Am I the only one annoyed by the "free upgrade" happening?

This has nothing to do with the OP's question...but for those who mentioned the accessible door issue, I now always ask engineering to remove the door assist at the top of the doors at every resort. This allows the door to open freely and thus I can put my service dog's door strap on the handle for her to open and shut the door for me. It also keeps the door open wide enough for me to enter without scraping the door and/or damaging my power chair and gives me plenty of time to enter/exit without the door slamming on me. ---Kathy

Thank you so much BroganMc and dclfun for the great tips on making a resort room entry door a little more accesible when a guest is using a WC or an EVC.

I learned a couple of new tips today I will try in the future..

Have fun planning your next Disney vacation!:wizard:

Don't care in the least bit... I have my rooms and assume I get first crack... that alone is worth it.

I think one reason we see elitism (not just this thread at all--ALL of Disney resort discussions seem to have some undertone of socioeconomic class issues) is from Disney's own wording. The terms "value" and "moderate" and "deluxe" are just screaming economic class distinction. They just as easily could have labeled them Mickey, Donald, and Goofy level accommodations.
GOOFY level:rotfl2: us DVC'rs would fill that up fast:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter