• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Another Disneyland Day Trip! 6/4/15 COMPLETED

Disney Kidd

Mouseketeer
My younger brother and I decided to hit Disneyland June 4, 2015 to use our APs before they get blocked out until August!

Our Goals: WOC Celebrate, TSMM, Alice in Wonderland, Diamond Mad Tea Party.

We arrived at the park around 12:40 and walked directly to DCA for a WOC FP! But before that, we obviously had to ender the Diamond Days Sweepstakes!

Picture 27.png

We arrived at the FP dispensers around 1:10, and got very lucky!

Picture 23.png

We were pleasantly surprised that there were still FPs available for the 9:00, and in the yellow section! This would allow us to hit DL rides from 10-12 and avoid lines!

We then exited DCA through the Grand Californian and headed to Earl of Sandwich for lunch! We sat down and ate around 1:30.

Picture 24.png

We both thoroughly enjoyed our sandwiches! My brother was surprised that he had never eaten here and is now making this place a must-do on his visits!

We decided to take the monorail into DL since we wanted to grab a FP for SM. While walking to SM we found IJ FPs on the ground. We looked around to see if anyone was looking for them, but didn't see anybody so we grabbed them. They were for 3:20-4:20. Score!

We got our FP for SM around 2:30.

Picture 25.png

We then walked around a bit. DL was packed! We decided to take a few photopass photos!

Picture 26.png

I love these new Diamond Celebration Photo Spots! I learned there was another one near California Screamin' so we decided we would definitely head there later! More are supposed to pop up as well!

I wanted to go visit the Snow White wishing well, and when I got there I noticed red roses on the ground -- someone was getting proposed to!

Picture 30.png

It was about time for our 3:20 IJ FP so we headed there. Unfortunately, it was broken. We could get another FP at 4:30, and debated staying in DL until then. We were just not feeling DL, and decided to try our luck at DCA.

We got into DCA at 3:20 having only ridden one thing all day - The Monorail! We wanted a little snack so we visited Boudin Bakery and Ghiradelli!

Picture 28.png

Picture 29.png

After our little snack, we headed to California Screamin', and got into the single rider line at 3:30.

Once we exited, we of course couldn't resist the Diamond Photo Spot near California Screamin'!

Picture 34.png

I really liked this one! When I took the picture, I had no idea it would look like we were upside down!

Ok, now on to the MOST exciting part of the day! We got to cut the line of TSMM. How?! Read on!

Last edited:
When we went up to the TSMM line there was a CM on the side holding up white cards. She asked, "Is it just the two of you?" I responded, "Yes!" She went on to tell me that if we could answer 3 out of 5 Toy Story questions correctly, we could cut the line! Some of the questions were kinda hard, and we didn't think we were going to get 3 right, but we did! The wait was about 45 minutes, but we literally walked on! I asked how long they have been doing this, and she said it was a new thing they were doing for the 60th anniversary. Look how excited I was!

Picture 31.png

Picture 32.png

I was winning the whole time until the end. Oh well!

We got off the ride at 4:10 so in a span of 40 minutes, we rode California Screamin', took a special Diamond photo, answered some Toy Story trivia, AND rode TSMM! After no luck at DL, we were so happy to have chosen to go to DCA! The broken IJ actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise!

We decided to go back to DL since we could get another FP soon. We headed straight to BTMR and got a FP at 5:00 with a return time of 7:20-8:20. We had about two hours until we could use our FP for SM so our game plan was to try IJ again, then grab some dinner. But first, I really wanted to pet some goats!

Picture 35.png

We got to the entrance of IJ, explained that it was broken during our FP time, and they let us on. We got in line around 5:20, and got to ride the cool green jeep! We got off the ride at 5:45 and decided to have some dinner. My brother's favorite restaurant is Pizza Port. I'm not a huge fan, but I decided to comply. We both got a slice of pizza.

After dinner, we had about 30 minutes until our SM FP. We both agreed that we had not ridden Autopia in awhile, and the line was short, so on we went!

Picture 36.png

Then, it was time for Space! Everybody was laughing at my brother's face in the photo!

Picture 37.png

He said the light was too bright. Haha!

It was now time for our 7:20 BTMR FP! On the way, we got a FP for ST with a return time of 8:50-9:50.

Picture 38.png

I love the updated explosions at the end of the ride!

We got off the ride at 7:30. WOC was in an hour and a half and I REALLY wanted to experience the Diamond Mad Tea Party so we made our way to DCA!

Picture 39.png

The band was really good! I LOVED the videos that played behind them as well. SO COOL! There were lots of fun drinks, but too expensive in my opinion.

We had some time to kill so my brother got an ice cream from the Cozy Cone Motel. It was around 8:15 so we walked over to the WOC viewing area. We didn't really want to sit around for 45 minutes so we decided to ride the Silly Symphony Swings!

Picture 40.png

This is actually my husband's favorite ride which is a bit odd. They are fun nonetheless, especially at night!

Around 8:45 we staked our spot for the WOC. Here was our view:

Picture 41.png

I couldn't believe how amazing our view was! The show was incredible! If I were to rank the new entertainment for Disney's 60th, it would go as follows:

1. Disneyland Forever
2. World of Color Celebrate
3. Paint the Night

Since we were so close up, we did get drenched! Oh well, it was part of the experience. The show ended about 9:30. Our goals at DL inclduded:

1. Star Tours FP (use by 9:50)
2. Finding Nemo
3. Alice in Wonderland
4. Matterhorn
5. Jungle Cruise

Seemed like a lot to accomplish, but we did have 2 1/2 hours. We started walking into DL, and of course it was crazy because the fireworks were going on! We barely made it through the crowds for our ST FP, but luckily got there right at 9:50. Of course, I was not chosen as the Rebel Spy :(. It will happen one day!

At 10:00 we got in line for Finding Nemo. I haven't ridden this in awhile, but find it really cute! At 10:40 we got in line for Alice in Wonderland. I hadn't ridden it since they did the updates. I liked all the new details and videos! We then rode Matterhorn using the single rider line. While waiting, we caught glimpses of the Paint the Night parade. The Matterhorn hurt me a little bit more this time, but I still think the new snowman is cool.

By this time it was 11:30, and we still had one ride to accomplish: Jungle Cruise!

Picture 42.png

We left with very tired feet, but so proud with all that we accomplished! See ya in two months Disney!

Looks like a great day. Cool report! I've been itching to get back to Disneyland ever since I was there in 2012. These reports help a lot.

That's why I read a lot of WDW trip reports. I haven't been there for at least 5 years! Glad you enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter