Any cheaper alternatives for a 2-day PH ticket?

bgula

DIS Veteran
I'm pretty sure there isn't a cheaper option than just getting a ticket from Disney, but I thought I'd ask just in case. I need 2, 2-day PH tickets for DW. Does anyone know of a cheaper option than just purchasing directly from Disney?

You can get 2-day tickets (including park hopper) from third-party sellers. I often go through Undercover Tourist as I find them to be a few dollars cheaper than other sellers.

Another tactic is to look for deals on Disney Gift Cards and then use those to buy credit cards direct from Disney. I sometimes do this from Target as I save 5% on my with my Red Card, but I usually look for bigger discounts than that (you can follow a thread on the Budget Board that shares various gift card deals).

UT is actually more expensive for 1 and 2 day tickets than Disney because of the cancellation insurance they offer.

Correct, the authorized resellers are usually more expensive for 1 or 2 day tickets. If you have time you can keep an eye on UT for a special but otherwise buying from Disney is typically the lowest for those tickets. Discounted gift cards can give a little savings.

Sam's Club has GC doorbuster sales occasionally. Just this past Saturday, they were selling $100 gift cards for $90. They limit how many each member can purchase but if you have friends with memberships you can have them buy for you. That's what I did this weekend. I bought my allotment and had one of my coworkers get theirs for us.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm looking to get these tickets in the next day or so. I'm also in Canada and not a member of Sam's Club, nor using the Target Red Card. I was just curious if there was an option that I had overlooked for a deal on 2-day tickets. I'm guessing not.

If you only go two days you'll be saving a lot on lodging and food!

We went to Disneyland for two days and it was rough paying full freight after years of enjoying Florida resident discounts.

Two day is the absolute worst value ticket from what I can tell. We had originally planned to go one day. Then decided to add a second day, but I ended up buying a special discounted 3 day ticket instead because it was less than the standard 2 day!

Two day is the absolute worst value ticket from what I can tell. We had originally planned to go one day. Then decided to add a second day, but I ended up buying a special discounted 3 day ticket instead because it was less than the standard 2 day!
It really is. We were literally just having this conversation earlier this evening bc partner had an old unused 4 day hopper that we were planning to use up on this upcoming fall trip, and we were hoping to add a couple of days to it to cover when we get off our cruise but the timing didn’t work for the date window. We would have had to get her a 2 day ticket and I was absolutely shocked by the cost of just a base one. 3 day thru UT was the same price!

Then partner shocked me and came out and said she wants to get an AP instead. 🤣 So that took care of that.

3-day PH at UT is definitely not the same as a 2-day thru Disney. 2-day PH from Disney is $412.28 US and 3-day PH from UT is $534.44 US. I had considered adding a 3rd day if the price was close, but it's not.

3-day PH at UT is definitely not the same as a 2-day thru Disney. 2-day PH from Disney is $412.28 US and 3-day PH from UT is $534.44 US. I had considered adding a 3rd day if the price was close, but it's not.
Base ticket is nearly the exact same price under the current promotion UT is running. I don't know when you last looked. I did last night minutes before I posted that.

Yeah, it really depends on which specific tickets you are comparing and what sales are going on, but many times it comes up the same or less.

Base ticket is nearly the exact same price under the current promotion UT is running. I don't know when you last looked. I did last night minutes before I posted that.
Those are today's prices which I just looked up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter