Any news when DVC members can get an annual pass???

Status
Not open for further replies.
The odd thing to me is there’s a clear issue with balance of demand of studios and 1bedroom but they still keep building new properties with same imbalance
Seems that way to me too, the studios (especially if AK value or BW standard) always disappear quickly at 11 month mark for dates we tend to book.
The new system with APs not needing reservations to enter after 2 pm starts in April. Only time it doesn’t work is MK on weekends
There’s been alot of chatter as to whether one could enter one of the other 3 parks after 2 pm, then park hop. don’t think that was WDW intent. I’m sure we will hear soon if it’s possible, however, might just be an issue overloading the MK if so. :confused3

It is a special class of pass that is only offered to dvc members - no one else can get the pass - If you have the pass and you sell you DVC can you renew that pass ? Nope - case closed

Not true. The Sorcerer pass is offered to FL residents as well. It is not a unique DVC pass…Regardless, a renewal is not the same thing as a new pass, no matter how much you want it to be,

Getting the renewal AP has nothing to do with being DVC…you can renew into any pass as long as you have one. Plenty of guests, including DVC resale owners are being allowed to renew their Incredi Pass..

It just seems you are missing the point that renewals are only allowed for a guest who had the product prior to suspension and looking only at the Sorcerer and not the program in general.

And, if I sell my DVC,I can absolutely still renew my AP…just have to pay more for the Incredi pass, but I remain a DVC owner getting a pass

Think of it this way..several owners bought a special $399 AP Platinum voucher years ago and have them in their account to activate for years. Those are no longer sold, but it doesn’t stop those owners from activating And using,

When you buy an AP, including Sorcerer, terms and conditions say you are allowed to renew it every year…and that is all that is happening n

Last edited:
I will add that if DVD was offering new buyers access to an AP during suspension to increase sales, then current owners not being allowed to purchase one could be seen as an issue..and something people mayhave the right to be upset about.

Also to add, this is really no different than some DVC owners being “grandfathered” in 2016, or at lower direct point levels than the current 150.

Last edited:
Not true. The Sorcerer pass is offered to FL residents as well. It is not a unique DVC pass…Regardless, a renewal is not the same thing as a new pass, no matter how much you want it to be,

Getting the renewal AP has nothing to do with being DVC…you can renew into any pass as long as you have one. Plenty of guests, including DVC resale owners are being allowed to renew their Incredi Pass..

It just seems you are missing the point that renewals are only allowed for a guest who had the product prior to suspension and looking only at the Sorcerer and not the program in general.

And, if I sell my DVC,I can absolutely still renew my AP…just have to pay more for the Incredi pass, but I remain a DVC owner getting a pass

Think of it this way..several owners bought a special $399 AP Platinum voucher years ago and have them in their account to activate for years. Those are no longer sold, but it doesn’t stop those owners from activating And using,

When you buy an AP, including Sorcerer, terms and conditions say you are allowed to renew it every year…and that is all that is happening n
You renew a library book - You buy a new pass every year. - You can not renew the pass without a DVC membership you would have to get the full price pass. So it is a DVC discount offered only to some DVC members

I will add that if DVD was offering new buyers access to an AP during suspension to increase sales, then current owners not being allowed to purchase one could be seen as an issue..and something people mayhave the right to be upset about.

Also to add, this is really no different than some DVC owners being “grandfathered” in 2016, or at lower direct point levels than the current 150.
So it it affected you - you would have an issue - LOL

You renew a library book - You buy a new pass every year. - You can not renew the pass without a DVC membership you would have to get the full price pass. So it is a DVC discount offered only to some DVC members

And how is that any different than those who are eligible with only 25 points vs, 150?

But, you are not buying a new pass…renewals kick in from the day your old one stops working, A new pass doesnt start the clock until you go.

Again, those with passes have been “grandfathered” by Disney to renew passes, whether we are DVC or not,

It seems your position is that it’s only getting the Sorcerer renewal that is the problem but that DVC owners being blocked from the Incredipass or being allowed to renew the Incredi Pass is okay.

Still comes back thst you are only entitled to a product when It exists, and the new Sorcerer pass does not exist…

So it it affected you - you would have an issue - LOL

We have plenty of family members wHo can’t get them for right now…but I certainly don’t think that the two of us that have them and are renewing are getting an unfair benefit and they should be given them,

They had a chance to buy them when they were on sale and passed and now paying for tickets instead.

I am sure it’s frustrating for those who can’t get them…but to say that they are applying different rules to DVC owners who are in the same position is just not accurate…

Even someone who didn’t own DVC before AP suspensions had the opportunity to buy the Incredipass and had they done thst, they would be grandfathered into renewal.

All DVC owners with passes when they were suspended get to renew and all DVC owners who did not are shut out.

With that. we can definitely agree to see it differently.

Last edited:
- I don’t understand the logic of the rules
- I don’t agree with the rules
- I don’t like the rules

But them be the rules.

I’m a FL resident who can buy a Pixie, then upgrade to any pass I want.
I choose not to do so.

Jut ask to take a tour and then let the Sales Guide know you would be interested if they offered AP…if enough of us did this The Guides would definitely discuss at next meeting . Or attend the Annual DVC Member Association Meeting in December every year and get huge applause when you voice this Perk .
What makes you think DVC is not trying to get the perk added back but Disney Parks and Experiences is not interested? I actually would prefer a discount on other ticket media than an annual pass.

We have plenty of family members wHo can’t get them for right now…but I certainly don’t think that the two of us that have them and are renewing are getting an unfair benefit and they should be given them,

They had a chance to buy them when they were on sale and passed and now paying for tickets instead.

I am sure it’s frustrating for those who can’t get them…but to say that they are applying different rules to DVC owners who are in the same position is just not accurate…

Even someone who didn’t own DVC before AP suspensions had the opportunity to buy the Incredipass and had they done thst, they would be grandfathered into renewal.

All DVC owners with passes when they were suspended get to renew and all DVC owners who did not are shut out.

With that. we can definitely agree to see it differently.
If they did it like season tickets it would be fair. For example Patriots tickets have a 20 year waiting list - so you have to sign up and wait your turn. If DVC said there are only 10k passes and you can go on a waiting list and you will get one as pass holders choose to drop their pass - that is fair.

To not have a waiting list , and not offer it to new members but continue to offer it each year ( provided this continues) to the current members is not equitable treatment.

What makes you think DVC is not trying to get the perk added back but Disney Parks and Experiences is not interested? I actually would prefer a discount on other ticket media than an annual pass.
We would absolutely love if they offered a dvc discount on a 4-7 day hopper pass. We only go every other year so AP wouldn’t work for us.

One can dream lol

If they did it like season tickets it would be fair. For example Patriots tickets have a 20 year waiting list - so you have to sign up and wait your turn. If DVC said there are only 10k passes and you can go on a waiting list and you will get one as pass holders choose to drop their pass - that is fair.

To not have a waiting list , and not offer it to new members but continue to offer it each year ( provided this continues) to the current members is not equitable treatment.

No sense in keeping this going because they are not offering a new pass to owners.

They are allowing you to pay money to extend the use of a pass you bought before they stopped selling them.

Just like owners who were grandfathered in at 25 points who get perks vs todays member who needs 150.

Things change. It certainly would be nice if DPEP wanted to treat DVC owners differently than cash guests and allow them to get the pass or give us a ticket discount while they are not selling passes. Or let People get in a waitlist so when someone doesn’t renew another person can take their place.

But, unfortunately they don’t consider us any more important than any other guest.

Last edited:
No sense in keeping this going because they are not offering a new pass to owners.

They are allowing you to pay money to extend the use of a pass you bought before they stopped selling them.

Just like owners who were grandfathered in at 25 points who get perks vs todays member who needs 150.

Things change. It certainly would be nice if DPEP wanted to treat DVC owners differently than cash guests and allow them to get the pass or give us a ticket discount while they are not selling passes.

But, unfortunately they don’t see it that way.
THANK YOU.
Everyone needs to just accept that NO ONE can purchase an AP expect FL residents.
Once they do go on sale , it will be a totally different product and ALOT more money.
The board has prove that the public will pay what ever the price is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter