :teeth:

After discovering these boards last spring, I decided to go solo this year. DD21 and I were there for 4 days in May so I bought an AP. DS25 and DIL live in Tampa and have AP's. My first solo trip is for Nov 10-16. DD and I will probably go Jan 2 - 10 and then I will try to do one other solo trip early May before my AP runs out. I'm 52 and I know that some friends and family consider me crazy for doing this, but I decided it's something I want so who cares. The day we returned in May, I said to DD, I want to be at WDW so I sat down and made my ressies. Can't wait to go solo.

not so 'Newcomer" princess:

I'm also going 1/2-1/6 with DS21, staying at BWV. It means I have to give up going totally solo, but for this once, I don't mind. I never expected my DS to want to go to WDW just with his Mom! I'm really looking forward to this trip, but trying to understand he won't want to be with Mom ALL the time! Do you know yet where you'll be staying?

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
I'm also going 1/2-1/6 with DS21, staying at BWV. It means I have to give up going totally solo, but for this once, I don't mind. I never expected my DS to want to go to WDW just with his Mom! I'm really looking forward to this trip, but trying to understand he won't want to be with Mom ALL the time! Do you know yet where you'll be staying?

I'm planning on booking AKL for the January trip.

princess:

Yes - that is one reason to buy DVC ....

I go solo and with family and friends.

I can't go in Jan or Feb - the beginning of April,July or Oct - but any other times.... (work does not want me to go during annual statement or quarter ends....)

I am taking my niece this July 24-26 quick trip. She will be there - my nephew is playing baseball July 18 - 25 in Kissimmee area not WDW. Georgia Swamp Dragons if you are there.....

I drive so airplane reservations are not necessary - although I use to fly SW - loved it!

57 years old here. I retired 2 years ago and moved to Arkansas where I live with my 83 year old father. I lived in CA and worked in IT prior to retiring.

I am going in Nov. for a week with 2 friends. I have a solo trip planned at Saratoga Springs 12/1-12/15. I have an AP.

I prefer not to go in the summer - too hot and too crowded for me.

I love to indulge myself on my solo trips - eat and buy and do what I want, but I would love to share some meals and fun with others.

i'm hoping to add the week of 12/12-12/19 to my dec trip (maybe a resort with AP discount or maybe find a good deal on a studio dvc for this relatively slow time). if so, hope to meet you there for lunch one day, spiceycat.

oops. dec lunch would be with arminnie. barb

I'd love to have lunch with you pchpie and with anyone else who might be interested in a meal while I am there.

Tricia

I will be there December 3 - 9th, on my 6th solo trip. DH prefers to stay home with our 2 precious cats. I hope to do this annual trip every year for the rest of my life !!

I will turn 51 in a couple of weeks !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter