Am I the only one who thinks Genie+ is not worth it?

All of this has me so concerned for our April trip 😫 We are going for 5 days beginning on April 22nd and I just cannot stomach paying $80 for 2 adults and 2 kids for genie + and absolutely not feeling paying an additional $80 for the four of us to take a couple minute ride on RSR. This is just ridiculous to me! I'm concerned we will be riding very few rides this next go around :( I think it's even more ridiculous you only get to ride the handful of LL rides ONCE. I feel disney has overstepped a huge line here with greed. This is outright greed! And it's working just like they want it to... make the standby lines miserable enough people cave and go ahead and buy their money sucking genie+.
Agreed. We’re going on a cruise next year to get our Disney fix. I’ll see how much of a rip off that is to me. 😂 At least we’re experimenting with other ideas. And my kids with fifty million food allergies (different per kid!) will hopefully be accommodated in a way that allows me to actually get a vacation. If it does I think this will be our go to vacation. We have to use das just to survive with their sensory issues anyway.

Yeah, not a huge fan. We live really close to WDW, like the fireworks scared me in the shower last night close, so didn't use it here. We did use it in DL in December and then just gave up and paid for LL. We are taking my daughter and her friend to WDW this weekend and letting them loose with LL. It's much easier than having them waste all that time in line, especially since her friend is only here every other month or so. We just sit at Starbucks and Pour House and shop while they run around. Ends up being the same cost lol.

My theory is that Disney based their ratio on one per person. People are getting lots of extra passes due to frequent breakdowns, not to mention those that are fishing for passes.

Question: would you go Monday 5/9 or Tuesday 5/10? It’s Disneyland only, no hoppers. We will have been at the park 4 other days the week before and we fly home 5/11.

Mondays can be very busy. I would rather go on a Tuesday.

They’ve priced my family out. Here I feel like we’ve finally saved enough to go as a family (it’s been 9-10 years) but I can’t fathom adding the money on for LL Genie plus for 10 people. And it does make me sad. We loved basic FP and even the $10 maxpass when it was just a 2 person trip. I’ve actually thought about switching to taking the kids to Hawaii (they’ve never been) because I think the cost would be the same with amazing fought deals. Big picture is I know we will have an amazing time, first time for our younger 4 kids (essentially). It will still feel magical but for the pre-trip planning it makes me feel kind of bummed.

Not a fan. Doesn’t save much time as too few rides available due to sell out and timing of booking windows. I won’t buy for Epcot or AK. Prefer not to for HS but DH‘s argument is we can afford it so he doesn’t care that the value isn’t there. It does have some use at MK. I’ll buy ILL for Remy as I love it, but that’s it.

I was initially thinking "we're definitely getting Genie+ for our trip next month," but now I'm thinking I probably won't want it.
We may get it the first day, because its my Dad's only full day in the parks, and it's a more crowded weekend day in general. I think it will be helpful to have a few shorter lines. But beyond that, I think we'll be fine waiting in the existing lines and using single rider line sometimes.
We probably will buy ILL for Rise and Racers, because I haven't ridden Rise yet and Racers is one of my favorites. But, I may "save" that for a different day.

But, we're already doing 1 full day in each park, plus definitely park hopping on that first day. I'm also considering running over to Disneyland for an hour or so right after we get there on arrival day, if we're not exhausted.
If we end up breaking my line upper limit rules, then so be it.

MP was definitely a superior product, and part of the reason I liked DLR better than WDW, but it's gone, and DLR still seems more manageable overall.

We used it 2 out of 4 days on our last trip, and found it worthwhile for our fam of 5. Loved stacking the LL for the evening while chilling in our hotel room in the afternoon. I wouldn’t add it every day, but especially when leveraging Rider Swap it can make for an awesome day.

I agree if it allowed re-rides it would be a no brainer for me. A dream is a wish….

Not a fan. Doesn’t save much time as too few rides available due to sell out and timing of booking windows. I won’t buy for Epcot or AK. Prefer not to for HS but DH‘s argument is we can afford it so he doesn’t care that the value isn’t there. It does have some use at MK. I’ll buy ILL for Remy as I love it, but that’s it.

DL Anaheim is a much different place than WDW (which is where you seem to be talking about). DL has way more rides in a small area than WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter