AMEX White Glove

PamOKW

<font color=green>The two most important items for
Maybe this has already been mentioned but I missed it. Awhile back some people reported not being given the White Glove Benefits when using American Express and staying at DVC. The member site now includes the AMEX benefits for DVC members as well. There will be some changes to the program for 2002. Here's the info:

Effective now through December 31, 2001; receive a 15% discount on merchandise purchases of $50.00 or more (per single transaction at each individual location) at the following locations ONLY:
Downtown Disney Marketplace - World of Disney, Disney's Days of Christmas, Team Mickey, Pooh Corner, and Disney at Home. Downtown Disney Pleasure Island - Mouse House, DTV.
Effective January 1, 2002 through December 31, 2002, the discount changes to 10% and the minimum purchase changes to $25.00.

I came across this when I followed the links from the VWL e-mail from Member Services and took a look around the member site.

You sure did Pluto. :rolleyes: I figured it was old news.....but maybe someone else was in the same time warp as me. ;)

heh we we in the twilite zone on that one great news for us, we are going to see the mouse in 19 days :bounce: :pinkbounc

I missed it here too but I saw it on the Members Page and printed it up because I was one of those who got hasseled trying to get the Amex discount.

I saw it on the Members' website, too, but didn't read it closely enough to really figure out what it meant. Thanks, Pam, for snoozing because this thread of yours brought the topic back into my conscious and now it makes sense (I think I initially ignored what I read because I was thinking of the Amex White Glove package that I'm used to -- the one for paying reservation$).
Janet

Hi,

We were at Disney 9/19-22 and had probs at House of Disney. Here's the letter I wrote:

Mr. Barry Arnold
Vice President, Customer Relations
American Express Co.
777 American Express Way
Plantation, FL 33337

Dear Mr. Arnold:

I was happy to receive my Amex card prior to our recent trip to Disney World. Imagine my surprise when the card was NOT accepted for the 15% White Glove Discount (one of the reasons for getting the card), because the card wasn't used to pay for a room stay. Well, I couldn't.

We are Disney Vacation Club members and secured our room with points. From what they told me at the store, several other DVC members were denied the 15% off as well. (Attached please find the rules which appear on the Disney Vacation Club website).

First of all, there is absolutely no mention of a room stay requirement on the site exclusively for the DVC owners. Second, it was only at the House of Disney that I was given the enclosed brochure telling of the required payment of the hotel stay. This rule was never mentioned when I signed up for the Amex card. Don't you think that since the rules were poorly outlined to the DVC members, we deserve the additional 5% off?

I can tell you I lost my incentive to spend more at the other stores (as you can see, I spent over $100 at the House of Disney), when I was refused the 15%. In these difficult economic times, it behooves credit card companies to make discount plans available to everyone, particularly elite customers. It is time to offer bigger incentives to stimulate spending.

Aren't you missing the boat here? DVC owners have a significantly higher income than most. They are committed to their DVC financial investment, and usually spend a great deal of money on Disney restaurants and retail stores. Amex is denying a big 5% to this elite group?

Really, I had no need for yet another, credit card. Please rethink your policies. You will not only lose future customers, but you current ones as well.

I THINK WE SHOULD START A WRITTEN CAMPAIGN! I was really mad when they refused my 15%. The manager told me they are denying ALL DVC members...

d

Wow. I am very, very sorry to hear that DVC members were denied the Amex White Glove treatment.

I like your letter writing campaign idea. Please post back here the response that you get from Amex. Don't forget to send a letter to Disney, too.

Yes, what a great idea to write to Disney! Maybe directly to the DVC President. I have his address somewhere!

I can't tell you how mad I was!!! What do you mean not giving DVC members the 15%?!!?!?!?!?

d

Hello again!
Pam and Pluto, I was one of the many who did not get the discount because we are DVC members and used points. I wrote AmEX and Disney and went so far as to cancell my card. I did get a nice letter from AmEx about a month ago saying that the discount has now been extended to DVC members and thanking me for bringing it to their attention. They asked me to reinstate my card so I could get the discount, so I did. I am glad to see that it has now been put into writing so the CM's at DD do not question it. We have in the past purchased alot from DD and stopped because of this issue. I can see now that the letter writing campain and phone calls from the DVC members did make a difference. I could never understand why we were excluded, DVC members buy alot at WDW and go their more often than most people, thats why they bought into DVC.

Thanks Dennis.

I've always gotten the discount in the past but it sounds like they went through a period of trying to elminate DVC guests. I'm glad they are back on track but they also need to let all the CMs know.

Glad to see someone responded! I can't tell you how mad I was not to get the 15%. Spoiled the shopping spree!

Maybe they're reimburse me the lousy 5%!!! (I spent over $100!!)

D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter