AKV seems the best cost-effective WDW resort with the new 2024 dues

Back when we were first looking ... it was BLT v SSR for SAP - the non-prorated cost per point was ($85-95 v $110) BLT had 6 more years, and we would have stayed in a BLT 1br and walked to MK with our double stroller at the time. Even so, I remember running and re-running $ after buying wondering whether BLT or SSR had been the right choice, while I had a friend who'd bought SSR who constantly did the same. Back then, AKV's dues were SO much higher that we figured we'd book at 7mo with lower dues points when we wanted a savanna view room. That has changed - AKV dues are still higher, but only by about $1.40.

Have now stayed in a 2br savanna view, loved it, and will do again. Still with our BLT points, though. Anything on the Board sponsor's chart in places 1-9 are within $1.50 per point from each other, so you may as well buy where you want to stay.

AKV outpacing SSR since its exception for MF increases. Long term that is catching up to it. SSR is also going to be less expensive, lower MFs, and can easily book AKV at 7 months pretty much anytime of the year.

Now you can get AKV if you want to try to get the value rooms but in the end SSR is going to come out ahead.

BWV was never a cheap option you buy there to stay there and OKW recently had a spike in MFs to make it more clearly SSR as the best spot to use for SAP from the resale market.

Let's factor in the points charts...

Except the only one that matters is cost per point because other than Value rooms you are going to be able to book AKV rooms at 7 months pretty much all the time. I know some people talk about getting Value rooms but I wouldnt buy based on that specifically.

That being said I am not strictly a fan of this chart. Its okay but I found in the past it can be slightly off because of the average cost isn't actually what you could buy for. So if you are using this as a decision then I would get actual numbers of what you can buy a contract for not just the average.

1701711467714.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter