Another reason to be mad at Disney

PinkGracie

Earning My Ears
My family and I had to go to the mall get some presents for birthdays coming up. We decided to go the Disney store to look. They had big signs saying Store Closing!!:eek: This is like the only Disney Store close to me. First they close down Vmk, now my store!:mad: If their profits are good, why are they are closing down one of their good money makers?

I hate to say it but they are closing many of the disney store. It's part of the restructuring when Disney takes control of all the stores. I haven't had a disney store in my area in about 10 years, lol.

There are threads about which stores are closing on the Budget Board.

Be thankful you had a store LOL, I never did and never will near me.

:lmao: :rotfl:

Sorry about your store though, I heard alot were closing..

The Disney Store was not owned by Disney, but by a Third Party Company. They are buying out the Disney Stores to controll the market. No reason to get mad, really.

Disney owned the stores in the malls until about four years ago.
Then they sold them to the parent company of The Children's Place and allowed to sell selected licensed Disney merchandise.
Now the TCP parent company is in financial trouble and they are selling the Disney mall stores back to Disney.
Disney is keeping about 2/3 of the stores and changing them back to what the Disney stores were like over five years ago. The other 1/3 are closing.
So if you are lucky to live near one of the stores that is remaining open you should visit in a couple of months and see what kind of new merchandise they will have. Disney has already said that the stores will be revamped to appeal to all ages.

Right, so they will sell official Disney merchandise (pins and such) at the remaining ones.

wow, I'm suprised so many stores are closing. Probably 5 or 6 years ago a store closed where I live but then they opened one again just this year except in a different mall.

There is atleast one or two in this area maybe. For sure there is one because I went to the mall last weekend and saw it there..there is an online disney store with items that seem to be in the disney stores in the mall like the costumes of princesses and characters but personally I like going to the stores. I hope they are bringing them back to other areas. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter