All Good Things Come To Those That Wait - A Pre-trip Report

Yes! Those pictures are going to be fantastic.

I think that not only are you going for best dressed gal on board, you're going to blitz the best dressed couple. ::yes::

With less than 6 weeks to go until this trip, I thought I better get on top of the rest of my holiday shopping. I got three pairs of sandals and two swimsuits.

I think those are just for every day wear around the ship and the ports:

Those I will probably wear for dinner most nights:

I also got a couple of swimsuits. I still need a couple more as most of my old ones did not come back after the last trip, but I sort this out on payday:

Corinna

Cute swimsuits. You're on a roll getting things together.

I need to be. There is actually not that much time left. I have a meet from another forum the weekend after next, which is in the south of the country. I have a bunch of stuff to cover at work and then there is Easter in the middle, which is a 4 day weekend. So time will just fly.

Corinna

Oh I adore those waistcoats. You two are going to look so cute together! Can't wait to see. Love the sandals and the swimming suits!

Do you have matching luggage? I would like some new luggage.

Oh I adore those waistcoats. You two are going to look so cute together! Can't wait to see. Love the sandals and the swimming suits!

Do you have matching luggage? I would like some new luggage.

No, we had matching suitcases once upon a time, but not anymore. I had to get a new suitcase in California just before our Hawaii cruise after the airline destroyed the one I flew out with.

Corinna

No, we had matching suitcases once upon a time, but not anymore. I had to get a new suitcase in California just before our Hawaii cruise after the airline destroyed the one I flew out with. Corinna
oh what a nightmare! I would hate for that to happen I hope they compensated you!

oh what a nightmare! I would hate for that to happen I hope they compensated you!

I did not notice the trouble until I tried to open the suitcase the following morning at our friends' house. Working for an airline, I know if you want to have any chance of compensation, you need to report any damage before leaving the airport. Normally they also try to repair the damage first, which would not have been a option as we were getting on the Disney Wonder two days later and I needed a suitcase for this. I did get a real bargain on a Samsonite suitcase though so it was not all bad.

Corinna

This will be the fourth time we are visiting Cozumel and this is probably one of our favourite ports. We did an organized excursion the first time round, but have been doing our own thing since as it is just so easy and the fact that it saves quite a bit of money is a nice little incentive as well.

On every trip to Cozumel, we spent the day at the Chankanaab National Park. We ended up there on our first trip because I wanted to swim with dolphins and Dolphin Discovery is based there. When we visited, we just fell in love. One of the main draws of Chankanaab is the coral reef and the tropical fish that are around this. The fish are very much used to human beings as they are fed by park staff so we are normally absolutely swamped by them.

On our three previous visits, I have always done some kind of programme through Dolphin Discoveries, which took up a large chunk of the day. So I only ever had time to do some snorkeling and have a quick dip in the freshwater pool. I had a look on what else is on offer and was quite surprised. There are meant to be some Mayan ruins there. I am not sure of the quality and how authentic they are, but they surely must be worth a look. There is also a replica Mayan village and a botanical garden. Graham mentioned that he has seen that they offer couple’s massages at really good prices so we may treat ourselves to one of those. In also read that they offer a Tequila tasting, which would be right up my street. We will have a nice long day in Cozumel and I am looking forward to the chance to do some exploring.

I don't think the Mayan ruins are real, but it makes for a nice walk-thru.

We were in that part of the world in 1997. I don't know if Chankanaab was opened then. But we saw dolphins frolicking in the sea when we caught the ferry across to Cozumel. It was lovely.

Beautiful pictures of the clean white, white sand of that part of the world.

We were in that part of the world in 1997. I don't know if Chankanaab was opened then. But we saw dolphins frolicking in the sea when we caught the ferry across to Cozumel. It was lovely.

Beautiful pictures of the clean white, white sand of that part of the world.

Chankanaab received its National Park Status in 1980 so it should have been open in 1997.

I am very pleased with those photos. They were actually taken with my water-proof Panasonic Lumix.

Corinna

Chankanaab received its National Park Status in 1980 so it should have been open in 1997.

I am very pleased with those photos. They were actually taken with my water-proof Panasonic Lumix.

Corinna

Dang! Missed it!

We went to Xcaret instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter