Any annoying things about WDW

That's just weird! Do people actually think if they rush on the plane that it will take off sooner??? The same amount of people have to board, it makes no difference if you get on first or last, you'll still leave at the same time as everyone else! :rofl:

How can you tell when a plane full of Brits has landed?

You can still hear the whining when the engines have stopped...

:rofl: So true!

so just back from my very first trip and saw a few things that bemused me.

the most annoying was when we were waiting on the hotel shuttle bus at epcot in the one day of pouring rain we had been at the front of the que bus pulled up next thing i knew this "man" and i use the term loosley shoved me and my 8 yearold son out of the way to get on the bus before us. and yes they were a less than desirable (my opinion anyway lol) english family..

the other on our last day to see a small and scared child being blackmailed by mum dad and gran to go get his picture taken with daisy when he clearly diddnt want to, our little one stood in a few ques then realised it was the likes of captian hook and diddnt want to meet him, we left no point forcing them

1. People with pushchairs that ram your ankles and run over your feet as your going past (esp in MK)

2. How long it takes you to get served for counter service ...its soooooo slow (and we went in Jan when it was really quiet)

3. People being really noisy in the pools (this is at Pop Century) - screaming in the pools in the middle of the night when they are meant to be closed and your trying to get some :cloud9: for a fun filled theme park next day

]1. People with pushchairs that ram your ankles and run over your feet as your going past (esp in MK)[/B]

2. How long it takes you to get served for counter service ...its soooooo slow (and we went in Jan when it was really quiet)

3. People being really noisy in the pools (this is at Pop Century) - screaming in the pools in the middle of the night when they are meant to be closed and your trying to get some :cloud9: for a fun filled theme park next day

See I know some people do this,but I wouldn't only time I clip peoples ankles is when they seem to think it's fine to whizz past and get in front (usually when leaving the parks at evening).Have you ever tried to push a buggy with a toddler in,with a few ignorant to the fact you have a buggy? frustrating,Can you tell it winds me up :lmao:

I recall one man *quite big* practically falling onto my DD as he was trying to cut through it's like cutting a car up mid flow..:headache:

People who don't decide what food they want to order (at a counter service location) till they are getting served. I have seen this happen on numerous occasions!!

Last month the worst thing was people pushing in, was driving me around the bend..some examples that come to mind..

. Blizzard Beach - a grown man pushing in, in front of kids on one of the slides, until I invited him to the back of the line..

. I watched a family being turned away from the disabled area at MK for a parade. I then watched them systematically sneak back in one by one into there and go to the front. Because I was in there with Daniel - how long do you think they lasted before they were shifted...?

People who don't decide what food they want to order (at a counter service location) till they are getting served. I have seen this happen on numerous occasions!!

In August we went to Mrs. Potts' Cupboard to get an Ice cream. there was a couple with a small girl, took forever, they couldn't decide what to have then girl changed her mind 3 or 4 times, other lines served 4 or 5 people. If she had been mine we would have left with nothing, can't do with messing about in lines.

^^ That also annoys me we always choose our food away from the queing area then one of us will go to order the food while the other waits. Always done this and when ive been with parents they wont let us near the queue area we have been told to pick and then gone with dad to get somewhere to sit while my mum went to get the food.

Another one,when they close the main street off for the parades and mid parade people run under the ropes...I find that ridiculously stupid.All because they want to get to the other side. Or for a better view.

Pushchairs and wheelchairs, both for ramming my legs. I am not talking about suddenly walking in front of them I mean when I am
a looking at something in a store and suddenly there is that bump as someone trys to push by how about an excuse me?
b standing against a fence trying to keep out of the way
c sitting on a chair as someone rolls a blasted stroller over your foot. Not in anyone's way but ram away.
People who think that just because you don't have a child you should give for them as "disney is for children" I paid as well so if I get to the front of the parade I will watch it, ask nicely and I will either sit so someone can see better or let a child go in front try and push me out because you think that someon without a child should move away and no way am I moving.

It really annoys me ALL parks charge adult prices for children.
Should be 15 or so years of age before you pay adult prices for a 'child'.

All attractions at the parks should open when the park opens, Mickey's Toontown Fair doesn't open till 10 - I just don't get it.

The rooms at the deluxe resorts should all be of a high quality (I know I have said this countless times, but for £200 per night I want a nice room).
*reference to our Boardwalk villas stay in 2006 - promise not to mention this again for a month*

my peeve is airport based - why oh why do people let their kids stand so close to the baggage carousel? when you are lifting heavy bags off you often get 2 or three of yours come out close together, you have to swing them round. (especially if you're an ickle person like me) you can bet pound to a penny you'll knock some kid flying and get an evil stare from their parents

my peeve is airport based - why oh why do people let their kids stand so close to the baggage carousel? when you are lifting heavy bags off you often get 2 or three of yours come out close together, you have to swing them round. (especially if you're an ickle person like me) you can bet pound to a penny you'll knock some kid flying and get an evil stare from their parents

I agree completely - very annoying, and they often block the view of the carousel too.
You must be unlucky like me Carol, seems wherever we stand we get this!

Mind you next year it's Premium Economy both ways for us so this time I can watch and wave. ;)

Completely agree,I don't think it's deemed safe either I mean imagine if a child gets caught etc..I think some parents forget accidents can happen no matter where you are.

It really annoys me ALL parks charge adult prices for children.
Should be 15 or so years of age before you pay adult prices for a 'child'.

Oh my goodness, of course! This one annoys me no end. Same in restaurants. The day my son turned 10 we paid adult price in Chef Mickeys. Isn't that crazy?! As if he eats the same as his 45 year old father. Nuts!

I think there should be 3 park admission and restaurant prices:
1) CHILD - 12 and under
2) TEEN - 13-17 incl.
3) ADULT - 18+

Oh my goodness, of course! This one annoys me no end. Same in restaurants. The day my son turned 10 we paid adult price in Chef Mickeys. Isn't that crazy?! As if he eats the same as his 45 year old father. Nuts!

I think there should be 3 park admission and restaurant prices:
1) CHILD - 12 and under
2) TEEN - 13-17 incl.
3) ADULT - 18+

i think full adult price should be 21 in america i dont think you should pay adult until you benefit every thing from being an adult

I could probably write a book on it:rotfl2:
One of worst for me is parades, you sit there for 20-30 mins when busy to get a front row position then a family of 20 from Peru comes from nowhere just as the parade arrives, somehow manage to get right infront of me.
Not often we watch parades now seen tham all so many times, last one was Xmas 06 in MGM. started with one little 3 or 4 year old getting in, then another, then parents arrived, saying "no speak English, get to children" I said "no speak spanish, not a chance" and would not let them in, all thru the parade they were behind me muttering.

This happens so many times!!

A great thread - perfect for a good laugh :rotfl:

One other thing - why do kids run up and down outside the rooms at 7am and then their dad coms out after slamming the door and booms 'hey bud we're going now' :confused3

i think full adult price should be 21 in america i dont think you should pay adult until you benefit every thing from being an adult

Trouble is they have to cater for every child every size, unless they do it on height(then some adults might pay child price) Our DS has been eating full adult meals since about 8 or 9 years old, now just turned 14 he is almost 6'2" I guess there are more larger/taller children than ever these days.
I am probably also in the minority thinking a child should pay same as adult, they get as much enjoyment as an adult if not more, I think the discounted tickets should kick in for older people who tend not to do rides as much but go in to share enjoyment of the children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter