Any cheese ball/log recipes?

RNMOM

DIS Veteran
I have never been on this board before and wow! you folks have some good ideas.

I have a neighborhood party to go to Friday and need something to take. I would love a cold cheese ball or log type of recipe if any of you have one. Thanks for the help.

First, welcome to the forum! :teeth: This is the light-hearted bunch over here. ;) This group is always happy to see a new face & welcome them.

This is the recipe I make:

DRIED BEEF CHEESE BALL

3 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese
4 oz dried beef, chopped
1 Tbl horseradish
1 tsp seasoned salt (actually I use something called "No Salt Seasoning" but it's the same - just w/o the salt)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbl Worcestershire sauce

Mix all ingredients together well. Roll into ball. Put in refrigerator until chilled. Serve. For parties, I either roll the ball in some dried parsley that I've chopped or I reserve a bit of the dried beef, chop it finely & roll the ball in that.

- - - - - - - - -
Recipes I've copied from others here over the years:

Chocolate chip cheese ball

8 oz cream cheese, softened
½ c butter (no substitute) softened
¼ tsp vanilla
¾ c confectioner's sugar
2 Tbl brown sugar
¾ c miniature semisweet chocolate chips
¾ c finely Chopped Pecans or tiny shaved chocolate
Graham Crackers

Beat cream cheese, butter & vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add sugars & beat until combined Stir in chocolate chips. Cover & refrigerate for 2 hours. Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap; shape into a ball, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, roll cheeseball into pecans. Serve with graham crackers.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Chocolate Mint Dessert Ball

11 oz Cream cheese, softened
¾ c choc chips, melted
¼ c crème de menthe
½ tsp cinnamon
1½ c coarsely chopped pecans

In a large bowl combine first 4 ingredients. Blend until smooth. Chill at least 2 hrs, roll into ball and roll in chopped nuts. Serve with chocolate wafer cookies.

You can also mix up the liquor and nuts.....try Kalhua and almonds or Baileys.........or instead of nuts, try coconut. Amaretto and nuts work good too!

With lots of people having nut allergies lately, I have been rolling my cheeseballs in chopped parsley for something different.

Everyone Loves a Cheeseball

INGREDIENTS
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
(I used Cracker Barrel Marbled Sharp)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp dry sherry
1 tsp soy sauce
½ tsp dry mustard

In a bowl, combine all ingredients, mix well. Line a bowl with some saran wrap, add cheese mixture. Cover with more saran wrap. Refrigerate overnight.

Super Easy & Very Tasty!
~Paula

Hi - my name is Lisa and I work in the Kraft Kitchens.

Cheeseballs are great for holiday parties - and a fun way to make your recipe stand out in the crowd is to shape it a bit differently than the normal round ball or log.

Here is a snowman-shaped cheese ball recipe that really is fun. And there are a few tips at the end of the recipe for other cute cheese ball ideas.

Lisa

Snowman Cheese Ball

Prep: 15 min.
Total: 1 hour 15 min. (incl. refrigerating)

1 container (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spread
2 cups Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives or green onions
1/4 cup Planters Slivered Almonds, toasted
1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne) or to taste
1/4 cup Kraft 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
Peppercorns
1 baby carrot

MIX cream cheese spread, Cheddar cheese, chives, almonds and red pepper until well blended; cover. Refrigerate 1 hour.

DIVIDE mixture into 3 different-sized balls (1 small, 1 medium and 1 large). Coat with Parmesan cheese. Arrange on serving platter in a line to resemble a snowman lying down. (Largest ball should be at bottom of serving plate for base of snowman. Smallest ball should be at the top for head of snowman.) Decorate with peppercorns for the eyes and mouth. Add carrot for the nose.

SERVE with Nabisco Crackers and cut-up fresh vegetable dippers, such as carrot sticks and celery sticks.

Makes 16 servings, 2 Tbsp. each.

Truffles:
Prepare cheese mixture as directed; shape into 1/2-inch balls. Roll in Kraft 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese, ground Planters Pecans, dry bread crumbs or chopped fresh parsley.

Wreath:
Prepare cheese mixture as directed; drop by spoonfuls around drinking glass on serving plate to form ring. Smooth top with spatula; remove glass. Garnish with finely chopped fresh parsley and red peppers to resemble Christmas wreath.

Yule Log:
Prepare cheese mixture as directed; divide in half. Roll each half into log. Roll in chopped Planters Cashews and sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley to resemble yule logs.

Decorated Christmas Tree:
Prepare cheese mixture as directed; drop by spoonfuls onto small platter in triangular shape. Smooth with spatula to resemble Christmas tree shape. Add a few pretzel sticks for "tree trunk" and chopped red, green and yellow peppers for "ornaments."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter