Antmaril's husband Mat..

antmaril you have been in my thoughts and prayers for a while but I am saying extra prayers for you for today. My heart goes out to you!

Thanks everyone. My son and I are leaving for the church in a few minutes.
Visitation went well yesterday. Very well attended. A real tribute to my husband.

Now, I have to get through today. I would like to say a few words at the service, but I'm not sure I can do it. We'll see.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Marilyn

I am home. Memorial Service was perfect. Music was absolutely beautiful (my husband was a life long musician and two of his very talented friends sang at the service - just beautiful). My husband's brother, my son and I all spoke at the service. There wasn't a dry eye in the place.

We had a very nice luncheon for 120 people and everything went off without a hitch.

Now I am home - exhausted, but pleased at how well the day went.

Thanks everyone for keeping me in your prayers. Tomorrow I start my new life - a life without my beloved Mat.

We are here whenever you need us. I know how tough it is when everyone goes home and you are left alone in a quiet house.

Don't be afraid to reach out when you have one of "those" moments.

I can remember when my husband died feeling so alone in the middle of the night. I posted to a group that I belonged to and someone answered that they understood. They had walked the path of grief.

It does get softer.

I am so sorry for your loss; always remember all the joy you brought to each other's lives. :hug:

Safetymom... I loved your words.. it does get softer.....beautiful..

Thanks for being one of my fellow mods that always checks in here... you know I appreciate you..

Marilyn.....I am so glad that Mat's services were so beautiful and a great tribute to his life... we are here for you, I know you know that.

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time:hug:

More :hug: 's and prayers today. :hug:

I know that getting back to "normal" is the hardest part. I remember after my dad died thinking that I would never be able to do that. It took a while, but I finally found a new normal. I am praying for you to find yours without too much pain. :hug:

I am truly sorry for your loss. May god give you strength to get started on
this new chapter in your life.This is when it will be the hardest, after everyone goes home and you have to face it everyday. My prayers and thoughts are with you

Hi Marilyn. I was thinking about you and wondering how you are doing? You are in my prayers.

Hi Marilyn. I was thinking about you and wondering how you are doing? You are in my prayers.

Thanks for asking. I'm doing fine. Trying to find my new normal. I retired from my job (after almost 37) years because Mat was ill. Of course, I was in the middle of this ordeal, so I never really felt like I was retired. It's starting to sink in now. I saw an old friend on Tuesday and I have a lunch date today with my fellow retirees. I haven't started my thank you notes yet. I'm taking this week off to recuperate. I know everyone will understand.

I am sad, of course, but I take comfort in knowing Mat is at peace and no longer suffering from that evil disease. I'm going to be ok - it will just take time.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and concern!

Marilyn

Marilyn, I know that void after a loved one passes. My job was taking care of my husband and when he died I had lots of time on my hands.

It sounds like you are trying to stay busy. Good for you.

I'm glad you are doing as okay as can be expected - loss is never easy :hug:

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter