AKV re: standard, value etc...

I believe all of the Standard View rooms in Jambo House will face the pool area. By definition "Standard View" is a view of the pool, a garden or parking lot. This will be true for the Standard view villas in Kidani Village. But Jambo House differs from Kindani in that it will have Value villas and the only rooms facing the parking lot in Jambo House are Value villas.

The AKL hotel has two different room sizes. Most of the rooms are "standard" size rooms but most of the 5th floor and all of the 6th floor rooms are larger "deluxe" size rooms, about 40 sq ft larger than the "standard" size rooms. Not all of the rooms on the 5th floor are "deluxe" size. The rooms along both sides of the Giraffe and Ostrich trails, the two short hallways along the front of AKL that I marked in lime green, are "standard" size rooms. The Value villas are the result of converting those "standard" size rooms to AKV villas. Since those are the only rooms that face the parking lot and they will all be Value villas, there will be no parking lot views from any Standard View villas in Jambo House. I don't believe there are any views at Jambo House that would be classified as "garden view" so that means that all of the Standard View villas in Jambo House will have a view of the pool area.
Thanks for the explanation. That seems to mean that booking a Standard view in Jambo House is a good bet as you know that you will get a pool view and not risk an Impala (the car, not the animal) view. My DH wanted to make up a car spotting guide like the one in the room if we ever end up in a parking lot view. It would have a Ram, Impala, Cougar, etc on it.

I'm not positive but I believe the value rooms will also run along both sides of the lobby on the 5th floor. If this were indeed true then there would be a green value line underneath the pink concierge line for those few rooms.

Robin, you may want to take a look at close up of some of those standard pool view rooms. Some on the fifth floor rooms closer to the lobby have a lot of roof to look over to see the pool. This would be true for some of the value and concierge rooms as well. Someone posted a good close up view (I'm thinking LisaS was responsible for that one as well). Not a dead breaker but something to be aware of.

I'm not positive but I believe the value rooms will also run along both sides of the lobby on the 5th floor. If this were indeed true then there would be a green value line underneath the pink concierge line for those few rooms.
I found it hard to tell whether those rooms are the smaller "standard" size AKL rooms or the larger "deluxe" size rooms, so I didn't mark that section. If they are the smaller rooms and become Value villas, that further increases the odds of not getting a parking lot view from a Value villa!

Robin, you may want to take a look at close up of some of those standard pool view rooms. Some on the fifth floor rooms closer to the lobby have a lot of roof to look over to see the pool. This would be true for some of the value and concierge rooms as well. Someone posted a good close up view (I'm thinking LisaS was responsible for that one as well). Not a dead breaker but something to be aware of.
I found the thread with the satellite photo of the pool area rooms: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=19323031

My DH wanted to make up a car spotting guide like the one in the room if we ever end up in a parking lot view. It would have a Ram, Impala, Cougar, etc on it.
I love this idea!! Don't forget the Mustang, Jaguar and if he's including insects, the Beetle!

Lisa, do you think that the rooms overlooking the roof of Boma that you've labeled "standard" might actually be Value? It would seem that the roof overhang would be the least desirable . . .

Originally Posted by robinb
My DH wanted to make up a car spotting guide like the one in the room if we ever end up in a parking lot view. It would have a Ram, Impala, Cougar, etc on it.

LOL at the car spotting guide!

Dirk

Lisa, do you think that the rooms overlooking the roof of Boma that you've labeled "standard" might actually be Value? It would seem that the roof overhang would be the least desirable . . .

LOL at the car spotting guide!

Dirk

It's not about view...it's about size.

So, if they are the smaller sq ftage, they'd be value.

If they just have a "lousier" view...but are bigger...they'd be standard.

Will all the value studios and standard studios be in Jambo house? I hope this is the case. I had a room at AKL once that's now on the map as a standard view studio (5th floor, pool view) and I LOVED it. I'd love to get this same place as a standard view studio.

Will all the value studios and standard studios be in Jambo house? I hope this is the case. I had a room at AKL once that's now on the map as a standard view studio (5th floor, pool view) and I LOVED it. I'd love to get this same place as a standard view studio.

Value: Yes, all at Jambo.

Concierge: All at Jambo.

Standard: At both Kidani and Jambo. But, remember, you'll get to choose your building at time of booking (assuming availability at both). At Kidani, some of those Standard rooms will be parking lot view...at Jambo, not. So if you're booking standard, Jambo is going to get you the better view.

Savannah: Obviously at both.

Will all the value studios and standard studios be in Jambo house?

Value rooms will only be in Jambo (pool, savannah, and a few parking lot view)

Standard will be at both Jambo and Kidani, however you will be able to reserve the building location. For example, your reservation will be for a 'standard studio in Jambo House'.

AKV has a huge number of reservation catagories/room types. It will be confusing for members as well as MS for a while.

As pilferk and lisareniff already said, it's the size of the villa that determines if it is a Value villa or not. The rooms overlooking the roof of Boma are the larger rooms so they will not be Value rooms. Given that Standard View rooms can have a view of a pool, garden or parking lot I think a pool view with a roof immediately below the room still beats a parking lot view so I think those rooms are still within the expectations for a standard view.

Its driving me crazy but I know I have seen the schedule for opening sections. I know I have seen it. I am trying to book a 2 bdrm concierge for a weekend in January and was wondering if a new section may open up because none are available right now. Will I have any hope????:lmao:

Its driving me crazy but I know I have seen the schedule for opening sections. I know I have seen it. I am trying to book a 2 bdrm concierge for a weekend in January and was wondering if a new section may open up because none are available right now. Will I have any hope????:lmao:
If you're referring to that construction map, it's out of date. Originally, Concierge wasn't going to be available until May 2008 but they changed the schedule and it is now opening on Dec 1, 2007. Concierge consists of only 5 2BR lockoffs and members have been able to book them since June so it's not surprising that there are none available. Sorry!

Thanks Lisa, that kinda sucks, but I will keep my faith in my pixie dust and will keep trying!!! :wizard:

Thanks Lisa, that kinda sucks, but I will keep my faith in my pixie dust and will keep trying!!! :wizard:
There are not that many AKV owners at this point so if you try for Concierge before the 7-month booking window opens (or better yet, day-by-day right when the 11-month window opens) you have a good chance of booking Concierge. Also, just so you are aware, three of those 2BR lockoffs face the Sunset Savanna and the other two face the pool area. Savanna view is not guaranteed but you can list it as a request.

There are not that many AKV owners at this point so if you try for Concierge before the 7-month booking window opens (or better yet, day-by-day right when the 11-month window opens) you have a good chance of booking Concierge. Also, just so you are aware, three of those 2BR lockoffs face the Sunset Savanna and the other two face the pool area. Savanna view is not guaranteed but you can list it as a request.

Lisa I think you are Queen Kidani!!!!!! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter