Any ROFR news?

We are in now too! :p
Just got off the phone with MS and booked our first trip home to OKW on 4/25/05. Now I just have to get one of those countdown timers.
Thanks again everyone here, and good luck to those still waiting.
Another ?: How long before I can expect to get the membership materials from Disney?

Wow I did not even know that there might be a problem with Right of Refusal. We just signed a contract this week but now I'm not so optimistic about the process. Our deal is as follows:

OKW $72 per pt.
436 pts. Oct
144 banked from 2003
436 Oct. 2004
We pay Dec. 2004 MF & closing

Guess we'll just have to play the waiting game as well.

Tom

The wait is worth it. We just got the word last night that we got BWV at the same price. Keep the faith.:smooth:

My membership card came yesterday - in case anyone is waiting for theirs I think I closed on 10/8 (I know I was in the system on 10/12). I also found out that my BWV contract closed! I'll be down there next week but unfortunately I'll be staying with my brother so I'll have to be patient for a while!

Y-ASK - don't panic. I purchased a 420 point OKW contract for $69/point. I think your contract will pass.

By the way, funny thing about the membership card - it says member since 1995. I just assumed they would use the date when I purchased, not the original purchase date for the previous owner. I guess it doesn't matter but it surprised me.

You're right! Gotta keep the faith. I am so looking forward to taking a really nice vacation. And even if we are refused we'll just try it again. We are just too sold on the idea at this point in time to stop now. One question though, will we get another chance at purchasing the same property or will DVC puchase it at the agreed upon price, thus we'll have to go looking again?

Tom

Originally posted by Y-ASK
You're right! Gotta keep the faith. I am so looking forward to taking a really nice vacation. And even if we are refused we'll just try it again. We are just too sold on the idea at this point in time to stop now. One question though, will we get another chance at purchasing the same property or will DVC puchase it at the agreed upon price, thus we'll have to go looking again?

Tom
If DVC exercises their ROFR, they buy that K and you have to find another resale.

Hey guys, looks like the family is finally through the flu.

And it looks like we are finally through the wait.

OK so the story goes, I called to find out what was taking closing so long and they advise me oh yeah you closed on 10/19. (thanks for telling me ) So I started calling memeber services who never seemed to get me in the system. I called day after day after day, you get the picture.

I finally found two great people at Member services and Member accounting Paula Powell and Marjorie (Colander I think) they were great. Apparently my escrow company screwed up and sent the docs to the wrong place. So now they have to get them back and maybe there lost AAARRRGGGHHH.

Today they got them, Marjorie rushed my into the system and wham we are on our way home

OKW studio booked for Jan2-Jan12 and we cannot wait to go. Hey we are members and even have our own member # yahoo (wow those member numbers are long)

Anyway, sorry ive been so absent but rather than read up tonight. Let me just say a quick pixie dust to all waiting for ROFR and to check Beca Dis Carlos Kaw Amybeth did you all clear and get in I sure hope so and Kath we have to plan that princess breakfast

Don Newest DVC Member
150 BCV

Unbelievable story Don!!! (well, all too believable for you, since you lived it). I hope all the long horrible waiting is completely overshadowed by your family's first fabulous trip to WDW as DVC members! Maybe it will be one of those inverse things---the harder it was to get there, the better it will be once you finally make it there. Enjoy that trip to OKW!!! Those huge rooms are supposed to be so very nice.:earsboy:

Yea, Don!!!! It's about time!!!! Congrats,....and welcome home!!!

Yes...we are all in here...we have been in the system for a while (and even added on at OKW since I talked to you...heehee!!!)..and Mom got in the system today....and made a ressie at OKW &VWL for the third week in Jan!!!

Congrats again,

:wave:

Beca

Back into ROFR we go.....

Wow has this thread exploded! Anyway, my first sucessfull OKW purchase was completed right before everyone getting ROFRed.

Haven't been home yet, but now am ROFRing again since 10/28/2004 (Jason at TTS expects a decision by 11/18/2004) for BWV.

-Tony

waiting for a reply by 11/16/04. sent in papers on 10/19/04 for 200 pts at WVL. i'm dyinngggg. this is my first time!:(

I'm coming right to the experts with my resasle questions!! We are looking to buy 150 points at BCV. There is a contract on The Timeshare Store that we have for $79/point, 40 points left from 2004, 150 available 4/1/05 (April Use Year). What do you all think about this? We would pay closing and MF for 2005. We typically go to WDW in Oct - should we wait for a "better" contract - with more 2004 points, for instance? How is April for a use year when you usually go in the fall? Sorry to bombard you all with questions - it's a tough call and I'm confusing myself even more!

Best wishes to all waiting that dreaded ROFR, and yea, Don!!!

We've been in the system for about a week now. I have to call our guide to see if she can get us a temp. membership card for next week's trip, since we are staying at the BWI and not the BWV. I'm still hoping to use the discounts.

Kim

Congrats. Kim I have been following along with your trials and tribulations (hope I spelt that right) and am glad to see that everything worked out ok. We got put into the system last Friday 10/29/04 and based on reading through this entire post it looks like about a two week process to get through ROFR.

As to Micks questions. I am only a newbie at this process as well and there is no way I could say whether $79 bucks a point for BCV is a good deal or not but it got me thinking about the question of worth. If you look at the asking price for many of these properties why would $79 per point at BCV be consider resonable (if that's the case) but the same points at OKW seem a little high? My contract at OKW is for $72 per point. And then why would $68-$70 be fine for HH? Is it a case of supply and demand? Are the accommodations different at each resort?

After reading this thread you don't want to have too good of a deal either and I thought mine was reasonable. Having said that I probably would have still gone through with the deal at $75 a point. Just hope I don't lose out by neogiating too low.

Y-ASK

I'm OK with the $79/point - after all, it's a matter of just $150 over all if it were $78. My more pressing question is about the April uy and the remaining points from 2004. We aren't in any hurry to use the points (We just got back from an amazing 8 day trip renting BCV points) so should we wait for a better contract, or is this kind of standard? I also son't know where else to look other than Jaki's site and The Timeshare Store. There are a lot of details to worry about with this, huh?

As I understand it, you only have to worry about the number of points you have when you check in. If you closed the deal by Jan and want to make reservations for Oct you should be able to as long as you are staying at your home resort and are inside your 11 month window. Even though you don't have the points yet in Jan (cause you get them in April) you should be ok. At least that is how it was explained to me. You would have to wait a couple of months to make reservations if you wanted to stay some place other than your home resort (7 month window).

Y-ASK

After re-reading you question I probably still have not tried to answer it. You are going to have to make a decision on whether to bank up to 100% of your points from 2005 6 months after your UY. With an April UY date you may not have enough time to cancel your trip and bank 100% of your points if necessary. It's kind of a border line call because if my understanding is correct you would have until the end of September to bank 100% of your points if your plans fall through. Maybe a June, July or August UY might leave you with better flexiablity before the 100% banked points date kicks in. Then again I'm new and could be wrong...

Y-ASK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter