AKL - Difference between Jambo & Kidani

cccory

Mouseketeer
We have stayed at Kidani, but was wondering the difference between the two. We are looking at staying in Jambo, in a 1-bedroom, savannah view. It seems Jambo house is more sold out than Kidani.

We have stayed at Kidani, but was wondering the difference between the two. We are looking at staying in Jambo, in a Deluxe studio, savannah view. It seems Jambo house is more sold out than Kidani.

Jambo has fewer DVC rooms than Kidani. Only the top 2 floors of Jambo are DVC. All of Kidani is DVC.

KIDANI
smaller, quieter lobby
1 TS restaurant
1st bus stop
covered parking

JAMBO
larger, busier lobby
2 TS, 1 CS restaurant
larger gift shop

That makes sense to the reason that Jambo house has less availability. Thanks!

Jambo has fewer DVC rooms than Kidani. Only the top 2 floors of Jambo are DVC. All of Kidani is DVC. KIDANI smaller, quieter lobby 1 TS restaurant 1st bus stop covered parking JAMBO larger, busier lobby 2 TS, 1 CS restaurant larger gift shop

Perfect summary! We stayed at both Kidani and Jambo and each has its own draws IMO. We enjoyed Kidani but Jambo is a little more our speed. We love the atmosphere of both but Jambo def as the edge for us.

Not sure how important this is to the OP:

Kidani 1 bedroom units have 2 full bathrooms, where Jambo 1 bedroom units only have 1 full bathroom.

AKL Kidani and BLT are the only DVC resorts to offer two full bathrooms in 1 bedroom units.

We find having two bathrooms a great convenience, especially with a teenage daughter.

Having stayed in both multiple times, I really don't think we'll stay at Jambo house unless it's club level. I like the extra bathroom in the 1BR WAAAAAY too much. :)

One thing I didn't like at Jambo's 1 bedroom is the shower is a tub/shower combo. It's a jetted tub so it is high. I'm short so it made it awkward to get in and out to take a shower.

Thanks! I can see where the extra bathroom is a huge difference. I have teenage daughters and it would be a given if they were coming. Since it's just the 8 yr. old, I think we will try Jambo.

Thanks! I can see where the extra bathroom is a huge difference. I have teenage daughters and it would be a given if they were coming. Since it's just the 8 yr. old, I think we will try Jambo.

With an 8 year old, being the first bus stop, which is at Kidani, and the fact that Kidani has a much better kids pool area would make Kidani the winner for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter