Amenities available after check out

TheBigErn

DIS Veteran
We will check out of SSR but want to hit a park before going to the airport to fly home. What amenities are available after checking out that would allow us to change and possibly shower? Can this be done at the pool? Can a late check out be arranged and if so, how late?

I'm not as familiar with poolside showers or changing options. But many of the DVC resorts do offer that (I'm familiar with very nice options at OKW, AKL, and BC, so I expect SSR has them, too). You should have access to SSR the entire day of your check-out and should be able to store bags (if needed)
, enter/park, and shower/change by the pool. Late check-outs for DVC rooms are very few and far between, and those that get them might get noon or perhaps 1PM at the latest. Doesn't sound like that would help you. Sometimes folks in your situation rent an extra night on the room to give them later access, but not sure that's an option for you.

DVC resorts are usually full and cleaning for a new guest takes longer than just cleaning a room for a new guest. So late checkouts are seldom if ever allowed. Plan on being out by 11AM and using the shower by the pool. You can check your bags with Bell Services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter