Allergy friendly ice cream

angelbaby129

Mouseketeer
Is dairy-free ice cream or frozen treats available on the Magic? I'm hoping for something with almond milk or coconut milk. If so, do we need to have a documented allergy to ask for it? Thank you!

Good question - I would recommend calling guest services before you sail to ask about that. You do not have to "prove" you have an allergy, but at dinner 1 they will ask you about allergies and are usually very good about making recommendations based on that.

Some of the ships have pineapple dole whip, which is dairy free. However, that's not true "ice cream".

We got sorbet at dinner every night for my girl with a dairy allergy. I never found any plant based ice cream alternatives on the Magic. They did have some in the sweets shop on the fantasy for an extra charge. Also nothing needed to prove an allergy. Hope you have a great trip!

My boys' allergy to dairy is kind of odd. They're fine eating something with milk baked in like waffles, but would get hives if we put butter on the waffles. For this reason, I have to say they have a dairy allergy and be denied things I know they can eat. Thank you everyone for the suggestions! It was just really hard on our last Carnival cruise. There weren't a lot of desserts they can eat.

My girl also has gluten and egg allergies so sorbet was awesome every night. They did have dairy free cakes and other desserts.

We got vegan ice cream on the fantasy at sweet on you (coats extra) and our son got a pint of silk coconut milk vanilla ice cream at Castaway Cay (in addition to enjoy life double chocolate brownie cookies). You just need to order it at dinner the night before with your waiter when you place the allergy orders for the next days lunch. Our chef also surprised our son one night with an ice cream sundae for dinner (he got a namaste cake on most other nights).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter