AK Crowds Outside Pandora

Jess_S

DIS Veteran
I'm curious to know how the opening of Pandora is impacting crowds in other parts of AK. Is Pandora such a draw that it's bringing more people into the park and increasing waits everywhere? Or are crowds mostly headed to Pandora, leaving other attractions with shorter waits.

I'm thinking that we will rope drop AK, head somewhere other than Pandora and experience fairly low crowds. Or am I dreaming?

(Hopefully there aren't a bunch of threads on this already. I did search before I posted).

I haven't been since Pandora opened, but from what I've read and listened to it seems like Pandora draws most people there and there are shorter wait times around the park, especially in the morning.

If you ignore Pandora, you could RD every other ride in the park in 90 minutes. Probably less.
I don't have the time or the hoppers. But if I did I'd probably rope drop pandora one day and all the others another day and hop away each time when done.

I was thinking that we would enjoy the non-Pandora part of the park in the morning (including lingering over the animals and watching a show or two -- we are definitely not run from ride-to-ride type visitors), lunch at Tusker House, using a FP on one of the Pandora rides and calling it a day. From what you guys are saying, it sounds to me like Pandora is eating crowds in the morning as everyone rushes for rides there. So I'm thinking my expectation that we could do a more leisurely tour of the rest of the park in the a.m. is correct.

Last edited:
Yes, but the good news is that they are concentrating on Pandora, especially at rope drop, and there are shorter lines in the rest of the park. I saw the safari down to 10 minutes in midafternoon. (This was in June though)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter