AKV Kidani or OKW?

snoopy5386

DIS Veteran
We own at AKV but were not able to book this trip at 11 months out, so we were unable to get our usual value villa. We've never stayed in Kidani, only Jambo house. Looking to stay this next trip at either AKV Kidani or OKW, what would you pick and why? We're a family of 4 with an 8 yo and an almost 3 yo at the time of travel. We'll be doing 1 night in a studio followed by 5 in a 1 bedroom. We're traveling with extended family, but they won't be staying at the same resort. We may or may not have a car, it's undecided right now. How do the villas compare size wise? Not sure if we'll ever have enough downtime to gather in our room with all the relatives (us four + six extended family) but I imagine OKW would better accommodate us if we did all want to get together in one place?

Really undecided as of right now, but one thought pushing me towards OKW was that our SIL and BIL who live in Tampa could stay with us at OKW, SIL and BIL on the sofa bed, 8 year old on the sleeper chair and 2 year old on the loveseat? Would this work? Has anyone done that before? It would only be for one maybe two nights.

If it's extra space, definitely OKW - having the extra large deck alone is a plus, and yes, there is much more sleeping space there for everyone. Kidani is great if you want to spend the extra points for savannah view, but DH and I only do this if we're not doing parks as it's hard to see many animals early in the morning or later in the day - OKW has the relaxing DVC ferry to Downtown Disney which is a plus as well, and it is more centrally located to all the parks.

We own at AKV but were not able to book this trip at 11 months out, so we were unable to get our usual value villa. We've never stayed in Kidani, only Jambo house. Looking to stay this next trip at either AKV Kidani or OKW, what would you pick and why? We're a family of 4 with an 8 yo and an almost 3 yo at the time of travel. We'll be doing 1 night in a studio followed by 5 in a 1 bedroom. We're traveling with extended family, but they won't be staying at the same resort. We may or may not have a car, it's undecided right now. How do the villas compare size wise? Not sure if we'll ever have enough downtime to gather in our room with all the relatives (us four + six extended family) but I imagine OKW would better accommodate us if we did all want to get together in one place?

Really undecided as of right now, but one thought pushing me towards OKW was that our SIL and BIL who live in Tampa could stay with us at OKW, SIL and BIL on the sofa bed, 8 year old on the sleeper chair and 2 year old on the loveseat? Would this work? Has anyone done that before? It would only be for one maybe two nights.

You'l defiinitely have more space at OKW. Our family of 4 stayed in a 1bdrm and it was huge! Yes, since one of your kids is under 3, you can have 5 plus one under 3 in a 1bdrm (but not in a studio). Not sure about the 2yo on the loveseat, maybe bring a small mattress?

We loved OKW when we stayed there when our kids were almost 11 and 8. That said, we haven't stayed at AKV but hope to this fall. I don't think you can go wrong with either one, and I wouldn't hesitate to give OKW a try. If you do, I'd definitely opt for a car.

The 1-beds at OKW are huge and have the extra large balcony but they only have one bathroom and lots of unused space in my opinion. I am also not much of a fan of the resort.

1-beds at Kidani have the extra bathroom and the sleeper chair so better with more people although I thought the rooms were a bit dark.

I like SSR better but they don't have the extra sleeper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter