Alcohol at Be Our Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. How many people have posted in his thread that they weren't going to eat there, but now they will? I am too lazy to count but there were quite a few. Or do you think they were just trying to make a point?

The place was all ready booked and has a finite number of seats. It can't add anymore people. They can only replace people who may cancel an ADR in protest over this decision.

Hi Walts girl!

They dont want a discussion they are following a *MOB MENTALITY*

Basicly only thier opinion counts and then just keep swamping (with repeated posts, often mispresenting your posts)anyone with another view!

If that doesnt work, a few decide your not english speaking and they are offended, as in my case that my spelling and typing is not good.

If they thought a bit or asked, they would have guessed or known why.

Time will tell what happens, not anything posted here!

AKK

PS. yes I know they will flame me now:duck:..........I really dont care and I have little interest in their views any longer.

Hi Walts girl!

Basicly only thier opinion counts and then just keep swamping (with repeated posts, often mispresenting your posts)anyone with another view!

If that doesnt work, a few decide your not english speaking and they are offended, as in my case that my spelling and typing is not good.

AKK

PS. yes I know they will flame me now:duck:..........I really dont care and I have little interest in their views any longer.

who is "they"?

What is sad is that you don't realize that is that you DID. Without Walt's vision, WDW would not exist. Amazing.

No one ever said it was the end of the world. This is a discussion on a message board. Get a grip? Lol.

Quite Rude!!!

I think alcohol should be kept completely out of the MK, the problem is that once it starts at one place, it ends up everywhere and you end up with drunks throughout the park. I have to say that as someone who doesn't drink, it has always been nice to have a park that you can go to and not have anyone else drinking, it make everything a lot more comfortable.

Alcohol is present in EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, California Adventure, Tokyo Disneysea, Disneyland Paris, Disneyquest, ALL Disney-owned resorts and hotels, etc...

Every time I visit Animal Kingdom, it's like Spring Break in Acapulco.

ExEv-yachtsman-akpicnic-049.JPG

Any moment now, that lady in the lower left is going to rip off her top and start dancing on the table! ;)

If you can't be comfortable anywhere in Disney World any more, I'd suggest finding a new vacation destination. Perhaps the Al Shallal Theme Park in Saudi Arabia would suit your needs better? The entire country is dry!

Have you ever worked in the corporate world? Yes. People make bad decisions all the time. This is not a decision that was greenlighted by a single person who has his/her neck on the line. This had to have been studied, vetted, contemplated, tested and analyzed. Otherwise, the Theme Park Division of The Disney Company is not nearly the wonderful, attention-to-detail, thorough company that you say it is. You can't have it both ways. This cannot be a scattershot, off-the-cuff decision if the company making it is slow to change and thorough in its analysis of what guests want. I am sure someone made this decision, but it may or may not work out. No. No "one" made this decision. Now who is showing their ignorance of how Fortune 100 Companies operate? New Coke? Right idea. Bad rollout. Look how many different Coke (and Pepsi) products there are now. Diet Coke. Caffein Free. Coke Zero. Pepsi Max. Pepsi One. I could go on. New Coke was poorly named and poorly rolled out. But there certainly was room in the market for another product. Susan G Komen and Planned Parenthood? Now THAT is an example of a decision made by one person who let power get to her head. Unless Iger single-handedly is responsible for beer and wine at BoG, then this isn't analogous to the situation at hand. There is backlash all the time. Don't follow anyone blindly, you could fall off a cliff.

I do not think that serving alcohol in one single restaurant will cause a rash of drunken people.

Then why the consternation? If your fear is the utter proliferation of alcohol throughout the MK, shouldn't we be having this discussion if and when that is announced? Shouldn't you be writing emails and letters to HQ telling them that you are fine with this decision, if and only if the intent is to limit alcohol sales to BoG during dinner? Wouldn't that be a much more effective way to catch their attention? And for the one-millionth time....can we stop using the Epcot F&W event as the bellweather for things to come at the MK? It is a separate event that does not bleed over to any other park. No other park where alcohol is served has given rise to one single complaint in this, or any other thread. A belly dancer in Epcot did not lead to pole dancing all over the park, and wine at dinner isn't going to lead to drunks falling down Main Street. The only argument that people seem to be willing to make against this decision is that this new move will inevitably lead to alcohol throughout the park, and that alcohol throughout the park will lead to public drunkeness. Neither conclusion is rational, supported by fact, or supported by the case histories that we have in both AK and DHS. No one wants to come forward and explain why alcohol in the MK will be exactly like F&W, 24/7/365, and nothing like AK or DHS on a typical day. If and when you are prepared to address this point, I'll listen. But until then, the protests are nothing more than shrill cries of panic.

Then why the consternation? If your fear is the utter proliferation of alcohol throughout the MK, shouldn't we be having this discussion if and when that is announced? Shouldn't you be writing emails and letters to HQ telling them that you are fine with this decision, if and only if the intent is to limit alcohol sales to BoG during dinner? Wouldn't that be a much more effective way to catch their attention? And for the one-millionth time....can we stop using the Epcot F&W event as the bellweather for things to come at the MK? It is a separate event that does not bleed over to any other park. No other park where alcohol is served has given rise to one single complaint in this, or any other thread. A belly dancer in Epcot did not lead to pole dancing all over the park, and wine at dinner isn't going to lead to drunks falling down Main Street. The only argument that people seem to be willing to make against this decision is that this new move will inevitably lead to alcohol throughout the park, and that alcohol throughout the park will lead to public drunkeness. Neither conclusion is rational, supported by fact, or supported by the case histories that we have in both AK and DHS. No one wants to come forward and explain why alcohol in the MK will be exactly like F&W, 24/7/365, and nothing like AK or DHS on a typical day. If and when you are prepared to address this point, I'll listen. But until then, the protests are nothing more than shrill cries of panic.

I agree with you completely.

1. The 'no-alcohol' crowd has not acknowledged any comparison to AK or DHS, but only to Epcot--a place I have seen ONE unruly drunk in over 30 visits to WDW, at least 4 of those visits during F/W. And actually, the overall distribution of alcohol at MK as presented in this one restaurant, without to-go cups will be even LESS than at AK or DHS.

2. I have yet to see a supported point made for the issue of 'if you serve drinks at one location, it will soon be available all over the park.' (insert some exclamations and ZOMG! if you wish, as the hyperbole varies :p)
First, NO ONE from TDC has indicated this will be the case. Second, this is definitely NOT the case at DL, where alcohol has not rampantly spread from Club 33. I can't say for certain that there will NEVER be alcohol anywhere else in the MK (because it is not my company and I am not clairvoyant), but FOR NOW, there are no plans for such, so people are throwing out that slippery slope argument without basis.

I agree with you completely.

...And actually, the overall distribution of alcohol at MK as presented in this one restaurant, without to-go cups will be even LESS than at AK or DHS.

Orders of magnitude less. So much less that my human mind is incapable of comprehending just how small the percentage of alcohol served to guests lucky enough to have secured ADRs at BoG during dinner will be in comparison to the volume served at DHS or AK throughout an entire day to any adult who wishes to purchase. And yet, this infinitesimally small percentage of alcohol served only after the dinner hour will result in public drunkeness all day long, in numbers heretofore never seen on this planet. That pixie dust must be some pretty strong stuff.:crazy2:

Hi Walts girl!

AKK

I do not call it Mob Mentality, I call it being reasonable. Majority here understands based on other parks that nothing horrible is going to happen. Few just need to project their control issues on everyone else. And to add some weight to their opinions they present it as Walts wish, like they actually knew the man and still know him, ridiculous. It is not that those few disagree, it is about how they post, extremely judgemental, extremely unreasonable and looking at poor us from above with their super high "morals" coloring us as a mob, as alcoholics and so on. Not everyone who is against alcohol at MK is being flamed. We are fine with different opinions but some do not seem to be fine with ours.

I do not call it Mob Mentality, I call it being reasonable. Majority here understands based on other parks that nothing horrible is going to happen. Few just need to project their control issues on everyone else. And to add some weight to their opinions they present it as Walts wish, like they actually knew the man and still know him, ridiculous. It is not that those few disagree, it is about how they post, extremely judgemental, extremely unreasonable and looking at poor us from above with their super high "morals" coloring us as a mob, as alcoholics and so on. Not everyone who is against alcohol at MK is being flamed. We are fine with different opinions but some do not seem to be fine with ours.

:thumbsup2

Hi Walts girl!

AKK

I prefer the term vocal majority.

I may be mistaken but the only ones carrying pitchforks and storming the castle are the people who are against the alcohol at BOG. (which is oddly appropriate as it is the Beasts castle)

I prefer the term vocal majority.

I may be mistaken but the only ones carrying pitchforks and storming the castle are the people who are against the alcohol at BOG. (which is oddly appropriate as it is the Beasts castle)

can't you see the angry mob of alcoholics? i think one just vomited...

Alcohol is present in EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, California Adventure, Tokyo Disneysea, Disneyland Paris, Disneyquest, ALL Disney-owned resorts and hotels, etc...

Every time I visit Animal Kingdom, it's like Spring Break in Acapulco.

ExEv-yachtsman-akpicnic-049.JPG

Any moment now, that lady in the lower left is going to rip off her top and start dancing on the table! ;)

:rotfl2::lmao:
If you can't be comfortable anywhere in Disney World any more, I'd suggest finding a new vacation destination. Perhaps the Al Shallal Theme Park in Saudi Arabia would suit your needs better? The entire country is dry!

Thats one of my most favorite places in WDW. 7 days. I can taste the Safari Ale right now.

not sure if everyone else has received a reply to their emails . I sent two emails; one to a person I know who is a "somebody" at Disney, and the other sent directly to the customer service email form. The first told me that the overwhelming response had been a positive one so far. This is the response I got to the guest services email:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your positive comments with our
new Be Our Guest Restaurant offering at the Magic Kingdom® Park.

Here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we are continually focused on
providing the best possible storytelling experiences for our Guests. Be
Our Guest Restaurant is a perfect example of how food and beverage
offerings at Disney Parks have evolved to play an even more significant
role in the storytelling experience.

Our Guests? feedback, as well as their continued enthusiasm for our
products and services, is very important to us. We appreciate the time
you took to share your thoughts with us and look forward to hosting you
as ?Our Guest? in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter