Annual Pass-vs-2-Day Ticket

boxer

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
Not as updated with Universal as I am Disney--but am I reading correctly that a 2-Day Park-to-Park Ticket is almost $300? When I pull up the AP, it seems for my dates (early May and early Nov) I can get an AP for $400--which also will give me discounts on Hotels/Merch?

Yeah pricing for single\multi day tickets is not all that different from Disney - the price of a two day hopper at Disney is pretty crazy IMO.

As long as you checked the blackout dates you should be good with the base AP.
Based on early may and early nov sounds like it would work for you.

Also you get an extra three months free right now with an AP - that will end in the next few weeks I think

Not as updated with Universal as I am Disney--but am I reading correctly that a 2-Day Park-to-Park Ticket is almost $300? When I pull up the AP, it seems for my dates (early May and early Nov) I can get an AP for $400--which also will give me discounts on Hotels/Merch?
A seasonal pass will possibly get you hotel discounts (never guaranteed depending on dates/resort) and 10% off some food places at resorts (not parks) but NOT on merchandise.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/uoap-types#seasonal-pass

Thank you!! I ran the math, and with the hotel discount, I would wash out (even) on getting an AP--as compared to just 2-day tickets. No brainer.

Thank you!! I ran the math, and with the hotel discount, I would wash out (even) on getting an AP--as compared to just 2-day tickets. No brainer.
Especially if you are going to go again on the AP. I let my preferred AP expire in May but plan to upgrade my ticket to a seasonal in November when I next visit.

If you are going May & Nov, absolutely get an AP. If you are going one trip, run the numbers but with an AP hotel room generally the AP is cheaper. No brainer with 2 trips planned though.

Are AP hotel discounts ever available in early July? Trying to do the same math... 2 day vs. AP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter