Animal Kingdom Lodge

csmommy

DIS Veteran
We are almost ready to go & will be spending our first 3 nights at AKL standard view. I was going to fax a nice simple request for non-smoking & an area.

My question is where!? I can't remember if its the 2nd or 3rd floor that very noisy. Is the correct fax #407-938-4799?

I would appreciate any helpful advise.

TIA:bounce: :Pinkbounc

csmommy,

I actually haven't been down the two "trails" that the standard rooms are on. However, I would think that the higher you are, the better chance you have of it being quieter. The primary source of noise in the standard rooms comes from the busses.

One other consideration...if you request the 3rd floor, you will be on the same level as the lobby. Which means you don't have to go up and down the elevator everytime you enter or leave the hotel.

We will be down there next week, and I am going to do a better job of "looking around" so that I can answer questions like yours a little better.

Have fun! It's a great resort!

You have the correct number -407-938-4799. Now that we are staying there, if I can get a reservation tomorrow, I will want to know everything.

Kathy

Just remember that the lobby (main level) is actually the 3rd floor.

While we were at AKL we noticed that the 3rd floor, (lobby level), always had heavy traffic with kids running up and down the halls, screaming, yelling, bouncing off the walls. Not just kids, adults too. Since the 3rd floor is lobby level, everyone takes the elevators to that floor when leaving the resort early mornings, and coming back late at night. I remember when I was a kid my parents always made us BE QUIET everywhere in a hotel, this doesn't happen anymore, folks let their little loin fruit run loose and leave their sweet little voice volume on high.

I noticed this same problem at BC one year and we had a small child that napped and slept in (or tried to) in the morning. What bothered me was the noise started EARLY in the morning and would continue until VERY late at night. Our room was near the elevator that year but on the side between the lobby and the elevator. The next year I requested we be beyond the elevator and that worked out PERFECTLY!

Since then I have remembered that and try to keep my family quiet in the hallways. Maybe families don't realize the sound carries in the hallways the way it does. I did not realize until I had my negative experience.

So everyone make a note of that. And you never know who's trying to nap in the middle of the day!

So if I understand everyone correctly, I should request NOT to be on the third floor.

Come to think of it, if that is my only request, other then non-smoking, do you think I should even bother?

I mean we weren't planning on going to the parks that day anyway, so if we had to wait some more for the floor we wanted I don't think it would be a big deal.

It's totally up to you....but last time we went, we DID request the 3rd floor. It was because we were constantly pushing our two-year old in the stroller and it was easier to get in and out of the resort without having to use an elevator.

We were on the Zebra trail in the second building from the lobby and never had any problems with the sound that other guests made while they were walking in the hall.

We will be faxing our request tomorrow, and we are planning on, once again, requesting the 3rd floor.

We just spent Friday night at AKL. After being in the parks all week my DH said we could spend a day here relaxing before we came home. Anyway, we had booked a Savannah view. We got a second floor room. We had a big bush blocking the view. There was no way my kids could see over it. My DH went to the front desk to see about a room change. They upgraded us to Deluxe Savannah View. We had a great view on the fifth floor. My advice is to request higher than two (I had actually requested fourth when we made the reservation), but if you get a room that is not to your expectation (noise, view, whatever) don't be afraid to ask for a change. I am really not the type to do things like that, but my DH was not going to pay for a Savannah view when we really had none. The CMs were very nice about it. We think they must get lots of complaints about our first room!

Do they have standard rooms on the second floor? Being that the lobby level is actually 3, I think that those may be the first standard rooms. Level two on the backside on the Zebra Trail faces the pool, on the Kudu trail, a savannah, and facing Arusha on the 2nd floor is all savannah. I think standard views are only 3 and up.

On a side note, I loved my second floor room. We were in 2511 (zebra trail, arusha savannah) and it was incredible. I could see the animals when I was lying in bed. We're staying concierge part of our stay this year, but will be requesting the 2nd floor. To each his own!

Erin :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter