Amazing Race 30...

I DVR'd the episode but watched it on and off too. I'm going to go back and rewatch it but I don't think that Jessica did anything wrong or sneaky. She sat the gnome down and then didn't tell the other person that she left it. Under these circumstances, I probably wouldn't have said anything either. Heck, I don't even know that Jessica had time to tell the other racer that she left the gnome. She was too busy running with the locals who were going to show her the way. What was Jessica supposed to do....yell and scream and run after her? That could have cost Jessica and Cody their own game.

I like the show so far, but then it is my favorite reality show. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I didn't mind the frites thing, but felt Phil's commentary annoying.

I'm not a fan of the taller race car driver, I think he's a little too mean to the guy who is sleeping on his couch.

I like the basketball players, I felt so bad that he was in first place for the ziplining challenge and then was in last. I hate to see someone mess up that badly, unless it's some contestant I can't stand and then I'm happy. ;);)

I really need to learn the names. :rotfl::rotfl:

I don't see how anyone could fault Jessica. I would have done the same in her shoes. The other girl made a careless mistake and forgot the gnome. That was on her. I wouldn't have chased her down either and possibly messed up my own game.

I also wonder how Cedric was cleared for this race if he has had 3 heart attacks! He was worrying me a little just watching him!

I don't see how anyone could fault Jessica. I would have done the same in her shoes. The other girl made a careless mistake and forgot the gnome. That was on her. I wouldn't have chased her down either and possibly messed up my own game.

I also wonder how Cedric was cleared for this race if he has had 3 heart attacks! He was worrying me a little just watching him!
Brittany just made a comment that Jessica took the gnome out of her arm and she felt, she should have just left her alone and let her hold her gnome. She was so excited, that she didn't even realize Jessica took it and set it down for her.

To me I'd wanna play the most honest game I could I think messing with anyone stuff isn't playing honestly. Just like in Survivor when they hide the food or there shoes or go t hrough there personal belongings I feel the same

To me I'd wanna play the most honest game I could I think messing with anyone stuff isn't playing honestly. Just like in Survivor when they hide the food or there shoes or go t hrough there personal belongings I feel the same

I didn't take it as Jessica messing with her stuff, she was trying to help Brittany not drop it. She set it right down next to her. Brittany could have said hey don't touch my gnome, I got it, but she didn't. She seemed thankful Jessica took it so she could make the call easier. Jessica had no way of knowing Brittany would take off and not take her gnome with her.

I didn't take it as Jessica messing with her stuff, she was trying to help Brittany not drop it. She set it right down next to her. Brittany could have said hey don't touch my gnome, I got it, but she didn't. She seemed thankful Jessica took it so she could make the call easier. Jessica had no way of knowing Brittany would take off and not take her gnome with her.

Agreed.

'Carry ME to the finish line!' :crazy2:
And, that's my only comment on tonight's episode... sigh.

Just found this thread -- we are huge fans of Amazing Race and have never missed an episode. We always enjoy separating out the teams as we get to know them from most annoying or dumb to most deserving to win. We, too, are rooting for the team from Big Brother and the basketball players.

I didn't like that that girl targeted Jessica for deliberately putting her gnome on the ground. You are responsible for your own props and clues and it was on her that she ran away without it!

Also, I really wish CBS would stop jerking this show around and every season for the past two saying they are not bringing it back. It used to air twice a year like Survivor, now it seems we are lucky if they air it once a year.

I'm not liking this head to head stuff at the end of the leg. It just doesn't seem fair that the team that comes in first could potentially lose and be eliminated from the race. Plus you can have teams that come in hours before another team, now they are stuck there waiting for the team behind them to catch up so they can play the head to head game.

I'm not liking this head to head stuff at the end of the leg. It just doesn't seem fair that the team that comes in first could potentially lose and be eliminated from the race. Plus you can have teams that come in hours before another team, now they are stuck there waiting for the team behind them to catch up so they can play the head to head game.
I agree. I don't like it either for the same reason

ITA as well - it also eliminates any real disadvantage to a team who was saved by a non-elimination leg. Not that it had any effect this week, but it easily could have.

Still not liking that all teams are on the same flight as well. Once again, a team that finished hours after those in the front doesn't suffer any disadvantage - everyone is bunched back up each leg, it seems.

I'm not sure why they are attempting to "even" things out between the teams by having them all on the same flights and doing these head to head competitions. It certainly doesn't make it more exciting to watch.

I agree, although it didn't change the elimination last night. It is a nice addition, but it should not be part of elimination. Maybe it could be used mid-leg or as part of a speed bump type situation.

I missed the first 30 minutes last night, and then didn't realize it was a double-episode, so that was nice. I actually generally like the teams. I surprisingly hated to see the NBA guys go. I also like the locations and many of the challenges. My only complaint is still the lack of transportation drama and separation. At least last night they had to drive a little, and it was a minor issue, but it still seems like a reality road show. "Okay, today we are all going to X and we'll do a couple challenges, then tomorrow we'll go to Y and do a couple challenges." I haven't paid much attention to the separation time at the mat, but it can't be much. And it doesn't even matter, since they all get on the same plane the next day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter