Any Disney movies to get into the mood?

Carter'sMommy

Practically Perfect
We will be going to DL April 8-14, 2006 for our FIRST visit ever and we are SO excited ~~~ it has been a long 39 yrs in the making for me!!

Our DS (turing 5 at the park) has no ideal for what he is in for. We have talked about it -- shown the website and brochures but he is still clueless ~~ the innocence is very charming.

We want to rent some DVD's so we can get in to mood for the trip. He has seen Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Sword and the stone, Monsters Inc., Lilo and Stitch etc... but are there any out there that you guys might reccommend that we see that we can reference in the park??

Thanks!

Heidi
10 days ---- 23 hours --- 14 minutes --- 11 seconds....10..9...8...7...6 :cool1:

Others you might want to include are Alice in Wonderland, Tarzan, Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, pretty much anything from Pixar has either an attraction or characters in the park you can meet, and Muppets stuff would be good, too.

The old Disney cartoons with Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie, Pluto, Chip, Dale, etc. You're sure to run into the first four characters, probably multiple times, in the parks.

I realized after our first trip with the kids to DL that oldest (well, he was only 2.5 at the time) hadn't a clue as to who the originals were. All he had known were the "newer" characters from Playhouse Disney -- the ones he'd seen on Disney channel.

So before next trip, we got them all a bit more introduced to the oldies. "House of Mouse" on Disney Channel helped a bit with that, as did hunting down some old cartoons.

I have an older VHS -- Sing-along-songs: Disneyland Fun. It shows the characters going on various rides at Disneyland. I used it as a prep for WDW, and it contains all the classic songs (It's a Small World, When You Wish Upon a Star, Following the Leader, etc.). It's older, probably early or mid-90s based on the clothing, and they show Roger Rabbit a lot. I'm sure you can find it somewhere. Check out Amazon or the likes.

Here, I found the DVD version on Amazon US:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...5919749-8709535?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130

Don't worry your DS will know all of the characters by the time you leave.

Be sure to get him a Birthday sticker at City Hall when you get there. My DS celebrated his 7th birthday at the Park and he still talks about how cool it was everyone knew it was his birthday and what his name was! :thumbsup2

I do know there is a fairly old sing-a-long at Disneyland. We watch it sometimes but the park has changed so I am not sure they even sell it anymore.

Have a MAGICAL trip!!! We will be there on the 17th to celebrate my DH's birthday and to take our six month old DD for her first visit......first of many!!!

Someone posted it was good to watch Alladin if you are going to see the show at DCA as it will be easier to follow

amw said:
I have an older VHS -- Sing-along-songs: Disneyland Fun. It shows the characters going on various rides at Disneyland. I used it as a prep for WDW, and it contains all the classic songs (It's a Small World, When You Wish Upon a Star, Following the Leader, etc.). It's older, probably early or mid-90s based on the clothing, and they show Roger Rabbit a lot. I'm sure you can find it somewhere.

That's a great one too! I found it.......had to be less than a year ago now.....at our Walmart, and it's the DVD version.

I just found this DVD at Toys R Us, so it's possibly been re-released. I only wish they hadn't "rapped" up "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Da" on Splash Mountain! Other than that, it's been fun, and DS (nearly 2) has watched it about 3 times already.

All the Disney Animated movies work for me, :thumbsup2 the Disney Resort Vaca. Planning is also cool. Have you tried Disneys Seen It Game? This is great and really puts you in the mood. :woohoo: Have Fun You Lucky!!!

Roger Rabbit is a good one if you are taking him on that ride. Dumbo, and Bug's life are the only ones that I did not see mentioned yet. I am sure he will have fun whather he knows the character's or not. Hope you have a good trip!

familyoffiveAZ said:
That's a great one too! I found it.......had to be less than a year ago now.....at our Walmart, and it's the DVD version.

Is it still 30 minutes?

Don't forget "Finding Nemo"! and then be sure to go to Turtle Talk! I would be careful with Roger Rabit, the movie not the ride with that age, you may want to watch it first.

By the way, Costco is carrying tons of Disney DVDs now and the ones I bought a few weeks ago for 7.99 or 9.99 were $19.99 at DL!! They have the movies as well as compilations of cartoons like Donald and Mickey. My kids loved them!

Mary Poppins was one my boys HAD to see after playing hide and seek with Mary on main street!

MsYumiBr said:
Is it still 30 minutes?

Yes. 30 mins,made back in "95". IF you can find it for "rent" they also have "a Day @ Disneyland or Disneyland USA,which has the opening day show,Disneyland after dark, and the 10th anniv. show. :thumbsup2 I'M SORRY .it was made in1990. :cool1:

amw said:
I have an older VHS -- Sing-along-songs: Disneyland Fun. It shows the characters going on various rides at Disneyland. I used it as a prep for WDW, and it contains all the classic songs (It's a Small World, When You Wish Upon a Star, Following the Leader, etc.). It's older, probably early or mid-90s based on the clothing, and they show Roger Rabbit a lot. I'm sure you can find it somewhere. Check out Amazon or the likes.

Here, I found the DVD version on Amazon US:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009X75W4/qid=1143659975/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-5919749-8709535?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130

I agree. My sibs and I always had a blast watching the Disneyland Fun Sing-Along. I believe it's available on DVD now. That always made us want to go to Disneyland right away! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter