Annual Passholder Magic Band Slider 2018

Are the cards still yellow Mickey???
Yes, with a bit of red/orange
Annual-Passholder-Ticket-800x507.jpg

I have two sets of 4 sliders, mine and my kid's set. I have 2013-16(&17). I wear one set on my MB (and, no, they don't snag one anything) and one set on my lanyard. I bedazzle myself because I an notoriously bad at remembering to ask for the discount and wearing the sliders has prompted many cast members to remind me.

And yes, I also like to show off a little that I am a regular AP holder. Does anyone but me care? no. But I still like my sliders.

This has been a huge pet peeve of mine. The generic orange slider has been in use since 2016. I get that there is a cost savings to using the same slider year after year but as much as APs cost, you would think they could throw us this one little bone, I have written to guest relations to complain but I guess my complaint has gone unheard. Maybe if enough of us say something, they will bring back sliders with a different color and year on them.

Wow, I guess I must be in the wrong mindset. The sliders have remained in the box the MagicBands were shipped in and the magnets are on a refrigerator in the garage. While I'm happy to be a Passholder (when I have one active, that is), I'm not about to advertise it. As far as getting thrown a bone for having an AP, I'd much rather have them give the dining and merchandise discounts than sliders, magnets and buttons. And if they'd like to throw another bone, extend the AP FP+ window to 45 or 60 days.

Do they give you the sliders when you activate your bands at first use?
The sliders are packaged in the box when they ship the magic band. It will be slid down in the similar way they do the luggage tags, for those who have ever booked a package. It even has a little label on the end cap of the box
Note - they have ran out of these (which would debunk earlier posts that Disney must have ordered them in bulk) and there are times the bands ship without them.

Right, that's my point. The QS locations were part of the anniversary discount. QS is usually not included period (except for very few). Anything added or changed for the Anniversary year are gone. Except I think the merchandise discount stayed at 20%, didn't it? I may be wrong but seems like it was less before
It would have been great if they kept a QS AP discount. There’s an AP discount on most everything at DL.

The constant discount reminder by CM’s as you buy QS items is a very effective and enjoyable “thank you” for being a Passholder.

On the sliders with dates ... don’t. Most don’t renew in January, so the AP year spans multiple calendar years. I bought my AP in July, but didn’t get to order and use my slider until my NYE trip.

Colors changes are OK, renew and get a different color.

I'll just be glad if we get them when we renew this year. We didn't get new ones last year - there was a note that said we would receive them once they were back in stock but that was last March...DH and I still have our old ones from the year before but DD lost hers.

I have them but rarely change them out because I tend to wear the same MB all the time. I ordered a couple of new ones after they changed the styles but otherwise pretty much just stick with two, one in a carabiner and a purple one with the slider. I really don't get my AP for the perks like discounts, I get mine because I go often and it's cheaper than buying tickets every time. Anything extra I get is just extra and is nice but certainly not anything I expect, to me it's a ticket.

I don't see on my MDE where we order our annual pass magic bands. I am sorry can someone show me where. I guess we made a mistake

Have you activated your passes yet? You can't order your MBs until they've been activated for new passes, or renewed.

ya you have to activate the passes first. right now mine just show up as tickets so i can book fast passes for a stay. i have had AP for a couple years, but not last year. I swore you ordered ur magic bands before you activated the passes? am i wrong?

I just see like a 10% discount at a CS place as the bare minimum they should be offering pass holders,straight up no discount seems wrong.I mean I paid $79 at Sea World for the 2017 pass holder dining plan in the middle of Dec 2016 and got a daily meal through Dec 31,2017,that's $79 for up to like 380 meals,entree,dessert and drink each time.They didn't offer it for 2018 but a deal like that will make any other deal seem worthless.

Seaworld is beyond desperate at this point. I wouldn't even think of considering comparing their business decisions to Disney's. I mean at some point they will probably have to start paying people to come.

The discounts have actually improved since we became APHs in 2014. I mean prices have gone up, but as a whole the percentages or availability have too.

I bought my AP ticket. it shows on MDE but I haven't gotten my band or card yet. Do I need to do something?

I've never even put my slider on. I don't think anyone else in my family has either. Honestly, I didn't realize this was a thing people wanted, and never even bothered getting new passholder bands this year. We have plenty from previous years and visits.

What I do like are the car magnets. Between EIGHT passholders in our family, we got ONE magnet addressed to one of our sons. We don't all live at the same address, either. Then, I had the new style magnet on my van and someone stole it within a week, at Walmart. I was gifted another one, from a friend, and have to keep it on our fridge or it will end up gone, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter