"An American Haunting" - anyone seen it? SPOILERS

hpygrll

DIS Veteran
What on earth happened??? Spoilers below
So...who was the witch? Was it a witch or was it the girl manifesting something to get her dad to stop? or was is it the mom who seemed not to mind when the "girl - ghost" fed the dad the poison???

I was so confused!!!!

Jenny:)

I haven't seen it, but a couple of momths ago, I posted about a movie I thought was the absolute worst movie ever, and someone replied I must not of seen An American Haunting. :)

Ok I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused:rotfl: we rented it from the redbox machine so it was pretty scratched up, so I have no idea what happend through about half the movie:sad2:

I read the book, and the "ghost" was a manifestation of the girl. At the end of the book, she marries and has a daughter, and when the daughter gets to be "of age", the "ghost" reappears to protect the daughter.

This is the very brief answer.

I read the book, and the "ghost" was a manifestation of the girl. At the end of the book, she marries and has a daughter, and when the daughter gets to be "of age", the "ghost" reappears to protect the daughter.

This is the very brief answer.

Yeah that's pretty much it. The movie was okay at best. I guess I was just expecting more. I always enjoy a good ghost movie but this one didn't really deliver. Plus, I read a non-fiction account of The Bell Witch and it was wayyyy more interesting than what they did with this movie.

I have not seen this version yet - but rumor is that Reese Witherspoon has signed to do her own version of the story....called "Our Family Trouble"..I heard she grew up in the area and is interested in the story...hopefully her's will be better!:)

Now that would be cool. I have read the Bell Witch information on line and it is very interesting....the movie was just beyond confusing to me.

Jenny:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter