All I Want For Christmas Is an Okapi, a Dinosaur, a Herd of Elephants and ...

Just wanted to pop on here and say hi to the gang! :goodvibes

So glad we were able to meet up briefly on the Fourth, and that I was able to admire Brooklyn's hair braid. Is it still in?

Good morning all!

I'm glad you & Brooklyn had fun; it's too bad Kay's wasn't as enjoyable.

We've had some big happenings here in little ole Cedar Falls. A large firm (where I worked from 2008-2010) is in hot water - the CEO (I worked with him at times) tried to kill himself Monday. They then found that $200+ million from customer accounts is missing. Needless to say, I'm super relieved I don't work there any longer!!!

MeMom, you're leaving the afternoon of Oct 13, right?

Your pictures are getting me excited for DHS!! I was kind of "eh" about it before!

More reasons to like Hollywood Studios:

Bo, of course.

IMG_0723.jpg

People (and mermaids) finding true love.

P1130855.jpg

Superb hotel accomodations.

IMG_0228-1.jpg

Policemen who keep the streets safe.

IMG_0235-1.jpg

Pretty flowers.

IMG_0798.jpg

Unique fountains.

IMG_0803.jpg

Italian food.

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

Palm trees.

IMG_0834.jpg

Spectacular journeys.

IMG_0836.jpg

Going back to your childhood.

IMG_0865.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

Car chases.

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

Learning about where it all started - with a man and a mouse.

IMG_0868.jpg

Understanding how characters are created.

IMG_0876.jpg

Traveling the U.S.

IMG_0898.jpg

Yummy snacks.

IMG_0051.jpg

Safe catastrophes.

P1100748.jpg

P1100749.jpg

Beautifully done shows.

DSC00768.jpg

This is one of Minnie's favorite Hollywood activities.

DSC03340.jpg

Ending the day with the big white boat!

disneypics603.jpg

And I didn't even get to any of the Star Tours/Star Wars stuff, if you are into that. There are a lot of reasons to enjoy Hollywood. I say it is our fourth favorite park, because it's hard to say least favorite when it comes to this very cool place.

Loved the trip to DHS! It truly is a wonderful park.
I have to say that I love all of the parks, they give each of us a unique experience...
One day I would like to go there and just watch the "streetmosphere" NO scurrying off for a ride or show. They are such a hoot and great actors!

Ahhh... That was a lovely trip through Hollywood. Of course, we are going to need figure out how to balance those amazing princess shows with all of the Star award stuff on our next trip.

Thank you for the lovely trip through Hollywood Studios - it definitely added some Disney to my day. I have never gotten a yummy treat from Starring Rolls, I think I need to add that to my must-do's for our upcoming trip! :)

The DHS pictures were great. They reminded me of all the great things to enjoy. Plus don't forget Indiana Jones and American Idol. I love the different shows at Disney parks.

Thanks for the DHS pictures! They definetly get me more excited!

I need that Mr. Potato Head shirt. I tell DD all the time "Do you want mean mommy to show up?!" lol

I love all the actors walking around, too!!

I have to say that I love all of the parks, they give each of us a unique experience...
One day I would like to go there and just watch the "streetmosphere" NO scurrying off for a ride or show. They are such a hoot and great actors!

My dad and my brother do this - they go to DHS specifically to watch the streetmosphere actors. They LOVE them and always come back with stories!

I love the Mr. Potato Head "angry eyes" shirt!

Lately, I have no idea why, but we always always forget about the Animation Studio!!! We have to go back there next time!!

Just wanted to pop on here and say hi to the gang! :goodvibes

So glad we were able to meet up briefly on the Fourth, and that I was able to admire Brooklyn's hair braid. Is it still in?

We chose to get one of the clip-on braids, so it is still in good shape. She can take it in and out at will. :thumbsup2

We were happy to get to see you guys, as well. Glad you got to tour the nice accomodations of A & M. ONe could get very spoiled to having such nice space and nice decor. ::yes::

Good morning all!

I'm glad you & Brooklyn had fun; it's too bad Kay's wasn't as enjoyable.

We've had some big happenings here in little ole Cedar Falls. A large firm (where I worked from 2008-2010) is in hot water - the CEO (I worked with him at times) tried to kill himself Monday. They then found that $200+ million from customer accounts is missing. Needless to say, I'm super relieved I don't work there any longer!!!

MeMom, you're leaving the afternoon of Oct 13, right?

Kay might try again with another grandchild some day. For now, she is looking forward to an enjoyable adults only trip in March. She works so much, so it is nice to see her get to be away from the stress of life and go play for a while in Disney World. She likes it more and more every time. :)

Wow about the CEO. It is sad that people mess themselves up so badly over money.

Yes, we're leaving on the 13th. I'm not sure what time the flight is.

I think you need to stay until October 14. Don't you normally go home on a Sunday?

I agree!!

I think Jill wanted a day to chill out at home before going back to work. She will need that with having a new baby. And I will still have to get home after that, so Saturday it is.

Hopefully, our flight will be late enough on Saturday that we can overlap with you guys for a few minutes, at least. What are your exact arrival days/times?

I enjoy each park for each different atmosphere and all the offerings. If I could only go for three days and have one park a day, I would leave Hollywood out, so that's why I would call it my fourth favorite. If I only had two days, I would have a hard time choosing which two parks to go to. :eek:

Ahhh... That was a lovely trip through Hollywood. Of course, we are going to need figure out how to balance those amazing princess shows with all of the Star award stuff on our next trip.

You may decide to split up a time or two. Maybe you girls could go see Beauty and the Beast while the boys ride thrill rides or do Star Wars things. That's kind of how we do things when we have the entire group.

Loved the tour of DHS!!! Disney should hire you for marketing. :) It is my husband's favorite park!!

I might accept a marketing job for Disney World. :thumbsup2 If all I have to do is show pictures and talk Disney things, I think I can happily handle that. :goodvibes

Thank you for the lovely trip through Hollywood Studios - it definitely added some Disney to my day. I have never gotten a yummy treat from Starring Rolls, I think I need to add that to my must-do's for our upcoming trip! :)

The Butterfinger cupcake is good. It is huge - plenty for two to share.

People say they have good sandwiches for lunch, but I have not gotten one yet.

The DHS pictures were great. They reminded me of all the great things to enjoy. Plus don't forget Indiana Jones and American Idol. I love the different shows at Disney parks.

True, I left things out. I just scrolled through a few sets of pictures and grabbed some things that struck me. I have not seen American Idol yet, and it's been a long, long time on Indiana Jones, so I don't have pictures of those shows.

I am a big show person, too. I wish they had more.

Thanks for the DHS pictures! They definetly get me more excited!

I need that Mr. Potato Head shirt. I tell DD all the time "Do you want mean mommy to show up?!" lol

I love all the actors walking around, too!!

If the actors see you taking a picture of them, they will often play it up really big for the camera.

I started working on some of my classroom decorations yesterday, and I colored a large Mr. Potato Head. He had nice eyes, so hopefully he can keep those throughout the school year and not have to pull the angry ones out.

Well, maybe he can keep them for the first month without having to drag them out.

My dad and my brother do this - they go to DHS specifically to watch the streetmosphere actors. They LOVE them and always come back with stories!

They are fun to watch. So funny! And it is fun to watch the normal people who get sucked into the shows, too. ;)

I love the Mr. Potato Head "angry eyes" shirt!

Lately, I have no idea why, but we always always forget about the Animation Studio!!! We have to go back there next time!!

I could use an Angry Eyes shirt at school sometimes. :rolleyes1

The little Mushu show is cute, but we have yet to have the timing right to stop and draw. We keep saying we are going to, but with little ones, it doesn't work out so well.

It will probably be the weekend before Jill can start the new report. She is swamped at work, for one thing. She had to take Brooklynn to the dentist today to have a tooth pulled because the root was growing toward the side, so above and beyond work, she has extras to deal with. Maybe Friday night while she is crashing she can sit down at a computer for enjoyment, or sometime Saturday. Just wanted you to know where we stood with the new report.

Sadie & I arrive Friday night the 12th, and have a CRT ressie at 9:00. Otherwise, we're free & would love to meet up!

Sadly we don't arrive until later on the 13th, so we'll probably miss you too! :worried: We're driving, so anything can happen with our timing, but I'm sorry we can't overlap!

Jill, sorry you are so swamped. That's stressful. I hope Brooklynn did okay at the dentist.

I'm also so bummed I am going to miss MeMom by so little. :( We arrive the evening of the 15th.

MeMom, have you stayed/been to CSR? Thoughts? I just switched our ressie.

Sadie & I arrive Friday night the 12th, and have a CRT ressie at 9:00. Otherwise, we're free & would love to meet up!

We will work something out for that night or the next morning, then. I just got word from Jill that we have a six o'clock flight, so UnME will come around 3. That gives us some time in the morning to either hit DTD or a park one last time.

Totally enjoyed the little side trip to DHS. :goodvibes

Good. It kind of made me want to do one for the other parks, too. :goodvibes

Sadly we don't arrive until later on the 13th, so we'll probably miss you too! :worried: We're driving, so anything can happen with our timing, but I'm sorry we can't overlap!

Nooooo! :sad:
That is such a bummer!!! A lot of times we do stay until the last minute, but it really is best overall to give ourselves a buffer day before we go back to work.

Jill, sorry you are so swamped. That's stressful. I hope Brooklynn did okay at the dentist.

I'm also so bummed I am going to miss MeMom by so little. :( We arrive the evening of the 15th.

MeMom, have you stayed/been to CSR? Thoughts? I just switched our ressie.

Her boss is out on medical leave right now, and it is going to be that way almost until Jill is out for her maternity leave. She has her work cut out for her.

We have got to get better at this trip planning stuff! :headache: Please say all of you guys who are there that week will try to get together to ride a ride and get a picture. ::yes::

We have not stayed at Coronado, but I have visited there many times. It is a beautiful resort. We had a great buffet lunch there on this trip. Jill is considering staying there on her in-law trip. Her in-laws are more moderate people than value people, and that is the only moderate she has not stayed at.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter