• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another ?

sweetheart2576

Disney Fanatic
As of right now we are booked at RPR with the fan club rate, for about $20 more a night we can get the HRH. I haven't stayed at either of these places and was wondering if i should stay with RPR or switch to HRH? We will be staying for 2 nights? What are the pros and cons of each of these resorts? The pool looks amazing at HRH, but I don't know how long we would spend in it since we will only be there for 2 nights and plan on going to the parks. I know that we can use the pool there if we wanted to. Also the rooms are bigger at HRH? Is there much of a noticeable difference in the size? TYIA

Can't help too much except to say that we LOVED the HRH last July and were blown away by it compared to Disney deluxes. And I'm a huge Disney fan...
I would consider switching if only to have the quicker walk to Universal - especially since you'll only be there for 2 nights. If your focus is IOA, however, RPR might be just as close. I did walk from RPR to the parks after lunch at Tchoup Chop one afternoon (FABU!) and it was definitely longer than the walk from HRH to Univ. but nice...
HRH is more expensive so if you can stay there for only $40 more than RPR, I'd def. do it! But a lot of people seem to LOVE the theming at RPR more so it's just a matter of personal taste...
HRH is awesome and has a slide, RPR does not....
Enjoy!

As previously said all hotels are great but my vote is RPR as the theming is so much more relaxed and the pool area bigger its a little under 10 min walk to IOA although plenty of boats run to get u to citywalk frequently:jester:

I too am an RPR fan.......... the resort is gorgeous........ all three resorts are LUXURY resorts....... don't let the cheaper rates fool you!!!! If you are basing your dec. on the pool........ DON"T, you can use any of the three resorts pools, regardless of where you stay. Price wise, the RPR is the best choice, but for us........ since we love the "island feel", there was no choice. This resort is stunning, as they all are. It is personal preference......... if you like the "hard rock" atmosphere, then that is the place for you, the rpr is laid back, relaxing, romantic, tropical paradise.......... pb, is from what i've heard more "uppity", quiet, older...... hrh, is the hip, loud, rocking party place ..........( we've only stayed at the rpr) so my comments about the other 2 are from other sources!!! You can't go wrong regardless, they are all beautiful!!

HRH feels like a party is always going on. Not quiet here but love it. Kids liked the pool at HRH better than the pool at the BW in Disney.

We returned to HRH this spring vacation (we'd stayed at HRH and RPR once each). My husband and I both agreed that we wanted the HRH, mainly because it's so close to the parks. We also prefer the HRH pool and, even though we knew we could pool hop, we knew that we probably wouldn't have time to go to another hotel's pool, bring all our stuff, etc. We're glad that we made that choice, even though we also like RPR a lot.

You really can't go wrong with either decision--they are both very nice!

T&B

Well after much consideration of all three resorts, i switched my reservation at RPR to PBR. I love the whole italian feel of the resort, the pool is just amazing, plus with 5 people in the room i thought we can use the extra space. Wasnt sure if i wanted to spend the extra money but in the long run I think I will be more happier and more comfortable with this resort. I got an entertainment rate of $224 for Saturday night and $180 for Sunday night. The original price was 199 and 150 but we have the extra 3rd adult, plus we will be getting the rollaway ontop of that for an extra $25 a night(that DH cousin's paying for). Everything is so much more difficult and expensive with 5 people than our usual 4. Well....thanks everyone for the help. Is there anything I need to know about PBR any room requests ? TYIA

Sweetheart,
What are your dates? I have reservations for RPR--
for three different trips this summer (we live in
Sunny Florida). That $150.00 rate at PB sounds great.

August 21-23. I was actually suprised to see that rate. We had RPR for 161. with the fan club. Fan club rate at PBR for those dates are $187 for 2 adults. Unfortunately we have 3 adults and have to pay extra. As stated above she quoted me 150 for sunday and 199 for saturday for 2 adults for PBR with the ENT card . Hope you are able to take advantage of this rate.

That is such a great rate. Too close to the start of DD's school. Oh well. I have RPR in May 6-9 for $119.00 APH
July 3-6 for $164.00 Fan
Aug. 2-5 for $153.00 APH
I'm starting to drive myself crazy looking
at different rates and hotels. I think I'm
done. At least I hope so. Ha-Ha

sweetheart2576:

I would request west wing, closer to the park and dock. I would also suggest requesting with star services that your room be cleaned in the morning (I requested around 10 am), Otherwise you have the potential of having the room cleaned late in the day. I tipped housekeeping well, and they did a fabulous job on my room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter