Anxiety - Spring Break trip

We’ve done week before Easter twice.

Rope drop and EMH, noon to ate afternoon pool/nap/rest breaks, then evening back at park or other activity = great time.

Sourcerers of the MK is fun to do if you need a break from lines.

MK is the only place I felt overwhelmed; by 11:30am it felt insanely crowded. We would eat lunch at table service and then maybe ride one more thing and head out (I found that the dark room with the magic rose in BoG to be a lovely place to relax and cool down).
I've done the week before Easter and the week after Easter. I agree with all you said: rope drop, mid day break.

And I also add: make good FP+ selections, learn how to refresh to get additional FP+ after your 3rd FP+ is scanned in, and use touringplans.com to create a touring plan for each of your park days.

My wife and I have booked our first ever Disney trip during spring break time next year. I'm a bit nervous about the crowds because the two other times we have been do WDW is during times that have known to be "lower" crowd times. Our first trip was a few weeks after Easter and our last trip was during the first week of December. During both trips we never had issues with crowds and we never had issues getting pretty much as many same day fastpasses as we wanted. We weren't able to get the most popular fastpasses but there was always a fastpass available for at least one thing we would enjoy riding.

I'm a bit nervous because I feel like I haven't actually experienced Disney World during some of the busiest times and I have no idea what it will be like. A lot of our enjoyment comes from being able to ride as many rides as possible with fastpass. We are really persistent using the app to find fastpasses so I'm hoping the increased crowds won't affect us to much.

On a more optimistic side...I am looking forward to going during a time of year where park hours are longer. We love staying in Magic Kingdom late and we know hours are typically extended during busier times.

We usually go during off-peak times, but we just went during Spring Break this March and had a great time! As other posters have mentioned, make sure that everyone's expectations are set properly for higher crowd levels. We approached it with the mindset - this will not be a "ride all the rides" trip, this will be a "try new things" trip and that really helped. We FP'd or RD'd the essentials and then just went with the flow. We tried the water parks for our first time and loved them!

We did splurge and do the Extra Morning Magic event, where you get to go into the park an hour and 15 minutes before opening and ride SDMT, Winnie the Pooh, and Peter Pan multiple times with no wait, and have a breakfast buffet in Pinnochio. It was pricey but worth it! It also put us in a great position for being one of the first few people on Space Mountain (or whatever ride you gun it for at opening time.) Not sure if it will be offered during your trip, but there are other splurges that can make your trip feel extra special and give you a break from the crowds.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter