Any other Disney fine art collectors?

I love Disney art. Someday I'd love to own an original cel from Sleeping Beauty, but for now, I content myself with affordable nicely done pictures that I found at Prints Plus in my local mall. So far I have A Moment to Remember(Aurora in pink dress with floral crown), Woodland Dance, Both a little scared(Belle and Beast dancing), the Best Buy lithograph that came with Cinderella, and a Disney store lithograph I won off ebay with Aurora and Philip in the forest with the castle in the background.

I have been collecting tons of Disney artwork over the years. My most recent addition is a watercolor of the French Courtyard in Epcot by Larry Dotson.

I also have a couple from Disneyland...one of the Castle at twilight and another of the "Partners" statue with the castle behind it by John Hench.

And I got the Christian Reese Lassen one with the Little Mermaid called "Under The Sea".

My DH bought the poster with the 4 castles from WDW, DL, DLP, and TDL on it.

We also got one of the prints that Ann Irvine did of the "Old Key West" resort years ago...love that one!

But my all time favorite forever and ever is the 20th Anniversary WDW litho by H.R. Russell that we bought in 1991. It is HUUUGE and has a gorgeous image of the castle with all the trees in front of it and a beautiful blue sky and Snow White is greeting two little children in mouse ears. It takes me back to WDW in an instant when I look at it :) :)

It's great to "see" so many other Disney Art fans!

Craigdarroch said:
I have been collecting tons of Disney artwork over the years. My most recent addition is a watercolor of the French Courtyard in Epcot by Larry Dotson.
That sounds beautiful - but I'm guessing it was a one-off? Were any prints of it made? Do you have a picture? :goodvibes

I have just seen some wonderful new releases ~

walt.jpg

506O1036C%20Gondola%20Ride%2024x12_lg.jpg

524-1001%20Disneylands%2050th%2024x36_lg.jpg

I've just placed an order for the bottom two but I'd love to get the Walt Disney one too. They are so beautiful! :wizard:

No...the one by Larry Dotson is actually available as a print. He does several of the other World Showcase areas as well. I also love the "Victoria Gardens" one from the Canada Pavilion.

I guess because I haven't posted enough yet, it won't allow me to add a picture or the link. But if you just go to larry dotson's webpage you can click on his WDW link and then click on the Epcot link to see all of his World Showacase artwork :)

Craigdarroch said:
No...the one by Larry Dotson is actually available as a print. He does several of the other World Showcase areas as well. I also love the "Victoria Gardens" one from the Canada Pavilion.

I guess because I haven't posted enough yet, it won't allow me to add a picture or the link. But if you just go to larry dotson's webpage you can click on his WDW link and then click on the Epcot link to see all of his World Showacase artwork :)
Thanks. I checked out the website and sent him an e-mail. He was so friendly and offered to ship one over to me. His work is beautiful! :goodvibes

I have several posters from Art of Disney and a few lithos from a few years ago that were done of each park at the F&W Festival at EPCOT.

Today I received my first LE of 795 litho framed and matted for the 50th Celebration by Manny Hernandez. I finally decided on the landscape oriented one vs. the other he did. I received 1/795 and was shocked to get the 1st of the edition. I love it and it has so many characters.

I just could not resist these two, so went ahead and ordered. Got a 10% discount which was great!

Evening%20in%20Paris%2024x12_lg.jpg

Mickey%20and%20Minnie%20in%20London%2024x12_lg.jpg

I really want these as well, but need to save up some more!!......

524O1010C%20A%20Dream%20is%20a%20Wish%20Your%20Heart%20Makes%2024x30_lg.jpg

Mad%20Hatter%2024x30_lg.jpg

Alone%20in%20the%20Woods%2016x20_lg.jpg

Oh they're beautiful! My home is full of David Doss prints, but I LOVE the work everyone else has posted as well.

We love the "magic" found in Disney art. We have "Recuing Piglet" by Peter Ellenshaw. Have many signed, limited lithos by Hench, Henchy, Boyer, Marc Davis, and many others. Haven't been able to afford framing them all yet. Love the Story Book series, especially the one with the Blue Fairy - The Gift of Life is Thine. Would consider selling some as I have been stricken with a serious illness, but hate to part with any....Haaaaa! I am sure many of you understand.

This art lifts the spirits and warms the heart. How do you put a price on something like that?

rileyfamily

On our recent trip in October we picked up the new Thomas Kinkade of the castle at Walt Disney World. It is sooo beautiful!!! We were actually at the Magic Kingdom the day he was there, but we did not see him. We bought the painting on our last day there. It makes a beautiful addition to the ones we already have!!! We were originally going to buy one of the Beauty and the Beast ones. But couldn't find the one we liked. Then my DH remembered seeing this new one at City Hall. The painting is great, we got the cavas one with the mahgoney frame!! Can't talk enough about it!!!

Congratulations on your Colemans!
If you ever get to Vegas, there was a Wyland gallery in the Alladin mall area which has some Coleman pieces including some originals (2 yrs ago it was there). It was fun to just see them in person.

I'm a Jim Salvati addict. Really love his Disney work and have most of his pieces. I also have pieces (1 ea) by Mike Kupka, Trevor Carlton, Tim Rogerson and Tricia Buchanan. I have a few drawings that I picked up at Disneyana public day "Walt's Attic" area, have nice memories of that day.

We have two Ellenshaw's, the Winter Pooh scene with Pooh looking up at Owl's house, which is above the fireplace, and Walt's Magic Moment. The real beauty of the Walt's Magic Moment is it is #1 of 150. So it has a special place in the house and is one of the first things you see when you walk in. I also miss those Disneyana conventions. It was fun being with people who had the same love of the products that you did and could understand your obsession.

On our recent trip in October we picked up the new Thomas Kinkade of the castle at Walt Disney World. It is sooo beautiful!!! We were actually at the Magic Kingdom the day he was there, but we did not see him. We bought the painting on our last day there. It makes a beautiful addition to the ones we already have!!! We were originally going to buy one of the Beauty and the Beast ones. But couldn't find the one we liked. Then my DH remembered seeing this new one at City Hall. The painting is great, we got the cavas one with the mahgoney frame!! Can't talk enough about it!!!

How wonderful! I would sooooo love this but unfortunately it's out of my budget. However, I've got the next best thing ~ I've had a print of it shipped over from WDW and it's currently in a local shop being framed. :)

How wonderful! I would sooooo love this but unfortunately it's out of my budget. However, I've got the next best thing ~ I've had a print of it shipped over from WDW and it's currently in a local shop being framed. :)

I meant to buy it in the post card size so that I could have one at work too!! But I was soooo excited about getting the painting...I forgot to buy it. Hopefully I will get one in November when we go back!!!:wizard:

I have Propinquity by David Willardson, but I haven't found the perfect spot for it. I am looking forward to acquiring more art as the budget allows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter