Alternative Studio Layout/First Time Visit

crvetter

DIS Veteran
I’m not sure this is the correct place to ask. But in preparation for my Aulani trips I was reviewing some videos of the Deluxe Studios Ocean view and have noticed there are some alternative layouts which are similar to the deluxe studios at other DVC rooms (sofa and bed on same wall) as opposed to the room with the more L shape (sofa and bed opposite of each other). The latter layout is what DVC and Aulani have on their sites for the layouts.

My question is are there actually alternative layouts and where they might be located. I kind of would prefer the “official” layout for my room.

Also general question on poolside loungers. What area would be more available later than the suggested 7 am to claim chairs? My anxiety doesn’t bode well running down to try and grab chairs, plus it feels kind of icky to me to claim chairs for the sake of claiming. I’m traveling first week of September if that even matters.

Also any other suggestions for a first time stay would be appreciated. Edit to add two adults with a rental car for a week long stay.

Last edited:
I’m not sure this is the correct place to ask. But in preparation for my Aulani trips I was reviewing some videos of the Deluxe Studios Ocean view and have noticed there are some alternative layouts which are similar to the deluxe studios at other DVC rooms (sofa and bed on same wall) as opposed to the room with the more L shape (sofa and bed opposite of each other). The latter layout is what DVC and Aulani have on their sites for the layouts.

My question is are there actually alternative layouts and where they might be located. I kind of would prefer the “official” layout for my room.

Also general question on poolside loungers. What area would be more available later than the suggested 7 am to claim chairs? My anxiety doesn’t bode well running down to try and grab chairs, plus it feels kind of icky to me to claim chairs for the sake of claiming. I’m traveling first week of September if that even matters.

Also any other suggestions for a first time stay would be appreciated. Edit to add two adults with a rental car for a week long stay.
Usually there are plenty of loungers on the beach available at all times.

When we were there last year, we didn't have any issues grabbing loungers near the previously adult only pool. YMMV.

did you ever get an answer about the room layout? I think I'd rather have the more rectangular one with the bed and sofa on the same wall but not sure where those are located. I don't want to sacrifice a good view for the room layout

We stayed in one of these ocean view studios before. You would want to request a room ending in 54 or 56.

Actually it looks like the non angled balcony rooms end in 50 to 68. I think I had narrowed my request to 54 and 56 because those face the inside of the resort.

did you ever get an answer about the room layout? I think I'd rather have the more rectangular one with the bed and sofa on the same wall but not sure where those are located. I don't want to sacrifice a good view for the room layout
As the person below, I ended up in a more rectangular room and it ended in xx56. From what I could tell the short part of the wings that exist between the two long legs (one connected to the lobby and other that sticks out to the ocean) seem to be the ones with the straight balconies and rectangular rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter