All Star it is! thank you all. ... But which one?

kiki02

DIS Veteran
which one to reserve..

Its our first time to an AS

I'm going to call disney and reserve on phone, vs on line, correct?

:goodvibes

Our favorite is Music, Movies is our second choice and have not stayed at Sports. Congrat's on your choice! :thumbsup2

We enjoyed music, never stayed at movies, but with two boys staying at Sports is their favorite, obviously. Enjoy!!!

When are you going? If it is after the AS Sports food court refurb then I would say any of them.

Not that much of a difference between the benefits of any of them. So I would look at the images available online and see which theme your family would like the best. Is your family into music, sports or Disney movies? Since my son has been obsessed with Toy Story for about 6 years now we prefer the ASMovies.

DD was obsessed with Dalmatians so of course we had to stay at the ASMovies! I think they have all been refurbished??? A lot depends on if you have kids and what they like. My SIL refused to stay at the values because it wasn't their taste (gawdy) my niece cryed when they left and she wanted to stay there. They changed their minds and the next year stayed at the AS with us.

We loved All Star Movies. The Toy Story section was a lot more fun than when we stayed in the Fantasia area.

All Star Music is our favorite...seems a little less hectic and quieter to us...but if you want in-your-face Disney theming then All Star Movies can't be beat! Super fun! :goodvibes

All Star Music is our favorite...seems a little less hectic and quieter to us...but if you want in-your-face Disney theming then All Star Movies can't be beat! Super fun! :goodvibes

agreed!

Things to consider

kids ages - Movies is really the most fun in terms of theming. All 3 have multiple pools and you can pool hop between the All Stars.

food - as a PP mentioned AS Sports food court is closed until later this year (Nov?) if you're doing during the refurb you might want to keep that in mind

time of year - we stayed at Sports one time - it was great until the cheerleaders arrived - luckily they arrived on our 2nd to last day and last night - we survived but never again.

discounts - Sports and Music tend to get better room only discounts % off. Movies for example will have a RO discount of 5% off while Sports and Music will have 15 or 20% off.

Music is our favorite.

When staying at All Stars we like Sports buses stop there first, an its closer to Mc Donalds:cool1:

I take into account ages. If you have small children, then Movies. If you don't have small chidlren, then Music. The huge icons are great for the little ones at Movies.

All Star Sports if your family are big sports fans. My dad and hubby loved the sports theming when we stayed there.

On a trip with just me and the hubby, we stayed at Music since he is a big drummer and music guy as well.

The Movies have the larger than life disney movie characters there.

Our last trip was to POP, which was fun as well. The tye dyed cheesecake! And the name of the hotel was "POP" which is what my son calls my dad, so when we got there my son was like look Pop, its your own hotel!

We have stayed at all of them and each of us have a preference. The kids like Movies for the themes. Stayed in Toy Story and Love Bug and they really enjoyed looking around. I like Music as it seems a bit quieter and low key. DH likes Sports because it's sports :) and it's the first bus stop. Though we only have shares buses with other All-Stars once, it was convenient.

One note though, Movies was not included in the latest Free Dining promotion. We'll tentatively be back to Music because of that.

We like the All Star Sports. We have stayed there many times!! My kids like the sports theme. I know it is going through a remodel on the food court right now but we are staying there anyway this November. They are all about the same, just different themes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter