And 2 becomes 1... advice needed!

Ducky4Disney

-->Place Tag HERE!
Well my solo trip that became a duet is back on as a solo trip. I need to go through my itinerary and change my PS's from 2 and 1. I was thinking that while I'm doing that, maybe I should change a few of them. I have PS's at O'hana's, Boma, and a Fantasmic Package at Mama Melrose's.

I'm unsure of O'hana's on a solo trip, especially since I'll be eating there with friends a few weeks later. What should I replace that with? That PS is on check in day where I'll be staying at POFQ. I was planning on attending MK eveing EMH and watching Wishes. Maybe CRT for dinner?

I think I'll Boma by myself. I have that scheduled on day #2. I might change the day though.

I really like Mama Melrose's but do I really want to see Fantasmic? I've seen it before and it was OK, but I'm not sure I want to see it on my solo trip. At least not on day #4, Saturday night. Maybe on Sunday night with MGM eveing EMH? What would I substitute in its place? Maybe Sci-Fi, I've never eaten there.

I have lots of open spots in my menu itinerary, much of which will be filled up by eating in Epcot.

Any ideas about these ideas? Where do you like to dine when you're on a solo mission at WDW?

D4D

Personally, I think if you are changing the P.S. from 2 people to only one person, you don't need to notify them because both times, you would be using just one table. But that's just my opinion.

I have had 5 solo vacations, and I don't like to miss the Sci-Fi at
MGM. I usually make a P.S. for that. It is so perfect for a solo because you are watching the movie screen, mostly.
I will make P.S. for a buffet breakfast, not necessarily with characters.
Other than that ..... I wing it for meals.

Here are my favorites:

MK - Tony's is fun for a solo, especially if you can get an outside table - lots to see!
CRT - Every time I've eaten here solo I've been seated at the window overlooking Fantasyland, and twice I've seen Wishes from inside the restaurant. Neato!!!!
Columbia Harbor House - My favorite counter service -especially for an afternoon snack of apple pie, eaten while waiting for the parade. Last trip I got a man to go get pie for his whole family because they watched me eat it in front of them!!
Cosmic Ray's in TomorrowLand - my second favorite. Always a cool place to sit and love that chicken!

Epcot -Any restaurant!!! I've eaten solo at Coral Reef (lots of fun to watch fishes!), Chefs de France (great window-side table to watch the chair-stacking guy), and Bistro de Paris (yum - excellent creme brulee and yummy waiters, too!) All are fine for solos.

MGM - Sci-Fi is super easy as a solo - everyone's watching the screen. Same for 50s Prime Time - fun to participate with your "family" but also easy to opt out and watch the TV if you want.

Brown Derby - delicious food, great wine list, fine for a solo.

AK - RainForest cafe - always easy to be solo and always glacially air-conditioned - especially welcome in the summer!!!

At the resorts - I've eaten at both Boma and Artist Point. Boma much easier as a solo, but Artist Point may be colored by large extremely obnoxious family reunion group next to me that let preschoolers run through the restaurant on EASTER SUNDAY...

As you can tell, I've always made PS's and enjoyed the nicer restaurants at WDW, because I don't feel I should have to miss them just because I chose to travel by myself. This trip I'm trying Le Celler and Yachtsman's Steakhouse, so I'll let you know how they go!!!

Oh, forgot to say - I too think you shouldn't bother changing from 2 to 1. They won't change the table, you'll be at a 2 top, and if you change you run the risk of cancelling and not getting the time you want. Just let them know at checkin that you are alone.

Have you thought about Teppanyaki in Japan. About 8-12 people sit at the same table so you get to interact with other guests...we always have fun here!

Oh, good idea...I had a great time at Teppanyaki, trying to get any of the people seated next to me to talk to me!!! They weren't sure what the deal was, but I chatted pleasantly and finally they got with the program!!! Plus, yum...

Thanks for all the great ideas! I was waiting and waiting for responses, so I went ahead and made a few. I think I made good choices.

Changed dinner at O'Hana's to dinner at The Plaza Restaurant in MK on Wed. Kept Boma on Thurs. Don't have anything for Friday, but I'll be in Epcot that day so anywhere is good. I'll probably do lunch at the counter service in the Land pavillion and dinner at the Biergarten (mmmm... the Biergarten). I cancelled my Fantasmic package on Sat. and went with a late lunch at Sci-Fi. I was hoping for lunch at Cinderella's on Monday but they were booked. The CM on the phone mentioned that it would be easy to walk up to CRT and get a seat, but I find that doubtful. That's it thus far, but I'll probably wing the rest of it.

Quick question: I like the lunch menu for CRT better than the dinner one, any idea if I can order a lunch item during dinner time? My guess is a resounding "no" but hey, it's Disney World so who knows? Any ideas?

I'm *supposed* to go in June and I was saving some new places like Teppanyaki for that trip. Now it's up in the air. I'll have to decide when I get there.

D4D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter