• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Michigan DVCers out there?

veenstra56

Deputy, Watley Posse
I haven't seen a Michigan DVCer thread, so I thought I'd start one.

Michigan has a distinguished list of native sons and daughters, from industry (Henry Ford, William Boeing) to sports (Magic Johnson, Sugar Ray Robinson, Serena Williams), film (Francis Ford Coppola, Jerry Bruckheimer) and, of course, music (Stevie Wonder, Madonna, Diana Ross, to name a few).

Other famous Michiganders include: Charles Lindbergh, W.K. Kellogg, and artist Robert Wyland (I threw him in because he is the man behind the Wyland Gallery at BWV).

Personally, I grew up in Grand Rapids and currently reside in Muskegon.

Grew up in Hastings, live in Dexter now. There was a thread a while back for Michigan DVC members. Fun to see our neighbors!

I've lived in Michigan my whole life: Lake Linden (way up in the UP), Detroit, Livonia, Ann Arbor, Livonia again, and for the past 21 years, Canton!

I'm a Michigan lifer too! I live in Canton also, GDUL. I'm not a DVC member yet, but am waiting for my ROFR to go through (should be any day now) for BCV.

What time of year do you typically like to go? For me, the winter time is great because you get an awesome temperature shift of about 40 - 50 deg. and the crowds are lower.

veenstra56 you have the wrong color hat showing - it should be green and white!!!! :rotfl2:

Fenton michigan here. DD and I joined in 2004. Susan

Born in Flint, raised in Lapeer, spent most of my adult life in apartments in Sterling Heights, Belleville, and Canton. I recently bought my first home there. After four years in Canton, I just didn't want to leave.

We live in Milford! :goodvibes

Poohs Pal, how did you make out with the tornados? We were between them where I live. They were north and south of us.

Several-generation Michigander here...I was born in Owosso, grew up in Onsted, lived for several years in Jackson, and then did a brief stint in Howell before moving out here to Fowlerville. DH grew up in Iowa but moved to Garden City as a teen, then lived in Stockbridge before finding me in Jackson.

I'm a Michigan lifer too! I live in Canton also, GDUL. I'm not a DVC member yet, but am waiting for my ROFR to go through (should be any day now) for BCV.

What time of year do you typically like to go? For me, the winter time is great because you get an awesome temperature shift of about 40 - 50 deg. and the crowds are lower.

veenstra56 you have the wrong color hat showing - it should be green and white!!!! :rotfl2:

We usually visit OKW in the middle of February and again in October for the F&WF. We love going down in February as it breaks winter into two halves.

Nothing wrong with veenstra56's hat ......... both my wife and I went to U of M and my youngest daughter is there now. My eldest daughter did go to MSU though .......... always wondered about that child - LOL!

We're in Frankfort. BWV people, heading to our second home in October for 10 days.
Always rooting for Michigan and the Frankfort Panthers!

DVCer from Ann Arbor here! Support the U of M, though I went to Albion College and U of M - Dearborn. Can't wait to return to "The World" and BCV when it starts getting cool around here in October! :woohoo:

Hi from Kalamazoo. Home of the Western Michigan Broncos! I've been in this area pretty much my whole life, always thinking of places to escape on vacation.

A BWV owner here who can't wait to get down to the World this December.

I couldn't agree with you more on getting down to Florida in winter. Much of the country would consider 60 degrees cold, but when one is used to 25 degrees and 25 mph winds (I live and work very near Lake Michigan) 60 degrees seems downright tropical!

We are BWV people who also love (and have added on at) SSR.

And as far as the hat is concerned... does MSU even play football anymore? :confused3

Been living in Hastings for 50 years, except for the five or six weeks a year we spend at Disney or cruisin!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter