Annual Pass Questions?

tinkermell

<font color=purple>Th boards are going nuts!<br><f
I know this has been asked before, but here goes. For the first time, my family and I are going to take a longer than two day trip to DL. Always in the past we have just gone for 1 day, and only once have we been for 2 days. After going to WDW, and spending a week there, I decided why not stay longer at DL? This is a whole new concept for me, especially my husband. I have now convinced him on how relaxing it will be (or can be.) :rotfl2: Anyways, we are considring AP's for everyone, because it is cheaper than the 3 Day Hopper Pass for Southern Calif. residents as you know. But, some of the days we want to go, are blocked out. How much more is it per day, to go on those dates? Another question is...what are the discounts for onsite hotels and do you get free parking at the hotels with an AP? Generally, what do you like about AP's??? :tinker:

I don't have the numbers right here with me, but depending upon how much you think you'll go to the park if you can afford it I'd get the Deluxe or Premier passes for your family. The Southern California pass is "okay," but the entire summer is pretty much blacked out. If you get the Deluxe pass you'll be able to get in about 85% of the year, but not on holidays and certain weekends. You also get 10% at select food and merchandise locations (Downtown Disneyland included). With the Primier you have no blackout dates, parking included, and you get 15% off at most food and merchandise locations (Downtown Disney included).

As for discounts at the hotels it all depends upon what time of the year you plan on staying there. I know when my partner, Robert, and I stayed at The Disneyland Hotel he only paid $85 a night for a $200+ room. (This was the week of September 20th, 2005.) What was cool though is that we got bumped to a suite because they overbooked. So, we actually got a $600 room for $85. Pretty awesome if you ask me! :banana:

I hope I've helped.

...Joe...

You pay additional $30 to go on a blackout day. The $30 can be applied towards further upgrade.

My recommendation:
If you don't know what your future plans are in terms of what dates you will be revisiting, I recommend you get a SoCal annual pass. If you end up having to go to DL on a blackout date, you can always buy a ticket at the booth for $30 and use the $30 towards upgrading to deluxe AP. DL lets you upgrade at any time, but you can't downgrade.

Otherwise if you jump into buying a deluxe AP and end up not using any blackout dates, you're essentially wasting $85 down the drains.

Unlimited parking is an option you can add-on for additional $45 (or was it $40? Can't remember the exact number off the top of my head). So for SoCal AP it'd be $154 + $45. Parking option gives you unlimited parking at Mickey and Friends or Lion King parking lot. You're not allowed to park at the hotel parking lots. Only hotel guests have access to hotel parking lots.

If you are a hotel guest, do you have to pay for parking in their lot?? :tinker:

I re-read your posting more carefully.

It sounds like you already know you'll be going on blackout dates. So if you already know you'll be visiting on 2+ blackout dates, then you're better off getting deluxe AP.

If you plan on getting TOOOONNNNSSS of merchandise, you can also consider having one family member (whoever does most of the purchasing) get a Premier annual pass. Premier AP holders get 15% off merchandise.

For EZ reference:
SoCal Select AP (175 days) $124
SoCal AP (220 days) $154
Deluxe AP (315 days) $239
Premier AP (365 days) $359

I'm sorry I don't know much about DL hotels (I'm local). I know that only Disneyland hotel guests have access to hotel parking lots. What I don't know is if the hotel charges you extra for parking priviledges. Just ask when making your hotel reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter