AKV DISboard Ownership Chart

Hey there, fellow AKV admirers!!!

Updated plans including the new units declared on the 3rd floor. Interesting note, looking closely at some of the declared units, kitchen layouts are different even within the Kidani units...interesting!

Here's the 3rd floor:

Kidani3rdFloor.jpg

And here's the 2nd floor. I updated it to reflect the last three units being only 1 villa deep at the south end.

Kidani2ndFloor.jpg

It is a phenomenal resort. There is truly none like it.

Thanks Ed.

I've done some digging around, but for the AKV veterans out there (both Jambo and Kidani), what are some of the lesser known things that you would recommend ?

Chris

Thanks Ed.

I've done some digging around, but for the AKV veterans out there (both Jambo and Kidani), what are some of the lesser known things that you would recommend ?

Chris

We stayed Kidani last summer. The safari view near Jambo was not as interesting as the safari view near the pool. There were a lot of giraffes near the pool, we would rarely see them on our side of the safari. Also, the night time “storage” for the animals is close to the pool, so they seemed to hang out over there more.

We stayed Kidani last summer. The safari view new Jambo was not as interesting as the safari view near the pool. There were a lot of giraffes near the pool, we would rarely see them on our side of the safari. Also, the night time “storage” for the animals is close to the pool, so they seemed to hang out over there more.

Thanks for the tip - keep em' coming !

Chris

For those with little kids (ie picky eaters) - what were their favorite places to eat at AKV ?

Chris

i have only stayed one night at kidani, but thought it to be fantastic. we moved to jambo the next day. i was unable to see the pool at all and finally asked someone to point it out a few days later. i wish i had know about the pool area and the animals before my trip.

the resort is fantastic, interesting and beautiful. i even found our names on the tarp in the lounge area.

sanaa is the most interesting restaurant i have ever been in. i did love the food but it is unusual and might be a little to spicey for children. i also got something in my food there that i was allergic to :confused3 and had a problem with my air passages swelling closed. there are a lot of different herbs and spices. i will try it again someday.

i have always loved jambo. it is so beautiful. if you have a chance, when staying on concierge level, take the sunrise safari. we were just thrilled, it was so much more like you imagine the true safaries in africa to be, altho the real ones may not be as likely to find so many animals and be able to view then close up.

ak has my vote on all issues. i simply love it.:thumbsup2

For those with little kids (ie picky eaters) - what were their favorite places to eat at AKV ?

Chris

My DS13 is the pickiest... I mean picky... if pizza has italian spices on top... he won't eat it... won't pick it off even.

We eat at Boma and he can go pick and eat his chicken nuggets and mac and cheese or breakfast and be fine. He does ok with Mara and not well at all at Jiko and Saana. We pack pb&j in one jar and bring bread with us.:confused3

Thanks - trying to balance the fine line between overplanning and not being surprised about anything at AKV, while also avoiding any potentially unpleasant surprises.

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter