"America's Song" brings tears....

Buckeye Gal

Beach Girl Deep in the Land
Not sure about you, but as an American, every time I hear Lee Greenwood sing "God Bless the U.S.A", by the end, I am brought to tears.

Written and composed by Will.i.am and David Foster, I first heard "America's Song" on Oprah on January 16. It made me teary-eyed and proud to be an American. Today I saw the video, and it required me to reach for a tissue. I'm certain it's going to move me just as "God Bless the U.S.A" does everytime I hear it.

Regardless of what wing you sit on or if you don't sit on it at all, Americans are one. I think it's an amazing patriotic song. I hope you can appreciate it, too!
36_15_55.gif

Tell us what you think about the song or other patriotic songs that really move you.

God Bless the USA gives me chills.

America's Song is good. God Bless the USA is my favorite. One of the best songs out there.

"God Bless the USA" has always been one of my favorites. After 9/11 it meant even more to me.

I thought it was an odd compilation and that distracted me from being moved. It also seemed more political than patriotic to me because of the "spirit of Obama" stuff. Appropriate for the occasion, but not something I see having a long life beyond the Obama administration.

I'm not into country, but do find "God Bless the USA" moving at times.

My favorites are traditional patriotic songs. They tear me up every time.

Does anyone have a link to the lyrics for the Wil.i.am song?

One song that gets me every time (in addition to the Lee Greenwood song) is "Golden Dream" at EPCOT.

I thought it was an odd compilation and that distracted me from being moved. It also seemed more political than patriotic to me because of the "spirit of Obama" stuff. Appropriate for the occasion, but not something I see having a long life beyond the Obama administration.

I'm not into country, but do find "God Bless the USA" moving at times.

My favorites are traditional patriotic songs. They tear me up every time.

::yes::

Does anyone have a link to the lyrics for the Wil.i.am song?

One song that gets me every time (in addition to the Lee Greenwood song) is "Golden Dream" at EPCOT.

YOU?? I can't even imagine it.:sad:

Nope can't imagine it:)

....It also seemed more political than patriotic to me because of the "spirit of Obama" stuff. Appropriate for the occasion, but not something I see having a long life beyond the Obama administration....

From the video perspective, I completely agree with you. I noticed at the end of the video it had HARPO Productions on it, so that's not shocking being Oprah is a big supporter of President Obama.

Did you feel the lyrics are going to be be dated as well?

Does anyone have a link to the lyrics for the Wil.i.am song?....

I found this on the web, but most sites said they would be posted later. I didn't validate it's all here.

AMERICA'S SONG

Version: Studio (4:44) First Appears On: Oprah Website, 2009
Written By: will.i.am and David Foster Performed By: Various Artists + Bono

From Delaware to Tennessee to Hawaii
From mountaintops we have dreamed from sea to shining sea
And now here we are

We have come, we have prevailed
For whosoever dreamed this is your win
And here we are... here we are

At the dawn, and the morning
Of a brand new day
For us, in the spirit of our fathers

America, America
America is beautiful (beautiful, yes it is)
My America, Your America
Our America is beautiful

And may God, may God keep us together
'Cause America is beautiful (beautiful yeah)

Let liberty and justice ring for all
Let your dreams stand tall
May opportunities fall upon you
In the land of the free

And here, here we are... here we are

At the start of a horizon Of a brand new day For us, in the spirit of our fathers

America, America
America is beautiful (yes it is, so beautiful)
My America, Your America
Our America is beautiful

May Jesus, and may God
May God keep us together
May God keep us together
America is beautiful... to me

America, America
America is beautiful (so beautiful) to me...

From the video perspective, I completely agree with you. I noticed at the end of the video it had HARPO Productions on it, so that's not shocking being Oprah is a big supporter of President Obama.

Did you feel the lyrics are going to be be dated as well?

I found this on the web, but most sites said they would be posted later. I didn't validate it's all here.

AMERICA'S SONG

Version: Studio (4:44) First Appears On: Oprah Website, 2009
Written By: will.i.am and David Foster Performed By: Various Artists + Bono

From Delaware to Tennessee to Hawaii
From mountaintops we have dreamed from sea to shining sea
And now here we are

And here we are... here we are

At the dawn, and the morning
Of a brand new day
For us, in the spirit of our fathers

America, America
America is beautiful (beautiful, yes it is)
My America, Your America
Our America is beautiful

And may God, may God keep us together
'Cause America is beautiful (beautiful yeah)

Let liberty and justice ring for all
Let your dreams stand tall
May opportunities fall upon you
In the land of the free

And here, here we are... here we are

At the start of a horizon Of a brand new day For us, in the spirit of our fathers
America, America
America is beautiful (yes it is, so beautiful)
My America, Your America
Our America is beautiful

May Jesus, and may God
May God keep us together
May God keep us together
America is beautiful... to me

America, America
America is beautiful (so beautiful) to me...

Oh - I misheard the lyrics! Even following along with the lyrics though I could see how I heard wrong when Mary J Blige was singing. The pictures didn't help!

I thought "America's Song" was more political also and didn't care for it much.

If you REALLY want to cry your eyes out when listening to "God Bless the USA", go to a Marine boot camp graduation. They play it during the ceremony when the drill instructors are going along the line congratulating all the newly minted Marines. It is very moving to see the guys and gals standing ramrod straight in line, many of them with tears in their own eyes. Gave me chills.

Lee Greenwood's song is what DH's ship played on it's speaker system as she pulled away from the pier for their westpac deployment...I was holding it together until that song. I swear, they were trying to completely rip my heart out! (more than it already was!!!)

A friend of mine told me a lot Navy ships do that...it's totally mean! (but I do love the song!)

If you REALLY want to cry your eyes out when listening to "God Bless the USA", go to a Marine boot camp graduation. They play it during the ceremony when the drill instructors are going along the line congratulating all the newly minted Marines. It is very moving to see the guys and gals standing ramrod straight in line, many of them with tears in their own eyes. Gave me chills.

Oh I can imagine! (well really, it's one of those things where you'd have to be there but it sounds very moving!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter