Allure of the Seas Prohibition Event?

Anyone done this?

Yup! It was one of the best things we did on our Allure cruise last month. Almost everyone dressed up in flapper/gangster garb, they had a great band playing jazz and big-band music, and they had some interactive scenarios (I don't want to give too much away). Drinks (in mugs and teacups, so no one knows you're drinking alcohol during prohibition) and hors d'ouvres were included, and they also had non-alcoholic punch and soda for non-drinkers. The interactive roleplaying stuff was a blast, and it was a great location to dance without too much crowding. We also got a lot of great pictures from that night in our costumes.

Thanks for the reply. I think we are going to do it! Love dressing up and role playing and booze so thought it sounded good!

Pardon me for my ignorance but this may be a stupid question. Did you bring your own gangster/flapper garb or do they provide it ? Like one of those photo places where you can take the old time pics. Thanks.

Pardon me for my ignorance but this may be a stupid question. Did you bring your own gangster/flapper garb or do they provide it ? Like one of those photo places where you can take the old time pics. Thanks.

Don't worry, lots of people were asking this on a cruise board i frequent. Royal doesn't really do a good job advertising the prohibition party. ;)

We brought our own costumes. There is a small gift shop on the pool deck that sells some basic props, like fedoras, but that's it. No costume rental or anything. My husband got his fedora, white tie, and white suspenders at a party store for less than $20 total, and just wore a normal pinstripe suit. I had a dress I thought could pass (it was deep purple and had a bunch of layers that looked sort of fringy) so I just went to an accessories store and bought a headband and a long string of fake pearls. I also bought a black boa at the party store. That also would have been about $20-25, but I went a little overboard and bought a bracelet, a hair comb, and a second necklace. :p The place I went to was called Charming Charlies and they have a ton of 1920s-1930s-looking costume jewelry, but I'm sure somewhere like Claire's would have it, too, and Charming Charlie's probably has a website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter