Another Magic Band+ Question

I would think about if I could pay with it. Till it does that, there is no point for me.
The benefits of the MagicBand+ is that it is fun and more convenient (and faster) to get into lightning lanes.

I'll tell my kids, say, 'next ride is Pirates of the Caribbean'. And they'll run ahead of me and my wife to get to the lightning line and they're able to use their MagicBands to check in to the line. They get excited when it beeps and the color changes. They did something 'themselves'. They wait just inside the entrance, already checked in, for us. And we all go in quickly.

I don't have to worry about getting my phone out, opening an app, swiping for me, waiting until it registers, my wife, waiting until it registers.... and each of my kids - as they wait around the entrance while this happens. I can concentrate all my attention watching where I'm going and watching my kids on their path to the ride. And the kids are fully concentrated on the theming, and getting into the line - not waiting for me and my phone.

The benefits of the MagicBand+ is that it is fun and more convenient (and faster) to get into lightning lanes.

I'll tell my kids, say, 'next ride is Pirates of the Caribbean'. And they'll run ahead of me and my wife to get to the lightning line and they're able to use their MagicBands to check in to the line. They get excited when it beeps and the color changes. They did something 'themselves'. They wait just inside the entrance, already checked in, for us. And we all go in quickly.

I don't have to worry about getting my phone out, opening an app, swiping for me, waiting until it registers, my wife, waiting until it registers.... and each of my kids - as they wait around the entrance while this happens. I can concentrate all my attention watching where I'm going and watching my kids on their path to the ride. And the kids are fully concentrated on the theming, and getting into the line - not waiting for me and my phone.
Considering I travel with just adults it doesn't have the same charm. While I love the concept and can get easily amused by color lights, I cannot justify the price considering I am not one of those that gets annoyed at having to use my phone. I love my phone so I don't get the dislike.

Now taking out my wallet? That I hate.

As with so many things, it is personal choice and there is no right or wrong way. Simply what works best for ppl. If magicband work for your family, more power to you.

We were not planning on buying magic bands for Disneyland at all. We were at DL in June, and they were having a sale on them, so we caved and bought them. We went to WDW in Aug and used them there. And plan to use them again on our DL trip in Nov. I sure wish they had more features to use at Disneyland. I wish you could use them to charge food and stuff, without staying at a Disneyland resort hotel. And I wish you could scan them for ride photos like at WDW. Hopefully they will add more features as time goes on.

I sure wish they had more features to use at Disneyland. I wish you could use them to charge food and stuff, without staying at a Disneyland resort hotel.
I agree. I wish they could open the hotel doors like at WDW. The kids love being able to do that.

If we didn't already have bands we used at WDW, not sure if we'd get them at DL if we were just adults going.

I used magic bands for our last trip at Disneyland. We used them at WDW too,

They have a greater value at WDW for sure, but i liked having them at Disneyland too. Everyone in our party has a cell phone so everyone is in charge of their own LL either way, but it is nice to have it on the wrist. I do wish I could use it at store and stuff, but honestly we mobile order and mobile check out anyway, so it really doesn't matter too much.

So we will keep using them but I certainly don't think they are a must have. I would use one with my non technology savvy MIL for sure if she was traveling with us.

It also makes getting the brood into the park as we zoom into Disneyland or DCA so much quicker with the bands than some families on their phones. When I'm hunting for what line I'm going to jump into I always scan a few lines and usually there is that one family that is having a hard time getting everyone scanned in. When we run up it's great as each of us to hold up our bands and we zip right in.

My kids also have a fun time with the 100 year icons in the park that light up when you move your bands but I'm not sure if they will stick around. I hope they keep them as we like playing with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter